Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

I remember reading a feature on the Sonic games made by Traveller's Tales back in 2010 (one of the summer issues of the gamestm magazine), and it was joked at the end that Traveller's Tales would gladly do a LEGO Sonic game if SEGA ever felt up for it. Six years later, it seems that the dream might finally come true. And if it does, LEGO Dimensions is officially the greatest game in the world for letting me team up Sonic, Scooby Doo and Peter Venkman.

And people think Aaron Webber has no idea what the next Sonic game is, can we just laugh at those people? Because I'm ready to laugh at them ALL DAY!

• Thumbs Up 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 10:49 AM, Detective Hogfather said:

Well...

Wait... He doesn't deserve a spot due to lack of titles...?

O...kay then...

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Uh guys

https://www.facebook.com/LEGODimensions/

"Looks like Batman’s rolled into something BIG. Come back on Thursday for an exciting announcement "

Sonic confirmed, "rolled" can be nothing else

Uh guys

"Looks like Batman’s rolled into something BIG. Come back on Thursday for an exciting announcement "

10 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Uh guys

I wouldn't jump to that Juuust yet. I mean he did literally roll into that cave. They also emphasised the word "BIG". Don't get me wrong, Sonic in Lego Dimensions is "big" in one sense of the word but depending on the context, it might be more literal than you think.

I can't look at the word "Big" any more without thinking of Big the Cat.  This franchise has ruined a basic adjective for me.

• Thumbs Up 9

40 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Sonic doesn't even roll anymore, it can't be him.

He rolls.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, TimmiT said:

Another report on Sonic coming to LEGO Dimensions: http://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2016/06/07/harry-potter-sonic-adventure-time-coming-lego-dimensions/

Also looks like new sets will be announced on June 9th:

Sonic of course is very exciting BUT

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

I can't wait for Thursday!

4 hours ago, Jango said:

He rolls.

Damn straight,  he still rolls! 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Jovahexeon-Phoenix-Sissel said:

Damn straight,  he still rolls! 

Hey look! It's that Mario game! lmfao

Ah man... I'm interested in seeing Sonic in a Lego game for sure, but my main focus is Fire and Ice and the next main title. I'm actually excited for the next BOOM game in different ways.

Just passing through to post two things from a place I visit. Sticking it in a spoilers thing cuz even though they're pretty small, there's a few images in here. Remember, still the chance this could be fake.

Spoiler

Right so on the dedicated toys board for 4chan (and before I start, yeah I know 4chan's not the most reliable place for this sorta stuff but what I've gotten from there looks kinda real.), these two images were posted. Please excuse the whole "what is this, a leak for ants? quality" to them.

g94dln1.jpgvL0U0je.jpg

Obviously, this would be Sonic's hand holding a ring and Finn from Adventure TIme's backpack "straps" (if you need further proof on that being Finn, the guy posted it with the caption "Grab your friends.", which is a lyric from the show's theme song. These posts were removed about 20 minutes after they got put up, but I managed to track down the images thanks to a archive. Possibly DMCA, I dunno.

Now obviously these can be fake, but with the amount of rumors flying around lately with these reports and such, I feel like these are about a 75/25 atm. That and the poses and such of these characters, if this is true of course, fit into Lego Dimensions' box designs where they have the character in some sort of cool pose with a few advertisements for the pack's contents around the render.

dim-marty.jpg

That... looks nothing like a ring. I think Sonic's coming, but eh... not getting much from those. 

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

That... looks nothing like a ring. I think Sonic's coming, but eh... not getting much from those. 

You're right, it looks like part of a ring. :V

Seriously look closer, it's Sonic's hand holding a ring.

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Timmit's right, it's definitely part of a ring.

4taybq3.png    NYS0mD3.png

Obviously that Sonic's glove holding the ring, with the orange-ish part next to it being his arm (which I guess debunks some people's theories that they were going to make sets based on Boom), and the blue area being the side of his body.

The reason I'm hyped for this is because of possible Sonic and Bionicle crossover material.

The 2000s Reloaded.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can identify the ring shape kinda, but it's the texture; it looks more like lava than a ring. 

Did the leaker give any hint as to where these images came from?

I'm half-anticipating that we'll see the zoomed out version and it will be something COMPLETELY different.

I mean, I do see it, but it's hard to get excited over an image that's zoomed in to the point where it would be easy to make interpretations.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Clewis said:

Timmit's right, it's definitely part of a ring.

4taybq3.png    NYS0mD3.png

Obviously that Sonic's glove holding the ring, with the orange-ish part next to it being his arm (which I guess debunks some people's theories that they were going to make sets based on Boom), and the blue area being the side of his body.

Is it just me, or is there a very faint chequerboard pattern being reflected there? Look just slightly down, left of that black spot on the inside of the ring.

2 hours ago, Joy said:

Is it just me, or is there a very faint chequerboard pattern being reflected there? Look just slightly down, left of that black spot on the inside of the ring.

I think that's just the image compression.