Awoo.

Tomazo art topic

sonicDX

this is my art topic where I show off my works. A few words about me : I am an experimentalist comic artist, I like to do all kinds of visual art, paintings, comics, montages, my main technique is traditional but I also do digital works sometimes.

> Artwork

Spoiler

__silent_night_by_expression_art-das3t35tfj__2___snow_by_expression_art-das3opt.thoughts_of_summer_1_by_expression_art-dprotectors_of_sunset_city_by_expression_freedom_of_boredom_by_expression_art-da6

Sonic fanart

I practised drawing on Sonic characters.

~ Coloured Paper Drawings

Spoiler

MLo5ksQ.jpg?1cjX35Nv.jpg?1Silver Paper.jpgSonic X - Drawing by SonicBR.jpgSonic 2 - Drawing by SonicBR.jpgTails - Drawing by SonicBR.jpg

~ Digital Drawings

Spoiler

Silver.jpg

~ Sketches

Spoiler

PP1.jpgPP2.jpgPP3.jpgTails PP1.jpgKnuckles PP.jpgTS ColorTest.jpgAmy PP.jpgAirSpin CA1.jpgAirSpin CA2.jpg

Thank you very much for visiting!

• Thumbs Up 5

*Needs deleting*

Edited by ZDozer
Please do not post your artwork in the threads of other members.

This topic was made for SonicBR to show off his own artwork.  If you want to share your art, please make your own thread for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic-related, I have only that drawing. I see no reason to open a thread over, you know, a single drawing, since I don't tend to draw Sonic things. Otherwise, I would happily make a thread and let people talk and show whatever they want at it (After all, if I am prone to show people off, why shouldn't I let other people show ME off?)

And I didn't know I was violating some rule by posting it on someone else's thread.

(AKA I'll open a thread. When I have more than this single one drawing to show.)

Edited by ZDozer

My point overall was that this isn't your thread to post art in, not that you should or have to open your own thread.

Sonic-related, I have only that drawing. I see no reason to open a thread over, you know, a single drawing, since I don't tend to draw Sonic things. Otherwise, I would happily make a thread and let people talk and show whatever they want at it (After all, if I am prone to show people off, why shouldn't I let other people show ME off?)

And I didn't know I was violating some rule by posting it on someone else's thread.

(AKA I'll open a thread. When I have more than this single one drawing to show.)

On top of that, It's kind of rude to go into someone else's art thread and tell them that you can draw better than them. It comes off as showing off and trying to steal credit from the person who made the thread to show off their own art. There's constructive criticism and then there's just showing off.

• Thumbs Up 1

My point overall was that this isn't your thread to post art in, not that you should or have to open your own thread.

Okay, I get that.

On top of that, It's kind of rude to go into someone else's art thread and tell them that you can draw better than them. It comes off as showing off and trying to steal credit from the person who made the thread to show off their own art. There's constructive criticism and then there's just showing off.

Yeah, I was feeling like I was being highly rude when I was making that reply you quoted.

Well, what now, should I delete that post?

Well, what now, should I delete that post?

Yes, yes you should. Actually, I went on and removed the image myself as it has no place in the art topic of someone else anyway. The problem is not only that but the fact that you posted it in the first place in effort to demean and criticize someone else's art at the expense of showing off your own, and that will not be tolerated. Especially since there should be no competition here as to whom's art work is better. Seriously, that's just rude and mean-spirited.

If anything, we should be encouraging those that share their works with us and if one is going to critique them, it should be done in in a constructive manner. Posts like this tend to discourage members from sharing their works here at the SSMB and that is not a vibe we want to give around here. So please, from now on express any dislike or criticism that you may have towards the works of others in a constructive manner or don't post at all as doing so is counterproductive and disrespectful towards your fellow members.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice Sonic and Tails drawings SonicBR! I think these drawings are awesome! ;)

Oh, thank you! ^.^

You got a nice start here! I look forward to seeing more art from you. Keep it up! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

You got a nice start here! I look forward to seeing more art from you. Keep it up! :D

Thank you! New, digital drawings are coming soon, which are a lot more serious than these ones! ^_^

• 3 months later...

