Awoo.

The Frank Miller Topic

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

If there's one thing, I've noticed we didn;t have before, it's a Frank Miller topic (probably for the better but I digress), and with the apparent absence of a DC Comics topic, I figure the way to kick it off with this scoop. Looks like Frankie's back for another sequel to the "Dark Knight Returns" series.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/04/24/frank_miller_announces_the_dark_knight_iii_the_master_race_comic_series.html

Frank Miller Is Working on Another Sequel to The Dark Knight Returns

DC Comics confirmed today that Frank Miller is returning to write a second and final sequel to his extraordinarily influential Batman series The Dark Knight Returns. The 1986 series, along with other graphic novels like Alan Moore’s Watchmen (from that same year), changed the way people think about comics.

The new series will be titled The Dark Knight III: The Master Race (a provocative title, to say the least, given Miller’s controversial political views), and will come out twice per month starting in late Fall 2015, according to a press release from DC. Miller’s first sequel series, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, was published in 2001. According to the press release, writer Brian Azzarello will also be working on the eight-issue series. Artists have not yet been announced.

Oh, dear lord the term "Master Race" and the imagery of Superman's bleeding symbol aren't exactly raising my hopes any bit though. Discuss.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

• Ryannumber1gamer

• Nepenthe

• Yoko/葉子

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just now noticed. Yeah that's the thing when you're making a topic at 5 PM and then put that off to do something for a bit. f_-_phoenixehhh.gif You can never see the page change, thus showing a new topic.

Yeah XD, well, we should probably just use the other topic and let the mods do whatever to the double :P. I'd say you should copy and paste your post into the other thread.

Well to be fair this is a more general Frank Miller topic overall as opposed to only concentrated on the new sequel. I suppose this thread's existence aught not to be forfeit just yet.

While this topic may be titled as a Frank Miller discussion, the content itself is about his newest work. There's no info on his life, his politics, or his previous work, so for all intents and purposes it's acting now as a general discussion for the new comic moreso than him. To retroactively turn this into a general discussion, I believe, would be better in the long run, and the original topic should be allowed to stand on account of coming first and for being more in-depth.

In short, if this is the Frank Miller topic, edit the OP accordingly to actually talk about the man and his work as a whole. Members can discuss the new comic in the first thread.

While this topic may be titled as a Frank Miller discussion, the content itself is about his newest work. There's no info on his life, his politics, or his previous work, so for all intents and purposes it's acting now as a general discussion for the new comic moreso than him. To retroactively turn this into a general discussion, I believe, would be better in the long run, and the original topic should be allowed to stand on account of coming first and for being more in-depth.

In short, if this is the Frank Miller topic, edit the OP accordingly to actually talk about the man and his work as a whole. Members can discuss the new comic in the first thread.

Alright, I get to doing that.