Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

I look forward to there being absolutely no new characters in the game whatsoever.

Look again, dude. There are some new characters here.

Birdo is all I need.

She better be in MK8 DLC too. Nintendo pls.

Not to mention the fact that Diddy Kong and Nabbit haven't been in any past games at all.

I look forward to there being absolutely no new characters in the game whatsoever.

Or at least ones I want in there.

Where the fuck is Rosalina in that lineup?

I can picture the inevitable E3 trailer for this game now...

Mario, Sonic and the other confirmed characters are exploring around Rio de Janeiro, getting swept up in the Carnival spirit and sunbathing on Copacabana beach. They're embracing the Brazilian atmosphere and soaking up the summer rays.

Mario and Sonic then climb up to the top of the city where the statue of Christ the Redeemer stands, the sun blazing down behind him. All of a sudden, the sky turns dark and starry... the Comet Observatory appears, crashing in from another dimension, as if being heralded in by heavenly power...

Rosalina leaps down from the spaceship and lands in front of the two heroes, giving a confident twirl, clad in a pair of tight shorts. With a knowing wink to the camera, she proclaims:

"I'm here to heat things up!"

Nintendo fanboys across the globe throw money at the screen, Mario & Sonic 2016 becomes the best selling game of all time, the Wii U is saved, etc etc etc...

• Thumbs Up 7

To be fair, they don't have to worry about balancing the gameplay to SEGA and/or Nintendo (technically Capcom in this case)'s specifications. Plus it's not the branch that hundreds of thousands of people will pick up so it's a bit more free to go wild.

To be fair, that was plain shit. If you want a minigame collection with elements of exploration and character interaction sandwiched in there, Mario and Sonic Winter DS is a far better option.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly not really that bothered by Zazz getting a playable spot. Really more surprised than anything. But why not represent one of the recent additions to the Sonic cast?

Either way, I'm more interested in the music and seeing who gets represented in the game. Never been too fond of the Olympic titles for their gameplay.

Oh, missed this...

Nah, I'm pretty sure I meant that. Rosalina is a g a r b a g e character. She's just as bad as Kiddy Kong, honestly.

Well, that is a g a r b a g e post, because that couldn't be any further from the truth. Quite frankly she's one of the best characters in Mario. Far from being as bad as Kiddy Kong, honestly. :P

Well, I just hope they make some Amiibo for this. It'd be cool to have some more Sonic characters.

Well, they HAVE stated the reason that they haven't done a platformer.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/05/17/why-we-may-never-see-a-proper-mario-sonic-platformer/

These characters come from two totally different backgrounds, and have completely different worlds. If you do any kind of collaboration, you can’t just get them to run on one of the Sonic stages or vice versa. You have to create something from scratch, a neutral location. Nintendo and SEGA never managed to agree on just where or what kind of universe we could set a Mario and Sonic adventure in.

And I sort of agree. Mario and Sonic might both be platformers, but the universes and gameplay are extremely different. It's not easy to blend them together.

No offense at all to your agreeing to the comment. But the reason you quoted is a pile of horse s*** in the wake of Sonic Lost World's Yoshi's Island DLC.

Forget Rosalina.

There's only one other character the Mario series needs in this sexy badass mofo.

Kent-C-Koopa-141636-full.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

No offense at all to your agreeing to the comment. But the reason you quoted is a pile of horse s*** in the wake of Sonic Lost World's Yoshi's Island DLC.

That was one level, not an entire game.

And the Zelda one, as well.

They don't exactly mesh together well, but there wasn't really anything conceptually wrong or jarring about either of them that didn't depend strictly on how much you liked or disliked Sonic Lost World on its own merits.

• Thumbs Up 1

to be fair that comment was made back in like 2011

I'm hoping Zazz is actually a boss character. That way we can have Omega playable. I just really hate it that he always gets the shaft whenever the rest of team dark is playable.

Zazz being a boss would make sense were it not the fact that Table Tennis already has a boss character: Dry Bones.

Considering that the bosses have kept the same events or similar events throughout the series, I think Dry Bones will remain as the table tennis boss.

I'm hoping Zazz is actually a boss character. That way we can have Omega playable. I just really hate it that he always gets the shaft whenever the rest of team dark is playable.

Honestly, if Zazz IS playable, that actually makes it -more- likely that Omega is also playable. Odds are, we won't get an "odd" number of characters from either Mario or Sonic. As far as I'm concerned, Omega is easily next in line of the rivals (Eggman Nega has had less major appearances and they might feel justified not making him playable).

Yeah, Nega hasn't appeared in a non-spinoff title since Sonic Rivals 2 way back in 2007.

He's also just a recolor of Eggman. Doubt he'll be playable.

I'm pretty sure zazz is playable, they can't just throw out these characters and say they are not playable.

That will be a dick move even though barely anyone like this character (I do)

But imagine if it was rosalina?

*shows rosalina footage*

"Oh btw she's not playable"

I can't see that happening. If he isn't playable then oh well.

I'm also on the side believing that Zazz is actually playable and that Omega will also appear playable down the line in another trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wrong about them removing the other D6 bosses from Sonic Dash and keeping Zazz; Zazz was the only one they ever added, and he got to stay even after the Lost World event ended.

So yeah, I think Sonic Team favors Zazz as the go-to D6 member.

tumblr_inline_np7pcqkNSQ1sok7s9_500.jpg

WOOOOOW! though i was expecting this game.. i think i wasn't expecting it now..

it surprise me this picture.. very dynamic!  *p*

i love Mario's pissed face haha! Sonic is enjoying this

but well.. let the samba begin! :lol:

Amy-samba-time.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Glad to see they finally bothered making Rouge playable. But Zazz... UGH.

Glad to see they finally bothered making Rouge playable. But Zazz... UGH.

What's so "ugh" about making Zazz a possible playable character? Just because you don't care for the thing, doesn't mean that everyone is obligated to not care for it as well. I'm not too fond of Rouge or Blaze, and I sure as sugar ain't complaining about their availability.

Besides, with this sort of game, you don't even have to play as him, so why bother to complain? More character choices are good.

• Thumbs Up 6

well if rouge is playable.. i wonder if she will get a Olimpic outfit just like the rest of the gals.. *u*