Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

1 minute ago, Sonic The Badass said:

Do you guys think Sonic Mania will be a one time thing or that we'll be seeing more classic games after this?

I personally believe that Sonic Mania is going to be a one time thing, the "be-all, end-all" of the Classic series.

Would like to point something out regarding a collectors edition of this game.

Given how this was digital only... there exists the very real possibility that the CE might not have a physical release but a DLC code.

Why? Well... Microsoft. Microsoft is very restrictive on low physical releases, we're talking high thousands if not into the tens of thousands for a physical release.

However... Sony is really good for limited run releases on their systems. Vita and PS4 can be as low as just a thousand.

Xbox 360 and One is another story, it's a much higher quantity. Source of this is any Limited Run Games interview. 

This would mean that Sega would need to manufacture somewhere in the region of at least (Best estimate) 5000- 10 thousand+ units on just the Xbox One.... then a similar number for the PS4... then another quantity on the PC.

Now add the cost of all the CE content on top of that. 

That's... quite a lot of high priced CEs over 2 potentially 3 systems, even before you get into the distribution costs... assuming it's not limited to one region.

But, the cost would be lowered if part of that run was for standard edition physical games. 

So odds are if a CE is planned expect one of the following with regards as to how you'll play the game.

1: There will be a standard physical release alongside the main CE.

2: The CE will contain a DLC code only to get around Microsofts restrictions.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, I was introduced to Sonic when Rivals 2 came and Unleashed was the hypest thing ever so like I didn't know what's a Sonic for nearly half of my life but thanks to a friend, I got my hands on Classic Collection to try out the original games. Granted, i wasn't good at them but once I put enough time to them; I got pretty good. I mean now I just casually play the StealthTax rebuilds of 1 and 2 and I can easily get all the Chaos Emeralds in Emerald Hill with little difficulty. Though it has been a while since I played CD but since I got the Steam version, that'll change soon.

SO yeah, I spent a good amount of time playing through the original 4 games so yeah, I'm pretty excited to see how Mania will hold up compared to them. Though I'm not as excited as everyone else not because I don't get the reason behind the excitement, I very much do but I grew up with watching Sonic X and playing Unleashed so I'm more attached to Modern than Classic; though that doesn't mean I don't like one over the other. I have great love for all 3 styles of Sonic. 

But with the utmost confidence in Whitehead and crew and just how Mania looks already and the fact this is probably the most passionate project for a videe game ever, just gives me the sigh of relief that i won't have to worry about it especially since this is a different SEGA than the SEGA of 2006 or 2014.

56 minutes ago, SSJ Diamond said:

As from someone who didnt grow up with the old games, I am pretty hyped for this game. But im 90% sure i am gonna be horrible at this game.

That is a good thing :)^_^  The original gameplay, overall and especially interacting with the zones, is an ongoing learning process for everyone, no matter how long they have played! 

It is part of why this style of game: the physics, many layers of alternate paths/fully creative zones, unique single and chain reactions, and everything else, have been as missed as they have; it is very much a gift that keeps giving.  The original game engines, and now the Retro engine allow what feels like a four dimensional game in a 2d environment!  The third dimension in this case might be that the movement feels as intuitive and free as moving in real life does; and the fourth is the ability to be immersed in the environment and follow the action often effortlessly.  ^_^  

36 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Well Sega just got an offer of a physical release for the game!

Hah! I'd be more than happy to spend money for a physical copy (although it means shit on Steam)!

I hope the physical copies become a reality! I wonder how the cover would look, though?

I would totally buy the hell out of a collector's edition of Mania, and it would proudly sit next to my full original collection of the classic series of Sonic games that inhabit my collectors shelf. 

I'd be much more likely to purchase a physical copy then something I needed to download. Fact of the matter is that I've always been more comfortable feeling as though I own something when I have the ability to hold it in my hands.

There's always been a sort of cognitive disconnect I've had with the few games I own with which there was no choice but to grab a non-physical copy of. 

I love that they managed to get One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 a PS3 download but boy would it have looked so fine sitting on my shelf. Buying it again when I finally get a PS4 would be useless at this point.

Maybe if I could get my hands on an empty case...

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

Cr2xczOXEAEpVA-.jpg:large

Made a mockup. 

Before someone asks about the heavy Saturn theming:

Cr20BVoXgAAATXN.jpg

DANG IT MAN

I actually thought this was real for a few seconds!

y u gotta get my hopes up like that ;n;

6 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Well Sega just got an offer of a physical release for the game!

SEGA isn't some small indie studio. They should release it themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Marcello said:

SEGA isn't some small indie studio. They should release it themselves.

I would really want them to do that. Apparently, Limited Run Games' stuff becomes rare really fast.

I will buy a digital copy. I will by a physical copy. I will buy a collectors edition. 

This game can take every damn ring I have. 

Also, include the game in a Genesis box in that collectors edition please! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll buy it on PC and then on Android if they ever release it on Google Play.

I'll buy Sonic Mania and then pre-order Sonic Mania 2, 3 and & Knuckles.

Sega must be so happy to see this level of hype :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is the Totinos logo even there? Are these leftover posters from the party, or is there another #StuffedNacho sponsored event happening?

If they give it a physical release it should have a reversible cover. The main cover art is the Japanese pre-Adventure style boxart. But on the other side...?

ASSFACE!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

Why is the Totinos logo even there? Are these leftover posters from the party, or is there another #StuffedNacho sponsored event happening?

It was actually fanmade:

• Thumbs Up 3

Dang, a CE would be insta-buy for me, even if I have to import. A physical copy would already be awesome, but imagine a special edition where the game's case is a SEGA Genesis case (I think Generations had one of these, but it had a t-shirt inside, not the game itself ?). Perhaps even a CE that comes with a cartridge that CAN be used on an actual SEGA Genesis... IMAGINE THAT SHIT. Not with the game, obviously, but maybe with a message or a screen from the devs and SEGA.