Awoo.

Sega's Secret Sonic Bible that we'll probably never see "TO MARS!"

Badnik Mechanic

Oh God... oh God... Oh God...

Right this source is from /v/ but... it pre-dates this topic, the post on retro and Aaron Webber's interview. 

It was posted on June 25th 2015 and matches a bunch of stuff posted by all these other sources since then...

Here you go...

The Internal Sonic Bible at SEGA has some notes in it. For example, only male hedgehogs are allowed to have super forms now, effectively killing off Super Knuckles.

Super Emeralds are non-canon, as are the Hyper forms.

Also, when making a game, you have to choose to either set it in Sonic's world (without people) or on "Earth" (with people.) Mobius is an official thing in Sonic's universe, but it is not the name of the world itself. It's actually the Sonic universe's equivalent to Mars.

I can dump a whole lot more info, but cannot provide scans. These shits are ID numbered to track leaks.

Ohhhh kaaaaayyyyyy .... So... The Sonic World is basically Mars. 

https://archive.moe/v/thread/300121994/#q300131805 (if the direct link doesn't work (CTRL + F "Bible")

It matches up with what Gene posted on Retro, what Iizuka has said, and it pre-dates Ruby's interview about the two worlds thing and goes into some more detail on it.

Pack Yo Bags SSMB, lets go... TO MARS!

• Thumbs Up 1

... So, I guess this makes Sonic a Blue Martian. Sonic x Martian Manhunter confirmed?

So are there two planets in the same universe, or are there two Earths separated by some bullshit fourth dimensional gate?

Make up your mind which batshit insane theory is canon.

• Thumbs Up 8

I remember seeing that Somewhere on one of Indingo Rush's thread (Theories about the sonic franchisr or something like that). 

Yes, actually

Indingho ate your theory

game theory

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/18203-dr-crusher-presents-the-30-days-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-sponsored-by-powerverte-fin-page-150/?do=findComment&comment=872445

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhhh kaaaaayyyyyy .... So... The Sonic World is basically Mars. 

Uh, what? Unless I'm misreading something, that's not what it says at all. It's saying that Mars is to Earth as Mobius is to Sonic's World.

• Thumbs Up 2

Chaos Emeralds. Blaze uses her Sol Emeralds to go to Sonic's World, no?

You guys wanted a batshit insane theory, here's one. (Not that I agree with this)

Uh, what? Unless I'm misreading something, that's not what it says at all. It's saying that Mars is to Earth as Mobius is to Sonic's World.

Mobius is an official thing in Sonic's universe, but it is not the name of the world itself. It's actually the Sonic universe's equivalent to Mars.

What you are complaining about is a videogame Design Document, these are things which are made before a game is created and focus on gameplay and various other parts of how the game will work and play.

That is NOT what this is.

In otherwords, the Sonic Bible has no gameplay documentation(that we know of at least) then yeah. I see no reason why something consider a bloody bible would separate character designs from gameplay outside of outright incompetence. And again, this is the Sonic Franchise which has a problem with sticking formula. A problem it's had since...Sonic Heroes I believe.

Again, if you're gaming bible doesn't include any GAMEPLAY rules then yeah, that's going to make your games suck. 

Edit: Saw the Mars bit...I'm not surprised.

Edited by They lie

Sonic's world is another planet...equivalent to Mars.

That is so dumb.

Either have Sonic games take place on a mysterious planet named Mobius which has no connection to Earth, or make them take place on Earth.

Seriously. Isn't that the way it's always been?! The former in the Western continuity, the latter in the original Japanese version?! I mean really?! What the heck is this?

I just...I can't even...this is so stupid. It makes no sense.

If this stuff is true, apparently you can't tell much about the universe Sonic inhabits by actually playing the games or even reading the manuals, because the actual truth is completely unsupported by what has been established in media the public can actually see!

I'm just...I'm so done. SO done. I'm not going to listen to what's supposed to be "canon", I'm going to go with what's actually in the games and base my conclusions about Sonic's world from that. I'll probably feel much happier that way. Right now, I feel a combination of being lied to and feeling like Sega doesn't actually care about their own continuity, and that's not a good feeling.

You got my support there, MDS.

So...

Did this lay the groundwork for that dual-planet concept?

The "Ancient Babylonians" were the descendants of aliens. Y'know, the anthropomorphic birds. No reason why you couldn't lump in hedgehogs, foxes and the like with that as well. 

29wqs7q.jpg
The answer to everything

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 7

...yeah I'm still reading this like I said before. "Mobius" is a thing that exists in Sonic's universe. It is the Sonic universe equivalent of Mars, the barren planet that no one lives on, as opposed to the equivalent of Earth, which is where Sonic and co are from.

