Awoo.

Transformers Devastation "Platinum Games... YOU GOT THE TOUCH!"

Badnik Mechanic

*squee* I picked up my game and have already got through the first level. I have to admit, this game is tough. I had selected General Difficulty, thinking it wouldn't be too hard despite it warning that only that gamers with good experience with fighting games and wants a challenge should play. I knew immediately that I should have picked Scout as a starter when I died to the first boss about seven times because I was new to this type of genre. None the less I chose to push through despite the struggles.

You got to have super quick reflexes in this game because these enemies hit you fast and hard and take off quite a good chunk of health. I experimented with the weapons for the autobots, even giving them some upgrades to try to give them a better fighting chance. Any way so far despite the fact the game is kicking my butt, I love this game! The fighting is fast, quick, and energectic. I love that they brought back almost all the original cast for the game since I have taken a shine to G1 Transformers. Oh and since I pre-ordered the game I had actually got the weapons and skins but I haven't tried them out yet.

Also apparently according to my local Gamestop they said it was a good thing I got it pre-ordered because when it came to shelf stock, they only had received two copies for PS3 and two for PS4, both which were already sold out by the time I got to the store.

*squee* I picked up my game and have already got through the first level. I have to admit, this game is tough. I had selected General Difficulty, thinking it wouldn't be too hard despite it warning that only that gamers with good experience with fighting games and wants a challenge should play. I knew immediately that I should have picked Scout as a starter when I died to the first boss about seven times because I was new to this type of genre. None the less I chose to push through despite the struggles.

You got to have super quick reflexes in this game because these enemies hit you fast and hard and take off quite a good chunk of health. I experimented with the weapons for the autobots, even giving them some upgrades to try to give them a better fighting chance. Any way so far despite the fact the game is kicking my butt, I love this game! The fighting is fast, quick, and energectic. I love that they brought back almost all the original cast for the game since I have taken a shine to G1 Transformers. Oh and since I pre-ordered the game I had actually got the weapons and skins but I haven't tried them out yet.

Also apparently according to my local Gamestop they said it was a good thing I got it pre-ordered because when it came to shelf stock, they only had received two copies for PS3 and two for PS4, both which were already sold out by the time I got to the store.

When you get the chance, could you check out if Nemesis Prime says anything interesting in his combat banter? Can't find any videos fully showcasing him and I'm really curious if he'll say anything interesting since he's fighting his own faction.

Odd that stores seem to be getting so few copies, though. Other Platinum games have limited productions, sure, but this is a Transformers game we're talking about here! Activision needs to pull their head out of the ground and realize how much this game could sell if marketed right.

Good to hear they're selling all the same, though.

When you get the chance, could you check out if Nemesis Prime says anything interesting in his combat banter? Can't find any videos fully showcasing him and I'm really curious if he'll say anything interesting since he's fighting his own faction.

Odd that stores seem to be getting so few copies, though. Other Platinum games have limited productions, sure, but this is a Transformers game we're talking about here! Activision needs to pull their head out of the ground and realize how much this game could sell if marketed right.

Good to hear they're selling all the same, though.

Well I know when you hover over him for character select he says "Now this is robots in disguise."

Well I know when you hover over him for character select he says "Now this is robots in disguise."

So he's just Prime, but... going undercover? Well that's sort of a letdown. :\ Weird, even, since

the character that does turn into Nemesis Prime in the comics is in the game somewhere

In other news, Jim Sterling has apparently finished the game

YrpOYb2.png

Says a review will be up by tomorrow

So apparently the EXP naming system is completely ridiculous in this game and it doesn't even explain it to you in-game in any way, so I think some of you might want to read this PDF for more info on what you really should be upgrading and the like: https://support.activision.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?retURL=%2Fapex%2Fmanuals&file=00PU000000Q2SL1MAN
It has more info on the weapons, as well

or just look at the individual image if you don't have the time/can't access the pdf

FrypCtz.png

Also here's some gifs of some gameplay while I'm at it:

maxpayneeisvw.gif

GIFaf540.gif

360noscope4vs71.gif

GIFb18c0.gif

Wait SPD was attack power in vehicle mode?! I thought it was the speed stat so I boosted it like crazy for Optimus! No wonder I was able to knock out enemies left and right when I attacked them in truck mode.

More reviews, including Jim Sterling's:

Also, we've finally got a metacritic score for one of the copies of the game, with the PS4 version at 78/100 currently: Transformers: Devastation for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

It seems like all the reviewers agree on the gameplay being good, but for some reason are incredibly divided on what the issues with the game are outside of the length and environment variety. Some think the combat isn't that deep, some think that it's better than MGR's. Some think that the weapons system is a convoluted mess that the game didn't need, some think it's one of the best additions to the game. Some dislike the level design for being too labyrinth-ish, others applaud it for changing up the usual linear Platinum level design.

Guess it just comes down to the individual on those fronts.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank god, I was scared that I would never be able to use it since I stupidly decided not to pre-order the game (and I still ended up getting it day one anyway).

Good news for anyone who has wanted to play as Nemesis Prime or even try out sweet weapons such as the Proton Blaster. The Pre-Order DLC is hitting PSNetwork next week!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/05/transformers-devastation-dlc-comes-to-playstation-next-week/

most of those weapons are already high level unlockables as well