Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

One thing I do wanna point about the leaks and Rattata is that the leaks said it was going to be Dark type. Maybe I'm just being literal minded about it but they didn't get down the exact typing, being Dark/Normal. So it may or may had not been guess work.

• Thumbs Up 3

Time for the Nintendo 3DS Direct Recap:

Also, here's the Japanese Trailer

Munchlax/Snorlax Event

CrRgoZOUkAAdXT_.jpg:large

You can receive a Munchlax that will evolve into Pulverizing Snorlax with an early purchase of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.

Those who purchase Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon by Wednesday, January 11, 2017, are eligible to receive an early purchase bonus via their Internet connection—a Munchlax that evolves into Pulverizing Snorlax!

This Munchlax is holding a special item called Snorlium Z. By evolving Munchlax into Snorlax and having it hold the Snorlium Z, Snorlax becomes able to use a special Z-Move—Pulverizing Pancake.

Z-Moves are major new Pokémon moves that are used in the Alola region. Trainers send a natural power called Z-Power to their Pokémon to power up their Pokémon moves. Because it requires all the combined power of the Pokémon and its Trainer, a Z-Move can only be used once per battle. However, Z-Moves are considerably more powerful than any previously known Pokémon moves.

There are Z-Moves that can power up each type, and these Z-Moves can be used by any Pokémon. However, some Pokémon can use exceptional Z-Moves that are not available to all Pokémon. The Snorlium Z gifted along with this bonus Munchlax is itself a special item—one that allows Snorlax to use a Z-Move that no other Pokémon can!

The Munchlax you can receive as an early purchase bonus will know the move Hold Back, which it could not normally learn. Hold Back is an attack move that leaves its opponent with just 1 HP. It can reliably weaken an opposing Pokémon, so it comes in handy when you're trying to catch wild Pokémon. Battle with Munchlax a lot and catch lots of Pokémon!

The Munchlax being gifted will also know the move Happy Hour, another move it normally couldn't learn. When you use Happy Hour during a Trainer battle, you'll receive twice as much prize money after the battle. Collect lots of prize money to give yourself an advantage on your adventure!

Look forward to getting a special Munchlax that evolves into Pulverizing Snorlax as a gift for purchasing Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon early after launch.

New Alolan Forms

CrRgdAIUkAA3Zys.jpg:large

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, you'll discover Rattata that are different from the Rattata you've met before. Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata's main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Raticate serve as their bosses.

As a countermeasure to the exploding Rattata population in the Alola region, Yungoos were imported and released. To better avoid Yungoos, Rattata changed their preferred environments and circadian rhythms. These adaptations to their new environment led to their changed form.

Alolan Rattata have an excellent aptitude for sniffing out delicious fresh foods in Alola. They pay no attention to foods that aren't fresh.

Serebii.net also has another detail about Alolan Rattata

Alolan Raticate serve as their boss.

• Thumbs Up 3

Soundtrack been announced, per Serebii:

The Pokémon Sun & Moon Soundtrack has been announced. In Japan, this soundtrack will be released as a CD. It will have 175 tracks, a 24 page booklet as well as a special bonus track that somehow corresponds with the Takara Tomy Z Ring toy. Nothing has been announced for the western version of the soundtrack at this time

• Thumbs Up 1

I just hope they learned their lesson from last time. I wonder about the demo itself.

Anyways kind of off topic but I was talking to my friends about Lunala and turns out Alola Rattata hard counters Lunala by being flat out immune to BOTH its STAB moves. I hope Lunala has something interesting to make it good.

11 hours ago, TCB said:

...It's gonna be X&Y all over again will it.

Strictly speaking I was being unfair, because the only demo version we've had was for ORAS and what happened with that was the main thing it leaked was that there wasn't any more new content waiting to be announced, just Hoopa Unbound.  But because demos are almost always drawn from the main game and have a great deal of main game content locked away inside, the ORAS demo also contained the entire Pokedex, trainer data, trainer images, wild encounter data - just about everything barring the plot (and maybe that too).  A Sun/Moon demo, depending on when it's released, would have the potential to be a spoiler catastrophe.  And some people are speculating that the demo will be the upcoming 6th September announcement...

It really would be a shame if everything was leaked again. It happens all the time, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I feel like a demo isn't really needed for Pokemon games at this point, at least now with the risk of undoing what they've tried to accomplish by Worldwide releases after the Black and White disaster.