• Thumbs Up 2

Again, if you're gaming bible doesn't include any GAMEPLAY rules then yeah, that's going to make your games suck. 

Please explain why you would put Gameplay/technical details in a document which is about aesthetics?

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess the silver lining is that despite still being completely unsupported by literally everything that has ever been seen or read in the games themselves, this at least makes a tiny bit more sense? I mean, we don't need to ask questions about the physics and logic involved in universe hopping, or whether or not there were two incarnations of each character under the assumption that gate hopping was unheard of/impossible. We just need to ask questions about how and why they're planet-hopping instead.

It actually still makes no sense. Are there two Angel Islands? Two sets of Chaos and Master Emeralds? Why wouldn't Eggman chain these planets together in Colors anyway since surely the Mobius planet is closer than fucking Yacker's? Which specific individual thought this was a good idea and why did no one on Sonic Team catch it?

• Thumbs Up 7

Why wouldn't Eggman chain these planets together in Colors anyway since surely the Mobius planet is closer than fucking Yacker's? 

Presumably "Mobius" doesn't have a bunch of little supercharged aliens on it.

I guess the silver lining is that despite still being completely unsupported by literally everything that has ever been seen or read in the games themselves, this at least makes a tiny bit more sense? I mean, we don't need to ask questions about the physics and logic involved in universe hopping, or whether or not there were two incarnations of each character under the assumption that gate hopping was unheard of/impossible. We just need to ask questions about how and why they're planet-hopping instead.

It actually still makes no sense. Are there two Angel Islands? Two sets of Chaos and Master Emeralds? Why wouldn't Eggman chain these planets together in Colors anyway since surely the Mobius planet is closer than fucking Yacker's? Which specific individual thought this was a good idea and why did no one on Sonic Team catch it?

My guess? They just had this "Two planets" idea out of fucking nowhere. MDS is right, we better stick with what the games shown us.

...yeah I'm still reading this like I said before. "Mobius" is a thing that exists in Sonic's universe. It is the Sonic universe equivalent of Mars, the barren planet that no one lives on, as opposed to the equivalent of Earth, which is where Sonic and co are from.

Your last post made it sound like you had that flip-flopped. 

Are we doing that thing where we actually agree but are just misreading each other again? Earth = Earth, Mobius = Mars if it still had life on it, (but also may be in another dimension?)

Please explain why you would put Gameplay/technical details in a document which is about aesthetics?

Because it's about a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. His presentation in-game is just as important as how you portray a pro-wrestler when he's fighting in the ring. He needs guidelines on what he can and cannot do less he upset audience/gamer presentation...which Sonic games tend to do.

Edited by They lie

My guess? They just had this "Two planets" idea out of fucking nowhere. MDS is right, we better stick with what the games shown us.

So...

Did this lay the groundwork for that dual-planet concept?

The "Ancient Babylonians" were the descendants of aliens. Y'know, the anthropomorphic birds. No reason why you couldn't lump in hedgehogs, foxes and the like with that as well. 

I can see this working

Because it's about a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. His presentation in-game is just as important as how you portray a pro-wrestler when he's fighting in the ring. He needs guideline on what he can and cannot do less he upset audience/gamer presentation...which Sonic games tend to do.

I like how you joined this forum just to argue with Hogfather.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Hidden Content

Maybe there's one set of Chaos Emeralds and they, along with the Master Emerald, Sonic and friends, and Eggman were brought over in a Sonic X style teleportation accident, or some shit. Maybe they've just been on earth since Adventure and havent gone back since. 

...I dunno why I'm trying to make sense of this but there you go

Because it's about a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. His presentation in-game is just as important as how you portray a pro-wrestler when he's fighting in the ring. He needs guideline on what he can and cannot do less he upset audience/gamer presentation.

Yes that's right.

So why are you bringing gameplay/technical stuff into it? That's what goes into your design document for the game.

Look say they have a bit in the bible (and they do) saying "Sonic is X dimensions by these dimensions" You have to stick to that rule, that means you have to make sonic to those standards. But it doesn't mean you have to limit him to a specific gameplay type.

That is what goes in your videogame design document. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Presumably "Mobius" doesn't have a bunch of little supercharged aliens on it.

What about the other five or six planets chained together? The only one he actually made himself was Sweet Mountain, did he not? If that's the case (unless this is a post Lost World development), why have we not seen this before, especially in the one game where it would make the most sense?

• Thumbs Up 1