Awoo.

Nintendo plans for anime and movies are "progressing"

Klinsy

You know what I want that'll probably never happen?

A faithful anime/OVA adaption for the original Paper Mario game and/or Thousand Year Door. The Mario and Luigi games would make great cartoons, too!

• Thumbs Up 3

Or they can do Star Fox in the style of Thunderbirds, which was Miyamoto's intention with the original chracter designs

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_o16l5lNwe41um0dico1_400.png

Hmm, I just had a cool idea, what if Nintendo takes the Marvel route and gets a film studio themselves?

I would love to see how they can take on the world of TV and Movies themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want a Super Paper Mario anime so bad please Nintendo please

I'd say a movie, but there's too much dialogue for that, you know? An anime with 9 (maybe 10, depending) episodes, with each episode except the first one starting with a memory flashback.

You know, after watching bits of the Animal Crossing anime movie, I'd love to have a full slice-of-life Animal Crossing anime series. It'll be a good way to cool off after a rough day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Animal Crossing would work great as a slice of life tv show. The movie did a good job, but I think a proper two cour series suits it more.

Oh, and a Splatoon anime would be the shit! Maybe make it a bunch of five minute shorts about Callie, Marie and co?

• 2 months later...

So, this is probably posted in the Star Fox Zero topic, but I thought I might as well post it here since it might be the first result of this news.

So, it seems we're getting shorts at least as far as anime go, I'd prefer full series, but it's good to start out small.

Personally I'm 100% sure Mario won't get any show any time soon. He's too precious for Nintendo.

Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, DK are all in the "doubt it , but who knows" category. If anything it's going to be Kid Icarus or Star Fox, franchises with actual voice actors, popular, but not as important as "Sacred Six" (Pokemon and previously mentioned series).

But most realistically, it's going to be few shorts like those in Uprising and nothing more. Nintendo is more afraid of taking risks, then Capcom of making new Megaman game.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for a new Mario show, even though I think in this day and age it would probably be easier than ever to make something of quality that captures the integrity of the actual games.  They don't want to risk another Super Mario Bros. movie, which is understandable, I guess.

But I was very blown away with that Star Fox animated short.  Makes me long for an anime or at least an OVA.  I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/07/20/detective-pikachu-live-action-movie-coming-from-legendary-pictures

Welp, Legendary Pictures has the rights to Pokemon movies and their first move is a Detective Pikachu film.

Danny DeVito as Pikachu please

This is a strange move, making a movie out of a game that only recently came out. However, I am intrigued.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://deadline.com/2016/11/detective-pikachu-pokemon-rob-letterman-to-direct-legendary-1201862346/

So, we now have a director for the Detective Pikachu film, Rob Letterman, who has so far helmed Shark Tale, Monsters vs Aliens, Gulliver's Travels and most recently, Goosebumps.

It's also confirmed that Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls) and Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy) will write the script.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alex Hirsch writing for this?! Oh man that is awesome!

Anywho, you know what else would be good? A Mischief Makers anime! Eh? Ehhh?

Really? I'm the only one who remembers that game?!

Joking aside, though we are talking about animes and movies, I like a Mario comic series. Shame Nintendo said no to Archie. A series would be like Mariocomic.com which felt like an Archie book. Shame the fancomic is dead now.

• 7 months later...

>Nintendo's making a new anime

MlHLvMD.png

>It's Splatoon

UaNOqRz.png

>I T ' S   B A S E D   O N   T H E   M A N G A

fgHbMOi.png

>It's not being aired on TV, it's just a web series

ePrgoV3.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, with TV being the way it is now, a web series might just be the way to go with this kind of concept.   Nintendo (presumably) gets full creative freedom, so they don't have to fight with the network or the odd creative choices of the licensors.  Which (again, only in theory) means no unnecessary redesigns or changes in setting.  So I'm looking forward to this.

• 4 weeks later...

Everybody get up, it's time to splat now.

DGZW_fCVwAE0659.jpg

This comes CoroCoro's Twitter and as you might remember, this is coming tomorrow!

Wow, this looks pretty cool!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, recently, artwork for the Choose Your Legends heroes for Fire Emblem Heroes was released

On the art of Lucina, there is something interesting written on her lance:

9uqoyd3cxliz.png

A Fire Emblem anime, I guess that's what people expected sooner or later.

• 1 month later...