Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

11 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Why is it necessary to make a distinction? It's just Sonic's 25th birthday.

It's not.

I'm all for Modern Sonic toy representation myself, but this is how the business works when it comes to anniversary marketing. The focus is put on a franchise's origins, not the brand as a whole

• Thumbs Up 4

Uh, you guys know that some modern merchandise is still slated for release this year right? GE Animation have got a bunch of plushes lined up to be released in the near future, and it's also due to annouce others. Plus there's that one book that was supposed to be released in 2014 that's now down for this year, that might be a thing. 

On 2/21/2016 at 5:48 PM, Chris Knopps said:

^ quote glitch -_-

17 hours ago, expansivelovestories said:

It seems that we are possibly one day away from an announcement!!  :D:)

maybe not, but i remember that a February announcement seemed possible; one of the findings here was also that 3+21+4+1 adds up to 29 which is LEAP DAY (29th) which i think the name of the day also seems to make sense for various reasons! 

^___________^  :0 

i'm not sure what the announcement would be per se, but still it is nice to know it might be really soon!! ! !! !

I thought the announcement was about that new classic Sonic comic, wasn't it?

1 hour ago, Dashman said:

It may have been! Though, it was not really in the form of an announcement from SEGA/Sonic, rather from Archie.  They did give very positive mention in showing and linking to it, so i think theoretically it could have actually been!

I am somewhat over connecting Sonic and the word "leap" , but they have covered many other holidays and unique days over time..!  Also waiting until the last day of the month, especially one that does not normally happen, is very suspenseful! 

1 hour ago, WakanoBaka said:

I'm back, any news? Sonic comic being announced? What price you guys think it's going for?

Patience, Waka

Nothing has been announced yet

9 hours ago, WakanoBaka said:

I'm back, any news? Sonic comic being announced? What price you guys think it's going for?

You've only been away from this thread since 2/27..... do you think they are going to announce any Sonic news in a 2 day time span?

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, WakanoBaka, who do you think you are? Ferno?

18 hours ago, Dashman said:

^ quote glitch -_-

If the date was actually 2/29, then it wouldn't be as it was announced prior to the 29th. 

18 hours ago, DarkLight said:

Which would be the name of the comic.

What would?

I have a idea for you guys to dicuss,  what do you guys think the first trailer for the 25th annversity will be like?

I'm expecting a thirty second CGI trailer that does nothing much beyond let you know the game exists, and maybe gives you an idea of the concept.

If we're talking teasers, I don't really have any preferences or expectations on what to expect. As long as they don't push out a bunch of classic motifs that don't have anything to do with the actual game in question, I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Similarly, if we're talking gameplay trailers, we're fine as long as they don't show just three seconds of actual gameplay footage...

I'd expect a short teaser trailer (with at most minimal gameplay) to generate hype, and no more than 2 weeks later a detailed press release with screenshots and perhaps another slightly more detailed trailer with a basic premise on the story and gameplay mechanics.

Or they could just show us concept art of a tree.

• Thumbs Up 5

10 minutes ago, Mikgenes said:

Hey! Sega released a detailed survey on their games, you might want to take a look at it :)

SPACE HARRIER, BORDER BREAK, VIRTUAL ON, PUYO

THEY REMEMBERED 

Anyway I basically used half my answers to subtly say "get SEGA Europe to stop being twats and localise stuff," so that was fun. Glad to see them taking note of so many franchises though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's funny now they didn't mention SSMB, but I guess we aren't an official Sega forum. Nonetheless it was funny to see people complaining on that:

a391b076f3faf65b5bc1013ecc47ad5a.png

5 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Ristar is missing from the What SEGA Games You've Played part. :-/

Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird. All I had left to check without Ristar was Sonic and NiGHTS.

Anyway, I thought that was pretty fun.

It's always awkward being basically a Sonic-only on a general Sega survey. Like, you realize I'm only here because of the elephant in the room right? The one you put on your banner advertising the survey? Yeeeeaaaah. Because hell, it's not like I'm getting a Virtua Cop, Alien Storm, or Streets of Rage sequel anytime soon anyway. I've got nothing left, you bastards.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird. All I had left to check without Ristar was Sonic and NiGHTS.

Anyway, I that was pretty fun.

I checked off a lot, which I regret, because now it's asking me what I liked about those games >_<

• Thumbs Up 2

On the question asking you which Sega franchises you've played, House of the Dead is listed twice. Once as just House of the Dead, and the other as The House of the Dead. Now I don't know a whole lot about Sega, but I'm pretty sure there's just one franchise.

I have faith in this survey to enact positive change.

Edit: I got to the question where they're asking me what I liked the most about each franchise.... *opens a Word Doc for Sonic*

• Thumbs Up 7

I wonder if you can send tears electronically for that part. I have things to say about Puyo and localization. 

• Thumbs Up 5