Awoo.

Ducktales (2017)

Mando-Whirl-Wind

1 hour ago, Nix said:

For those of you who didn't know, Disney XD put up the premiere on their Youtube channel a couple of days ago.

I personally thought it was wonderful.  A lot of fun references, good jokes, and the characters here are all pretty on point and interesting when it comes to their relationships with each other.  Like, you can't understand what Donald says 90% of the time, but the emotion comes out pretty clear and you can tell he deeply cares for the safety and well-being of his nephews.  And seeing Scrooge gradually warm up to them throughout the premiere was thoroughly heartwarming.  I also dig the set-up for an overarching story too where we will learn a bit on how Scrooge and Donald became so estranged from each other over the years.

I'll be keeping an eye on this series for sure.

Aaand it says it isn't accesible/can't be shown in my country. <_<

This is the Crunchyroll disease again! I hate it when I can't see the stuff because of licensing mumbo-jumbo, I can appreciate the rules and laws but not the fact people can't at least try to have some effort for both sides to negotiate some stuff.

At least I can watch European music videos from 80's or something...

I find it weird that not understanding Donald is a criticism people have when that's... really his normal voice? I understood it just fine, but maybe I'm just used to Donald talking a lot in games like Kingdom Hearts.

That being said, I definitely enjoyed this! Would highly recommend.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Here's something interesting I read about. You know that scene that was shown in trailers were Donald was having a temper tantrum at his job interview? The girl sitting next to him is a redesigned Roxanne from A Goofy Movie.

• Nice Smile 1

Getting a pretty big Gravity Falls vibe, especially no doubt the

Spoiler

mystery regarding Della Duck will probably result in her not being dead and having a badly soured relation with either Donald, Scrooge or both, only to have to fix things later on due to a world-ending crisis or something.

4 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Getting a pretty big Gravity Falls vibe, especially no doubt the

Reveal hidden contents

mystery regarding Della Duck will probably result in her not being dead and having a badly soured relation with either Donald, Scrooge or both, only to have to fix things later on due to a world-ending crisis or something.

Well, at least she wasn't the one to deliver that kick to "Uncle Scrooge's" back bottom when the family left the overly grumpy Scrooge to celebrate his status as the world's richest duck... :D

In case you've read that Rosa story...

• The title was changed to Ducktales (2017)

Finally watched the pilot, and boy this was a fun watch. Take note Cartoon Network this is how you do an update of an old cartoon.

New advertisement showing some new episode footage. Seems to be an episode where Webby makes a friend with someone and accidentally gets dragged into an adventure, an episode where robots are attacking the boys at school, and another episode featuring the Beagle Boys.

• 3 weeks later...

So Ducktales will resume on September 23rd, and there's some episode names from zap2it:

The Great Dime Chase! and Daytrip of Doom are airing on Sept 23rd

Beagle Birthday Massacare airs on 30th Sept

Tunnel of Terra (fermians) airs on 7th October

Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks airs on 14th Oct

and The House of the Lucky Gander airs on 21st October.

I think Gladstone's coming in the last one!

20 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Tunnel of Terra (fermians) airs on 7th October

My guess is that it's a remake of Earthquack

Both new episodes were utterly brilliant. I laughed harder at Webby raising her spork because she thinks Louie wants her to kill the manager than I have laughed at any joke in a cartoon for several years. Pure, pure gold.

The advancement of the Della plotline in the second episode was also masterful, especially the part where only Dewey could access her archive because of his McDuck blood. Gave a nice explanation as to why Webby knew nothing about Della despite her obsession with the Duck clan.

I'm completely in love with this show now. It's everything I wanted and I can see this becoming huge if it's handled well. Or rather, if it continues to be handled as well as it is at present.

Did anyone notice the list that Gyro had?

• Cogs
  • Armstrong
  • Time-Tub (obtained sentience on the bad list)
  • Robotica
  • Little Bulb

What really got me was the mention of the Cogs because there is something that manages to tie them in with Gyro's inventions:

So yeah, the writers somehow managed to tie in this old discarded story for the long defunct Toontown Online in with the new show, even if it was a throwaway reference with three plots from the old show.

• Nice Smile 1

If you recall my last post, I felt like Ducktales is 'trying to hard' and that first episode was just okay.

I LOVE ep 2 and 3. Comedy improved tremendously and I'm really glad that the Big Mystery thing is moving forward. Now I think I can call myself a fan and I can't wait to see Darkwing appearance.

(The biggest grievance I can think of are villains. They move the plot just fine, but aren't really competent. Even Mama B went down kinda easy. )

The Beagle Birthday Massacre was decent. I liked the chemistry between Webby and Lena and Lena's character design. There's contrast between the two!

But then the ending made me go WHAAAAAT

Spoiler

Lena has some connection to frikken MAGICA DE SPELL!  I can't wait for her to show up!

Just saw the episode (I take back what I said about it being a retread of "The Land Below the Earth") but the irony regarding who is voicing

Magica...

Catherine Tate

So it looks like Donna Noble has turned against the Doctor

• Chuckle 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Soo, it seems DuckTales is coming in here too, though I don't know yet whether or not it's dubbed. Comes out later on this month actually. So I can actually finally see it, yay.

