Awoo.

Sonic & Tails Thread [Cyan Coast Zone Act 1 Demo Available]

Bluecore

PP6LupM.png

Sonic & Tails is a fan made Sonic the Hedgehog game, which focuses on the story of Sonic's adventures on North Island.
Project Sonic & Tails takes place on North Island. Dr Eggman has created a doomsday device which is set to go off in three days. Sonic and Tails set out to collect the seven Chaos Emeralds, before he unleashes mass destruction onto the entire planet. Meanwhile, the story of the mysterious vanished tribe unfolds.

Screenshots:
--------------------------------------------------
pIGwxx0.png

DzazeX6.png

yd014gM.png

Levels:

Prismatic Prologue Zone: An Underground Zone littered with prism like crystal. The player takes control of Supersonic as you roam through this unfamiliar land. You encounter ancient artifacts, and unfinished badniks as you continue to traverse through.

Cyan Coast Zone:  A Tropical Beach zone home too many natives of North Island.  The player takes control of Sonic with Tails as your assistance, as you search through this paradise. You encounter vivid sea life, and tropical badniks as you continue to traverse through. At the end of each act you are greeted with One Chaos emerald. There are three emeralds to find in this zone.

Twinkle Twilight Zone: A Snow Peaked Zone which used to be green and luscious. It is now cold and desolate. Rumors of a mysterious tribe once living there but then vanished circulate the area. The player takes control of Sonic with Tails as your assistance, as you search through this isolated wonderland. You encounter frozen bones, and withered badniks as you continue to traverse through. At the end of each act you are greeted with One Chaos emerald. There are three emeralds to find in this zone.

Final Fever Zone: A Mechanical Wasteland Zone which is home to Dr Eggman's base of command. The player takes control of Sonic with Tails as your assistance, as you search through this robotic factory. You encounter metallic roboticizer, and stainless steel badniks as you continue to traverse through. There are no emeralds to find in this zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tb3aIRmLg

Team Credits:

Project Leader
- BlueCore
Project Coordinator
- MrLevRocks
Programmer
- BlueCore
              - O_oweegee
Digital Artist
- MrLevRocks
- BlueCore
Stage design
- BlueCore
Stage layout
- BlueCore
- MrLevRocks
Music
- BlueCore
- Sir Spacebar
Voice Acting
- Mmichael
- Rarity
- MrLevRocks
Sprite Ripping
- Shadowbot
- Manic
- SupaChao
- Technokami
- SkyLights
- TrishRowdy
- Victor T(Zenor)
- Yawackhary
- MotorRoach
- Doc Melonhead
Special Thanks
- Mr Lange
- AeroGP
- HitCoder
- SuperBliz
- True Power of Teamwork

Whatever kind of filter or overlay or...whatever it is, really needs to be toned down or (maybe better) eliminated entirely. It's...painful.

• Thumbs Up 2

Could be just a trailer effect but if not, yeah that really needs to go (though the part starting at 0:30 looked pretty nice).

The lighting hurts my eyes, the terraforming looks really unnatural, and wasn't Sonic & Tails the Japanese name for Sonic Chaos? I can see the confusion already.

The lighting hurts my eyes, the terraforming looks really unnatural, and wasn't Sonic & Tails the Japanese name for Sonic Chaos? I can see the confusion already.

Could be just a trailer effect but if not, yeah that really needs to go (though the part starting at 0:30 looked pretty nice).

Christ, people abuse bloom affects FAR too much.

Whatever kind of filter or overlay or...whatever it is, really needs to be toned down or (maybe better) eliminated entirely. It's...painful.

The filters are supposed to replicate a Day/Night system. The game runs on a cycle bases. You have until three in-game days to complete it. We've gotten a lot of ideas on how to create a better representation of a Night and Day cycle; we will be implementing them very soon.

The filters are supposed to replicate a Day/Night system. The game runs on a cycle bases. You have until three in-game days to complete it. We've gotten a lot of ideas on how to create a better representation of a Night and Day cycle; we will be implementing them very soon.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I look forward to seeing how you guys implement this concept in a way that's much more aesthetically pleasing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, but that still leaves my other two criticisms

Concerning the stage layout, that is another thing we are going to be working on. The current state is a bit crunched together; we are working to give the player more room to move about. As for the name; I decided to use that name, because the game stars Sonic and Tails. It is a game about their adventures on this new unexplored land. Sonic and Tails is the japanese name for Sonic Chaos, but I doubt it will cause much confusion. We plan on adding a few nods to Sonic Chaos throughout the game since we share the same name. The ending theme for this demo is the ending theme for Sonic Chaos.

Sorta makes me nostalgic. When I was a little kid, I downloaded a ton of Sonic fan games...the good ol' days. I may download this at some point. Looks fun to me.

Um...these are really minor points, but it looks like you might need to inch some of the rings down a bit so you collect them easier, and it might be nice if animals popped out of the robots.

Also I would change "Prismatic Prologue Zone" to something else, but that's just me xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorta makes me nostalgic. When I was a little kid, I downloaded a ton of Sonic fan games...the good ol' days. I may download this at some point. Looks fun to me.

Um...these are really minor points, but it looks like you might need to inch some of the rings down a bit so you collect them easier, and it might be nice if animals popped out of the robots.

Also I would change "Prismatic Prologue Zone" to something else, but that's just me xD

The first two have been fixed. Now I'd like to ask, why do you not like the name Prismatic Prologue?

• 3 months later...

Evening Everyone!
Our artist has made a handful of mock-ups over the times which show the progress in the artistic department. Check them out to see what else will be awaiting you in the future of Sonic & Tails.
More: http://mrlevrocks.deviantart.com/

sonic_and_tails___mock_up___title_screen

Title Screen

sonic_and_tails___mockup__prismatic_prol

Prismatic Prologue Zone

sonic_and_tails___mock_up__cyan_coast_zo

Cyan Coast Zone Act 3

VO1a4fS.png

Twinkle Twilight Zone

Cyan Coast at different times *Large

sonic_and_tails___mock_up__ccz_at_differ