Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Aww yeah, customized Egg robo bosses! I love it!

Ending that gameplay footage right before the boss of Green Hill is evil. Evil evil Sega.

And here's the commentary video with Webber and stuff.

And dude, those Heavies look dope as FUUUUUUUCKKKK!

Who would've thought the Egg Robos were going to come back?!

THIS GAME!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks cool. A lot of new stuff within the level making it look a lot more fun to run through.

For some reason I'm reminded of the E-Series robots from Adventure with the Hard Boiled Heavies reveal.

New Eggrobos! Cool. Hohoo me and the other guy called it! I knew it was extremely doubtful it was Metal's leg.

Hmm still wondering what the Eggman boss fights are like in this game... We haven't seen a living lick of him anywhere. But I'm assuming he's in it still.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sonic_mania/b/playstation4/archive/2017/03/10/classic-sonic-with-a-new-spin.aspx

mEJNHEr.png

Ladies and Gentlemen; THE HARD-BOILED HEAVIES.

This is Heavy Gunner, the boss of Studiopolis Act 1.

looks like they changed knuckles route for studiopolis 1. Also, Eggrobo in the Eggmobile. looks like knux gets tricked again.

Seems like we're gonna get some livestream coverage of Mania later today, we're probably going to see more of Green Hill Act 2 and the Heavy Gunner bossfight.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn, that illustration looks straight out of the 90's. EVERYTHING in this game is so beautifully accurate to the classic era! This really is Sonic 4.

The whole Hard-Boiled Heavies thing seems cool. I guess the robot from Mirage Saloon is supposed to be one of them?

Image result for mirage saloon eggrobo

• Thumbs Up 8

As much as I would have loved to see Metal Sonic, I'm not disappointed at all because Heavy Gunner looks like an awesome new villain that fits the visual style of the classics perfectly (as I'm sure the rest of the Heavies will).

As for Green Hill Act 2, wow. The background just looks beautiful, and the mountains are an awesome nod to the early Sonic 1 prototype. Can't wait to hear what the remixed version of the song ends up being like.

Very interesting!  From this, I'm guessing that the Hard-Boiled Heavies will be the minibosses of all the new zones, with original minibosses for the returning zones.  The portrait HBH from Mirage Saloon, judging from his crown motif and more Eggman-like appearance, I imagine is the leader of the HBH unit.

52 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Even more footage of Act 2

Looks fantastic. I like how they incorporated a lot of GH's act 3 design from the original game and the addition of the under water areas. The animation when the fire shield breaks the bridge looks so cool.

mEJNHEr.png

Fucking hell this game is gonna be awesome. What an epic boss fight this looks like!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Who wants some GHZ Act 2 gameplay?

Really digging how the elemental shields affect the environment, but they might want to fix whatever happened at 1:18.

7 hours ago, Gabe said:

The level design overall looks great. Looks very reminiscent of the more open-ended "playground"  designs of Sonic 2 that you IMO don't see much in Sonic 3&K.

Agreed. Based on the gameplay we've seen (and what I played) whilst the stages are clearly vast-reminiscent of the scale of 3&K, the actual level design is more reminiscent of Sonic 2 and Sonic CD. The levels appear very fluid and with lots of places to go fast. There are also loads of mutilple routes often positioned very close together in act2 which is very Sonic CD esque, just like Palmtree Panic.

Also, did you notice there were a lot of enemies close together near the start of act2? This is also reminiscent of Sonic CD's design.

I find the idea of a fusion of Sonic 2 & CD level design fascinating.

The Hard-Boiled Heavies (that name, reference to the Heavy badnik from Chaotix?) also look great, can't wait to see a Studipolis Act 1 boss of that Heavy Gunner in action. Really digging the new artwork in particular, it fits right alongside artwork from the Genesis era. I really hope we'll see more artwork for Mania in that vein from the artist.

You mean the playable character from Chaotix? 

Image result for knuckles chaotix heavy

Yeah it could be a reference to him.

We already knew Tax, Stealth & PWG are putting a massive effort into Mania, but I'm just so impressed with some of the concepts they've come up with.

Mecha & Metal will both appear. Calling it now!

I'm so hyped!

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, TailsBot said:

Mecha & Metal will both appear. Calling it now!

I'm so hyped!

Oooh, could you imagine a DUAL boss fight? Or perhaps the two Sonics merging together into some kind of super-armored Metal Sonic...thing? The possibilities!

45 minutes ago, TailsBot said:

Looks fantastic. I like how they incorporated a lot of GH's act 3 design from the original game and the addition of the under water areas. The animation when the fire shield breaks the bridge looks so cool.

mEJNHEr.png

Fucking hell this game is gonna be awesome. What an epic boss fight this looks like!

OHMYGOD KNUCKLES FIGHTS EGG ROBO

IS THAT A COP EGG ROBO!
WHAT!!!!!!!!!