The thing is, our Uncle Scrooge comic book is cancelled in favour of some kind of an ongoing comic tie-in of DuckTales or something (they said they're keeping some old things around so it's basically just an advertisement trick or something). And I'm not too happy about it. Is it really worth it to cancel about 39 years ongoing comic book just to make something that hasn't really even started in here as a TV show, even if the company owning the channel broadcasting the series also owns the licences of duck (and such Disney) comics? I feel kind of annoyed, partly because Uncle Scrooge was the only series printed in more of a thin pocket book format compared to other series that are "regular" "cheap-quality" comic books, that get shred veeery easily if conditions are "right". I most sincerely hope that the form of the now late Scrooge book is kept around, it'll be just waste if they change it into "the shreds-version". It's just annoying as hell when a comic book is ruined and practically unreadable because of some reasons I haven't been told even if I've asked most I've got are some "possible scenario ideas" from people that aren't in charge of the quality in any way. I've asked about some other stuff too but even if they're very polite in the customer service it isn't really helping... As a duck fan it bemuses me how -in a country that's kind of known among some people about the fact here's lots of duck fans out here- it's possible to get plucked and beaten ducks in your mail while you ordered said ducks with their feathers while in healthy forms no less...

Gee, when I ordered Archie Sonic through a shop the issues weren't shred at all, not even a teeny-tiny corner wounds! And it came from a lot more far away than the printed ducks come! That does tell something I think. And this issue hasn't been around for longer than like 1-2 years now even when the quality of the paper has been somewhat same for as long as I can remember... gee.

But hey, new series and a new comic book, kids are bound to love it and buy it, right?

Well, I think they'd read the Scrooge one too with no prob, kids that read duck stuff that is. More casual readers seem to read just Donald Duck so whatever, I dunno if changing name will be a good idea by a long shot.

That and how many of the older fans are going to drop off, I suppose that's one of the reasons they said they'd keep some old stuff around... to please old readers...

Comics industry these days...

• 4 months later...

So we have the next four episode titles (No airdates, but hey, it's SOMETHING in a hiatus):

The Spear of Selene!

Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System! (Judging by the title, guessing this one's a Gyro episode.)

The Missing Links of Moorshire!

McMystery at McDuck Manor!

Why did I bold those last two, you might ask? Well, it's because they actually leaked very recently. Already watched them. The first has a surprise nod to another show that I'm quite fond of and the second...

...touches upon a classic DuckTales character whose absence has been something of a mystery to a lot of fans. It's a pretty neat way to work him in, I've gotta say.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I saw the first 2 episodes the day they aired in here, it was around Christmas.

I also managed to see few more few months ago.

I dunno, it wasn't bad really. But I dunno, I enjoyed the old one more. But then again I enjoy my ducks as in not too modern form anyway. Or if they wanna go modern, they need to do it stronger. When I was younger I did find enjoyment of sorts out of something like Quack Pack after all.

The fact that's most unappealing is how the boys are. They're boring. Boring, I dunno if they're meant to be stereotypical but I find no real enjoyment from their, often pretty arrogant and stupid, acting, Like in that episode, 2nd one probably, where one of the boys was doing all the stupidest mistakes all the time while being pretty nonchalant and oblivious about the damage he did. I dunno, they just don't hit me like this. They aren't saints (which they shouldn't really be in anywhere anyway) in the comics but they don't feel this passive-aggressive and flegmatic to me in the comics.

And what the heck they did to Quackfaster is creepy (referring to that episode in the money bin), too much coffee that morning or what. Though I suppose it was kind of neat that they kept that "Gyro is a paid worker not a part of family" thing some guys find important. I dunno, I think it's nice when people go that route but I won't start a war if someone else feels like doing it the other way.

In here, at least Donald and Scrooge had their old voices, which I consider as a good thing considering those voices are good.

There. Now I've had my peace. I'm somewhat sure I'm not getting back into this thing, not at least anytime soon. I didn't find it that amusing after all.

I guess I'll go back to my "old-school" Duck comics now.

https://www.twitter.com/DuckTales/status/987768055970369538

New promo for episodes coming to Disney Channel starting May 1st! (An episode will be airing EVERY day in May!) By far the best part are the sneak appearances of a certain sky pirate and...a very dangerous talking bobblehead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like a ton of members of the furry fandom are interested in watching it now if Don Karnage is involved.

Considering Disney openly courted the furry fandom to market Zootopia, I do not put it past them that they did this intentionally. He has a strong cult following with furries.

• 3 weeks later...

So the episode "Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System!" aired this past Friday in the states and introduced Gizmoduck. However, if you caught the episode live or were following the show on other outlets, you'd know that the episode's cold opening introduced someone else VERY special:

DW IS BACK, BABEH! (Complete with Jim Cummings reprising him alongside Michael Bell as Quackerjack!) I can't freaking WAIT to see what else they do with him!

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

28 minutes ago, Night Terror CC14 said:

So the episode "Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System!" aired this past Friday in the states and introduced Gizmoduck. However, if you caught the episode live or were following the show on other outlets, you'd know that the episode's cold opening introduced someone else VERY special:

Hide contents

DW IS BACK, BABEH! (Complete with Jim Cummings reprising him alongside Michael Bell as Quackerjack!) I can't freaking WAIT to see what else they do with him!

Spoiler

Probably not much, since it's said to be a TV show within the show's universe.