Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

5 hours ago, Auroxen said:

I don't think this has been discussed a lot, do you think the image they showed at the march panel and the leaked stage image are the same zone?
Imho they are not, the march one has that gear that I don't think would fit with the cathedral design of the leaked one.
Also the march's stage seems a bit snowy to me while the cathedral doesn't seem to have that kind of aesthetic.

If this turns out to be true, then we already kind of know four of the new zones of the game (Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, the gear stage and the cathedral).
This means we either know almost all the new stages, or there are a lot more stages than we thought.

What do you think?

If you're referring to that little "blue pixels" picture from the panel, it's really hard to tell just where that is. It could be a sky themed level or a water themed level or even some kind of technologically themed level, I have no idea. So yes, while we've technically "seen" 4 of the new stages from the game, we've really only seen 2. That said, I'm okay with that. I use to want to see more stages but now that we've made it this far and release date is only a couple months away, I'd rather not know. If we still had another year left, I'd be starved for information but knowing the game releases in August sets my mind at ease that E3 will probably be the last major reveal of any Mania info since the release date is 2 months after that. That may show us either the cathedral zone or the blue pixels zone (yes, that's what I'm calling it now) but I doubt both will be showed off in any meaningful way. 

I'd like to know a zone count as well but thinking about it, I don't know if that's something that's usually done. I think Sonic 4 Ep 1 confirmed it had 4 zones before it released but most of the games I feel like only gave us a vague idea of the number of levels in it. In the past Aaron has said Mania will be about as long as S3&K and that gives me a ballpark figure of how many zones that is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Given how that trailer was finished and uploaded by accident, I wonder what the timing of their announcements will be. E3 is less than two weeks away, and many companies are announcing games this week and next week so they aren't lost in the shuffle, so I wonder if they're planning to officially announce the release date and show off the new level this week. I mean Aaron did say this: 

On 5/24/2017 at 1:22 PM, Gemster312 said:

Got the collectors edition coming in regardless but it's interesting to know the base price.

Gonna buy it for the Switch as soon as that's available.

Sweet! I've totally been waiting to give Sega my money for this. Just purchased it.

Now to play the waiting game...

It's up on Xbox Live as well. Same date, same price. May as well make this official now, the cats are out of the bag. 

Edit: The approx. size of the download is 109MB.

Will check for the Switch version. 

I think it's strange that it says it's only 108.81 MB in size?

I know it's just an indie old-school looking game, but even for that it seems like such a tiny size.

1 minute ago, Gemster312 said:

I think it's strange that it says it's only 108.81 MB in size?

I know it's just an indie old-school looking game, but even for that it seems like such a tiny size.

They must be working some serious compression magic over there. I'm cool with it though; better than taking up a huge chunk of hard drive space like most games tend to now, innit. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Also worth noting the the PSN and MS/Xbox listings are also citing the August 15th release date too. Date's pretty much real now.

Stardust Speedway Past...

Cool.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TAKE MY F*CKING MONEY

HAVE IT ALLLL

THAT ANIMATION 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hype-gif-454.gif

• Thumbs Up 8

Well dang, they actually managed to make me more hype for this than Forces, if only temporarily. That trailer was incredible.

• Thumbs Up 4

PLEASE TELL ME WE ARE GOING TO SEE MORE OF THIS ANIMATION

THE LAST SECOND

I NEED MORE OF THE LAST SECOND

• Thumbs Up 9