So I realized this topic will be hidden and forgotten if I only update the main text, so I must post the new drawings in a comment if I want people to see that there's a change in this topic. Every new drawing will be posted in a comment, and will be available to see in the main text above, in a spoiler. Enjoy! :)

I finished Sonic Rivals (and will finish Sonic Rivals 2 soon) on PSP, and it was a great experience. I am really glad I could get to know Silver, because I must admit that I only knew that he exists, and he came from the future. :P I never heard his voice, how he speaks, what are his decisions etc. So now I got closer to the character, and I like him. This drawing was harder to make, especially his hands. I hope you'll like it too! :blush: I am also planning to make a digital version of this drawing.

56e3bf811e974_SilverPaper.thumb.jpg.6c18

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hello!

I managed to finish my first Silver's digital version, and this is the first digital drawing in my art topic! ^_^ I hope you will like it, and please tell me your opinion in a comment. Thank you!

I am planning to make more digital drawings in the future. Follow this topic to see if there's new artwork! :)

Silver.thumb.jpg.ef4f80c787d6b56a6c4394a

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, TheSilverFanBoy said:

Cool SILVER! I really like your version of Silver, it's really awesome and done really well.

Thank you very much, I am glad a Silver fan likes it. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

So yes, this day has arrived too...
My dream, creating a Sonic comic is about to turn into reality. I have started practising the basic things, and I also have the main structure of the story. I can't tell you an accurate date of the release of the first pages, but I think they'll be released later. I need to practise more, and I want to make the comic perfect compared to my skills. Until the finished comic pages, I will upload my practise works. So stay tuned if you are interested in my project! :)

PP1.thumb.jpg.dc8e4974809afec988b83d01e3

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new practise page is finished! I think I managed to improve my Sonic drawing skills. On this page, I practised drawing Sonic in some poses. There will be one more Sonic page, and then I will switch to Tails! :) I hope you like this one, and new practise pages will be uploaded soon!

PP2.thumb.jpg.e4fa31198a3217396bf096b885

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Improvements are made in my art thread! ^_^ There are various things to tell you, but most of them might be useless (for you) for now. I mean they are just information, and not factual artwork.

The first thing is I finally managed to scan my older paper drawings, and I will scan the next ones as well (when they are finished). This means their quality became MUCH better, but they might seem a bit unreal... that's only because I change the light options and contrast when scanning those drawings, to make the contours much stronger and apparent. So the paper might look like perfect white, and the simple pencil looks like ink, but they are real for sure! ;)

The second thing is connected to the previous one, I finished and scanned the last Sonic Practise Page. You can see it at the bottom of this post! I hope you'll like it! :blush:

And the last thing is just that I started reading the Archie Sonic Universe comics, and they are absolutely impressive! I love the stories, the characters and the drawings in it. I can only recommend it for those who haven't read it yet! :) I just tell you this because I am trying to learn techniques and plans from it (of course I don't mean copying), and I have already changed the whole story structure of my own comic. The only thing I will tell you for now is its title.....                 ~ SONIC - Special Zone ~

And here is the promised third Practise Page of Sonic! Have a great day/night! :)

PP3.jpg

I really like your most recent practice page, especially the pictures of Sonic grinding and sitting down. I think your art skills are growing :)

I would like to let you know, it appears the images in your recent posts are broken, and so your pictures can only be seen if one looks in your original post.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I really like your most recent practice page, especially the pictures of Sonic grinding and sitting down. I think your art skills are growing :)

I would like to let you know, it appears the images in your recent posts are broken, and so your pictures can only be seen if one looks in your original post.

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :) I have fixed the broken images, it was because I had to upload one image twice, once in the original post, and once in the simple posts. I found it strange, and deleted them from my attached files list, so they disappeared from the recent posts. :huh: Thanks for telling me!

Hi, here is something new! I have finished my first full page-sized pencil Sonic drawing, and I plan to make more of this kind. I wish to draw scenes from Sonic games, on my own way! On this one, Sonic is sitting on a cliff, watching the sunset. This image really reminds me of Calcite Hill in Shadow Shoot (mobile game)... I hope you enjoy it, and all feedback is appreciated! :)

P.S.: Oh, and you will be able to meet Tails on the next Practise Page! Stay tuned! ;)

cjX35Nv.jpg?1

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, TheSilverFanBoy said:

I see you're getting better at making art, well done! I'd like to congratulate you on improving, keep up the great work my friend! ^_^

Thank you very much for encouraging me, it means a lot to me! :blush:

• Thumbs Up 1