48 minutes ago, Conando said:

It really would be a shame if everything was leaked again. It happens all the time, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I feel like a demo isn't really needed for Pokemon games at this point, at least now with the risk of undoing what they've tried to accomplish by Worldwide releases after the Black and White disaster.

Holy crud, I only just remember that fiasco.  I was on Pokebeach and discovered the whole dex was leaked.  Can't recall the dates and I can't recall how it happened, but I do know it was well before the release date.

38 minutes ago, Conando said:

*What they tried to accomplish by worldwide releases but got ruined by UK competition rules. 

I actually kind of agree. I never thought Pokemon as the type of game that needed a demo. They're largely all the same with new bells and whistles, which of those are always shown as pre-release hype material to ensure they're actually something different about this game than the last haha. I understand letting people have their hands on it probably helps seal the deal that they want to buy it, but still I think it's a little redundant. There's half of me that does hope they learned from last time and don't leave crazy information in the demo for people to nab, but on the other I've also never really been the type to need spoilers hidden for me in Pokemon games. I'm largely there to see the new Pokemon, what they are, where to find them/etc to try and make a game plan for my team I want along the journey. Most plots are painfully predictable and there's not really much to spoil other than maybe what's the E4's pokemon line up lmao.

So yeah that said I actually wouldn't mind if the entire Pokedex or something got leaked. While the trickle feed of seeing new Pokemon every 2 weeks or so is fun (and am grateful at how much info we're getting this time around), getting a full blast of the rest wouldn't be half bad as we're only a month or so out anyway. Plus it seems like a lot of resources went into new Alohan forms anyway so we'll see how many actual new Pokemon are left

• Thumbs Up 1

The kind of demos I actually prefer are those special kiosk 'demos' of the game that are much more introductory than what ORAS gave us personally. Like the Ruby Space World 2003 demo or the DP demos. 

I'll probably get the demo if there's an incentive to get it like for ORAS. Demos for Pokémon are pointless, but despite that, it's still an exciting feeling to try a bit of the game out shortly before it releases

New English trailer: Ultra Beasts and the Aether Foundation debut

From Serebii:

In The Games Department

Pokémon Sun & Moon

The latest Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer has been released. This trailer reveals more new Pokémon and gameplay mechanics. This reveals the Ultra Beasts including one called Type: Null with the ability Battle Armor
The next is Dragon type Jangmo-o with the abilities Bulletproof and Soundproof.
Alolan Raticate was also revealed. It too is Dark/Normal-type with the abilities Gluttony and Hustle
It also revealed that Sun & Moon are 12 hours apart, shwoing that Totems of Gumshoos and Alolan Raticate vary based on time.
Next it also announces the Aether Foundation, led by Lusamine who run the Aether Island. Aether's Branch Chief is Faba and Wicke. They face against Team Skull, who also have an enforcer named Gladion
You also have to look for Zygarde Cells which get sucked into the cube. With the PokéFinder, you can also take photos of Pokémon
Finally there's an Ultra Beast called UB-01

• Thumbs Up 4

I honestly don't understand what I just watched.

Type: Null?

12 hour difference? Is the real-time clock gone?

Ultra Beasts?

UB-01?

I don't even know where to start on this one.  There's just so much going on, and a lot of it's pretty weird.

The games being set twelve hours apart, so important events happen at different times and can influence the Pokemon in particular situations, is definitely an interesting touch.  It's also kind of a strange touch, given that there's presumably a proper day/night system in the game.  Or is there?  Could the game have forced time progression, in certain areas or everywhere?

The Aether Foundation seem mega suspicious.  I wonder if there could be a Team Magma/Aqua situation going on between them and Team Skull?  There's also a certain resemblance between the Aether Foundation president, Lusamine, and Kakui's assistant Lillie...

Not sure how to feel about Pokemon with names like Type: Null (wha?) and UB-01.  But I guess Pokemon names are simply names given to them by humans...

Alolan Dragonite is implicitly deconfirmed.  Also, the Zygarde Cube is clearly going to be involved in how your form of Zygarde is determined.

• Thumbs Up 3

Er... call me an imbecile, but I hardly have any idea what the hell all that was shown really means...  Are Ultra Beasts even Pokémon any more?  Don't get me wrong, they look awesome, but they're really confusing.

