Awoo.

The 90's Nicktoons Crossover Movie (Rumor but likely Real)

Ryannumber1gamer

What does that have to do with this? You said above that MM is a go, but made it sound like that was more definitely happening than this, even though both came from the same source.

No. You both started into a whole rant onto the MM movie and stated that there was no proof towards it. I said there was a whole topic for discussing the movie and you both still kept going on about the MM movie, so I did a post saying that yes, I can't prove the source is credible, but you can't prove it's not credible either, and the fact that it's well known enough for several news sites to do articles on it. I haven't said it's happening one way or another. I'm going by the facts we know right now. And if it bares repeating.

It's the same site that broke the MM news, both as exclusives, so wouldn't they be equally likely without an actual announcement right now?

I hope you do realize that both websites still site tracking board as their source right? Like Ive said news like this feels as if it's something that the companies would announce or at the very least comment on these types of articles. There's nothing saying that they could be right or wrong be skepticism should still be there for now. The nick thing seems more likely to be real as we've discussed in another thread nick is opened to new ideas and it was recently reported that they're looking to revive 90's cartoons. With Mega Man it could probably lead nowhere since Capcom has had a track record of announcing movies based off their franchises and they have never gone anywhere with it. Another thing with the Mega Man movie is that they've already announced that a TV show is in development and they have a deadline in 2017 but it's strange that something as big as a movie they have been quiet about. One more thing how reliable is tracking board anyways?

Anyway, I'm going to agree that we should move any discussion regarding the Mega Man movie and the rumor's validity in the actual Mega Man movie topic.  So let's get back nostalgia pandering Nick Toons now.  WUGWATS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm... I gotta say I'm not sure how I feel about this at the moment. A lot of my childhood was spent watching Nickelodeon. Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy... I could go on and on. I would always make stories in my head about these shows crossing over as a child, but kind of lost interest by the time Nicktoons Unite came to be.

As of now... It'll be nice to see Nickelodeon doing things with their old properties, seeing as how they don't really do much with them outside of video game crossover... But at the same time, I've lost a lot of faith in Nickelodeon over the years, their shows ranging from crap to meh IMO. I'm really wondering if some, if any, will come in to help with the movie, even a little bit.

Hm. I dunno. I guess we'll just see.

All the 90's Nick cartoons that aren't classic Spongebob I've either never seen or stopped caring about years ago. Will pass if this is real.

Does Disney still own Doug who pretty much left it to rot in their cellar of failed shows and ideas? 

I'm not so much a fan of the show (probably nobody else here) but I found it odd as to why Disney went out of their way to purchase the rights and overhauling it which began the ruination of the show. Was it that popular that they decided to snatch it from Nickelodeon or was it because their own animation lineup at the time was less-than-stellar (DTA shows in the late 1990s became the most unimaginative and uninspired things on TV at the time). 

Disney were pretty much killing themselves in the late 90s/early 2000s with the decisions they made. 

Edited by CrashRatchetFan

If Doug's going to be in the movie, Viacon will need to get the rights from Disney, considering that everything that happened after the old show was moved to Disney-owned ABC and Toon Disney.  And it would be a bit interesting to delve into the shared Klasy-Csupo universe (Rugrats, Wild Thornberries, AAaaah!  Real Monsters) one more time.

And mayhaps we can reunited Kricfalusi and West to voice Ren and Stimpy again, even if they were last voiced by big-name actors like Chris Edgerly and Eric Bauza

live-action/animation hybrid

I'm skeptical, but it's a wait and see on how this plays out. Then again, I love crossovers, so I'm interested in seeing as to how that aspect will turn out.

And mayhaps we can reunited Kricfalusi and West to voice Ren and Stimpy again, even if they were last voiced by big-name actors like Chris Edgerly and Eric Bauza

Billy West wouldn't even consider donating a kidney to John K. if his life depended on it, let alone being reunited again. 

Edited by CrashRatchetFan

And mayhaps we can reunited Kricfalusi and West to voice Ren and Stimpy again, even if they were last voiced by big-name actors like Chris Edgerly and Eric Bauza

As awesome as that would be, I doubt that would ever happen. IIRC, Billy West hated working with John K, and has gone on to say that he did not want to work with him.