Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Spoiler

>My favorite Pokemon finally becomes relevant again instead of its vastly-inferior-but-more-marketable pre-evo's

tumblr_mzbesmFR5N1rfejkno1_500.gif

Sun/Moon already confirmed best Gen.

Can't wait for the inevitable anime episode where Ash's Pikachu faces one and rehashes Electric Shock Showdown again.

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Webm of one of the leaked Pokemon and it's ability:

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1470863160632.webm

I still don't get it. :-/

My guess is that Wishiwashi gets a tremendous stat boost from Schooling, larger than any other stat increase gained from evolution before.

But in exchange, as its HP goes down, its stats start to drop, to replicate a school of fish being scared and breaking apart. And recovery moves likely won't revert the stats back.

It's like if Defeatist was applied on all stats, or if Eruption and Water Spout were converted into a Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to be the hasty one and say they're legit.  If they're fake then GameFreak should hire the people responsible.

The little mushroom is adorable and surfing Raichu is rad.  Wishiwashi's the kind of punny name I can appreciate, but Pyukumaku?  Couldn't think of something snappier?

5 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Hide contents

My guess is that Wishiwashi gets a tremendous stat boost from Schooling, larger than any other stat increase gained from evolution before.

But in exchange, as its HP goes down, its stats start to drop, to replicate a school of fish being scared and breaking apart. And recovery moves likely won't revert the stats back.

It's like if Defeatist was applied on all stats, or if Eruption and Water Spout were converted into a Pokemon.

Spoiler

It says it happens at a certain level, so would that mean it activates at the start of every battle, though. Like an automatic Mega Evolution.

Also, saw this and thought it was neat:

Spoiler

mrYNwKu.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

It says it happens at a certain level, so would that mean it activates at the start of every battle, though. Like an automatic Mega Evolution.

So it would function just like Eruption and Water Spout would at the beginning of battle anyway. The current HP percentage dictates how large or small the other stats are for Wishiwashi.

They'd just include a line of code to make sure the stats do not increase upon using a recovery move in the same battle.

Spoiler

Here I thought I'll never see the day Game Freak ever gave a damn about Raichu. But here we are.

Also, can I jus day the new Alohan Pokemon has got to be the most exotic group of creatures this series has received since Gen 3? Its location of source is really bringing out those creative juices of Game Freak that seem to have been lost somewhat along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it strange that the fact that the update videos have been seeing legitimate leaks actually makes me more suspicious of the text leaks?  Combined with the anime concept art leak, I feel like all the confirmed legitimate leaks have had something solid to show for themselves rather than just being plain text which anyone could write.  ...On a separate note, GameFreak and/or Nintendo really need to do a better job of plugging these leaks, because that's twice now that the update videos have been leaked in bits and pieces a couple of days in advance.

Spoiler

Raichu getting special treatment for once!? That is honestly crazy!

Oh and Morelull is alright. Something I personally won't use.

I honestly thought the leaks were fake but the fact we got footage adds more weight to them.

Spoiler

Cph-doVWAAAZyf8.jpg

and here's how the team skull female grunts will look like 

• Thumbs Up 6

Spoiler

Team Skull so far looks like a bunch of punk/gangster rejects at the moment...yet they're still oddly appealing in a weird way. Kinda wonder how they're going to be seen a threat through the game, assuming they don't go anime Team Rocket with them and have them being ineffectual sympathetic villains or something.

Spoiler

Guzma's design is so...I would say "unconventional" for an evil team leader I'm more inclined to like it even more.

Also more screens:

Spoiler

Alolan-Marowak.jpg

Team-Skull.jpg

And holy craaaap I love Plumeria's design so muuuuch 

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

I'm loving Wishiwashi and I'm really happy about the new form for Raichu, it's one of my favorite Pokes (though I love its pre-evolved forms too). Surfing on its tail like in Pokemon Stadium...very cool. Maybe the way they'll keep normal Pikachu but have a new Raichu is through making Thunder Stones not available and making it evolve with a different stone, or maybe it will just evolve normally but become an Alolan Raichu instead of a normal one when evolved in the Alola games. Or maybe they're just saving the Alolan Pikachu for later, you never know.

I'm not going to lie, I honestly am not a fan of Plumeria's design at all, yet another overdone, silly-looking human design that Pokemon has been way too fond of lately.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:
  Hide contents

I'm loving Wishiwashi and I'm really happy about the new form for Raichu, it's one of my favorite Pokes (though I love its pre-evolved forms too). Surfing on its tail like in Pokemon Stadium...very cool. Maybe the way they'll keep normal Pikachu but have a new Raichu is through making Thunder Stones not available and making it evolve with a different stone, or maybe it will just evolve normally but become an Alolan Raichu instead of a normal one when evolved in the Alola games. Or maybe they're just saving the Alolan Pikachu for later, you never know.

I'm not going to lie, I honestly am not a fan of Plumeria's design at all, yet another overdone, silly-looking human design that Pokemon has been way too fond of lately.

Spoiler

I honestly like her, and the rest of Team Skull's design for that reason and how the overal vibe of this Generation has been sending lol. I think for the confines of where this region is and everything I think it works. I mean with the characters we've seen thus far, having such radically colorful assortment of character designs actually promotes Alola more than takes away from it in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

>get schooled by Wishiwashi

>Team Skull has a bone to pick with you

Nintendo, pls, stahp.

• Thumbs Up 1

Electric rats in spoiler

https://my.mixtape.moe/flcqsa.mp4

It still feels so unreal... The ability is pretty much electric swift swim but any kind of love for Raichu feels so weird nowadays, I was just talking with someone last night about how ignored the guy was.

Also, wishiwashi is the coolest mon this gen so far.

• Thumbs Up 5

Spoiler

Something I find pretty surprising is that Pikachu itself appears to be unchanged since in all video footage that's featured it so far it looks the same as every other Pikachu that's been available before. It makes me wonder if it'll finally be possible to teach Pikachu Surf naturally and, if Pikachu knows that move, then it will evolve into the Alolan variant with a Thunder Stone or it will become a regular Raichu if it doesn't know it.

I like the Pikachu line a lot, and it's a very pleasant surprise to see Raichu get something new to stand out, and in such a cool way to boot!

I swear, most of my Sun/Moon team is looking to be made up of Alolan forms.

Huh, well look at that. They finally found a way to make Raichu look cute and useful. I just might actually use my evolved Pikachu for once instead of boxing it and keeping a Pika in my party. Maybe. It depends. ¦D

Spoiler

Footage of Team Skull in action!

Spoiler

tumblr_n1kuslWb4M1sfeoupo1_500.gif

This is seriously the first thing I've thought when I saw the female grunts.

• Thumbs Up 3