Jangmo-o

Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior, although it remains humble about its capabilities. In its pursuit to become stronger, it never neglects its training.

Because Jangmo-o uses the scales on its head for both offense and defense, it never turns its back to its enemies. Many Trainers see this behavior and take it as proof that Jangmo-o is a valiant Pokémon.

Jangmo-o gather in harsh locales like canyons, where no other people or Pokémon are around, to live together as they train.

Type: Null

This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.

Alolan Raticate

Because urban areas are their main habitat, their diet is higher in calories than ordinary Raticate. As a result, they have become hefty.

Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes.

Alolan Raticate continually stockpile huge amounts of food in their nests. They mostly prefer to send out Alolan Rattata to gather food while they themselves stay home in their nests and just eat.

Alolan Raticate is the Totem Pokémon of the trial that takes place in Verdant Cavern on Melemele Island in Pokémon Moon.* It summons Rattata to help it confront those who take on the trial.

*Gumshoos appears as the Totem Pokémon in Verdant Cavern in Pokémon Sun.

Ultra Beasts

A mysterious presence threatens the Alola region—Ultra Beasts!
In the Alola region, rumors are flying about mysterious creatures known as Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.

It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts.

According to rumor, multiple Ultra Beasts exist, each of them called by a code name.

UB-01

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Aether Foundation

The Aether Foundation works in the Alola region. The foundation’s goal is to care for Pokémon that have been hurt.

The Aether Foundation has constructed an artificial island called Aether Paradise. There, they not only provide shelter for Pokémon, but also conduct various research projects. It seems that the main character will also be able to visit Aether Paradise during the adventure.

Lusamine
The lovely Lusamine functions as the Aether Foundation’s president.

Faba
The Aether Foundation branch chief sports green sunglasses. They’re his signature accessory! He seems very proud of his position as branch chief.

Wicke
The assistant branch chief of Aether Paradise has a caring personality, so she’s loved by all the Aether Foundation employees

Employees of the Aether Foundation
The employees of the Aether Foundation shelter and care for Pokémon. Their uniforms appear to depend on which division they belong to.

Gladion

This young man lends his strength to Team Skull as an enforcer. He places a high value on being strong in Pokémon battles. His partner Pokémon is the mysterious Type: Null.

• Thumbs Up 3

Alolan Raticate TOTALLY looks like it should have that cliche "Make you an offer you can't refuse" mafioso voice while simultaneously downing a plate of spaghetti. XD 

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, after gauging things a little better, I can guess that Ultra Beasts are not natural and more synthetic hybrids created by the Aether Foundation.  Speaking of which, I'm suspecting that maybe Team Skull are actually red herring villains in the story.  Would be really cool if they did that.

Geez, just when I start getting to grips with how this is going to play out, they deliver yet another curve ball...

Type: Null? Is Square Enix working on this or something?

Is it an Ultra Beast? Neither the description nor the trailer refer to it as one.

Uh. yeah about Ultra Beasts:

A mysterious presence threatens the Alola region—Ultra Beasts!

In the Alola region, rumors are flying about mysterious creatures known as Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.

It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts.

According to rumor, multiple Ultra Beasts exist, each of them called by a code name.

So that's what UB-01 is...man they're going all out with this huh.

4 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Okay, after gauging things a little better, I can guess that Ultra Beasts are not natural and more synthetic hybrids created by the Aether Foundation.  Speaking of which, I'm suspecting that maybe Team Skull are actually red herring villains in the story.  Would be really cool if they did that.

Geez, just when I start getting to grips with how this is going to play out, they deliver yet another curve ball...

Yeah, I'm thinking Team Skull are just small time criminals you go against during the game until it turns out that the Aether Foundation is actually evil and responsible for the Ultra Beasts and Type: Null.

I wonder if Ultra Beasts are human clones split with Pokémon genes or something. UB-01 says it moves like a young girl and design-wise it kind of reminds me of Lillie. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, TCB said:

Uh. yeah about Ultra Beasts:

So that's what UB-01 is...man they're going all out with this huh.

it seems to be a bit of a homage to Evangelion!  The way it appears/materializes or something in the final part of this trailer from Japan has a similar mood to it! 

• Thumbs Up 1