Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

21 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

There have been some collision problems and corkscrew issues but by now that stuff should be well beyond fixed.

It would be nigh on impossible for all existing bugs to be addressed by the end of development, let alone several months before release. It's not at all surprising that the odd bug would turn up in demos.

9 minutes ago, Pawn said:

It would be nigh on impossible for all existing bugs to be addressed by the end of development, let alone several months before release. It's not at all surprising that the odd bug would turn up in demos.

I think enough will be fixed for it to be a very miraculous occurrence. Then after launch of course you will have a patch or two perhaps.

8 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

What if Tails and Sonic (with Tails assist) can also make it through at least some of Knuckles routes and also start Mirage Saloon act2 from the other starting area?  Now that would interesting.

I doubt Sonic and Tails can go through the route that's shown through the gif you've presented. I'll bet $10 that that route is meant just for Knuckles. There were walls in Sonic 3 that only Knuckles could break. That same route in the gif might only be able to be broken by Knuckles.

5 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Beautiful. 

Hope there's more animation like this in the game.

We should probably not jinx it. Don't forget how the whole CGi fiasco with Generations went down with the whole trailer/advertisement only gimmick.

I think using things like CGi and animation like Mania's is a total waste of money if it's not even being used in the final product.

• Thumbs Up 2

For now I'm not expecting any of the trailer animation to appear in the actual game, especially due to Tyson's wording on twitter and that it was Aaron who approached him for the idea of making the trailer.

I honestly think there are no cutscenes like that. My bet is that they go S3k style all the way, maybe a CD style intro/ending

Doubt there is going to be animated cutscenes. I can defintally see an animated intro and outro though, and I think 3&K style cutscenes for events and between acts and zones were comfirmed, but if not it's very likely, considering everything taken from Sonic 3

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 style cutscenes would be more than enough...more sprites for specifically non-playable parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah the suspicious hard-boiled heavy animation is why I'm still cautiously optimistic for an in-game animation.  The trailer being done by Tyson put the idea in my head that maybe several artists were collaborating on them, but maybe not.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Yeah the suspicious hard-boiled heavy animation is why I'm still cautiously optimistic for an in-game animation.  The trailer being done by Tyson put the idea in my head that maybe several artists were collaborating on them, but maybe not.

I don't remember what's the source, but I'm pretty sure the game's size has been stated to be around 108mb, so I don't think there's space in there for animated cutscenes. I think the Hard-Boiled Heavy animation is for another trailer, maybe launch trailer?

There's probably room. Sonic CD is 260MB, but you can reliably cut that nearly in half due to there being two soundtracks. 100some MB is twice as much data that Sonic 1 or 2 have. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pre-order complete! Bought the PS4 version, got all the avatars and themes, they're all working fine ?

1 hour ago, Sonikko said:

I don't remember what's the source, but I'm pretty sure the game's size has been stated to be around 108mb, so I don't think there's space in there for animated cutscenes. I think the Hard-Boiled Heavy animation is for another trailer, maybe launch trailer?

Story reveal trailer? Information we have seems to be point to the Mirage Saloon Portrait heavy, the one in the middle of all artwork, and the one in the animation, being the leader. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Story reveal trailer? Information we have seems to be point to the Mirage Saloon Portrait heavy, the one in the middle of all artwork, and the one in the animation, being the leader. 

I was thinking more along the lines of release trailer, something not too deep just to show who the enemies will be. But anything is possible, I'd like a story trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

There's probably room. Sonic CD is 260MB, but you can reliably cut that nearly in half due to there being two soundtracks. 100some MB is twice as much data that Sonic 1 or 2 have. 

For those interested, the US soundtrack is 26.3 MB, and the JP one is 22.4 MB, and they are ogg files. The videos for the intro and endings are 191 MB combined, making up the bulk of the game.

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

The download on Steam for CD is 320MB and once extracted it's actually more than that. I think it went up to about 500MB.

Just now, Joseph Mello said:

So, maybe we are going to see an intro and that's it.

Well... I don't know. Mania's supposed filesize is 108MB, but that's from the pre-order that is usually encripted and compressed. It could be much bigger than that, so if we're around the 200MB mark at least, yeah we could see an intro, maybe an ending video too?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wanted to share this with you guys, an amazing Mania inspired remix.

I REALLY Want Hydrocity to appear in this game!

• Thumbs Up 9

Someone may have a source floating around, but didn't Taxman mention that there was only going to be one more trailer before release? In responce to someone saying they didnt want all the zones etc spoiled before release like Generations. That was before the pre-order trailer, so unless plans changed due to the delay in release that's all we are getting as far as trailers go.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that's all the info we will get, as like with the mystery zone on the licencing pics etc its likely we will have some more bits and pieces drip fed before release through different avenues. But outside a possible release day trailer to grab some extra attention as most games do these days I wouldn't hold out on any between now and then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually REALLY want a water themed stage with loops/corkscrews that act like water slides in a way, to where when you run through them the water just goes "PSSSHHEEEW!!!" behind you.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not so sure Mania's file size is actually gonna be 108 MB. I preordered both Mania and Madden 18 for Xbox one and they were both 108 MB. I mean, M18 was only 108.1 compared to 108.8 for Mania, so maybe it actually is, but I'm thinking it's just a preorder thing

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/31/2017 at 10:46 AM, BlueFlare said:

Stardust Speedway means Metal Sonic race re-imagined, right?!

Oh yeah.

scd-ss-metalsonic2img1.png

Would the Boss be Metal Sonic in Act 1/2? Would there be a rematch while outrunning giant hedgehog eating robot plants?