Awoo.

The Animated DC Movie Universe (Latest Movie: Batman & TMNT, Justice League VS Fatal Five - Upcoming: Batman Hush)

Ryannumber1gamer

*dusts off topic* 

It's been awhile, but I thought I'd revive this topic since the trailer for a movie I've been wanting for years has finally released.

One of the most iconic Batman stories of all time is finally getting a movie - Hush!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I recently watched Batman/TMNT.

It suffered from a lot of plot contrivances and was kind of silly, but I like it better than the comic it (loosely) attempting to adapt.  It was a lot more lighthearted and Troy Baker's Batman and Joker are extremely fun.  It's kind of weird, though, because despite being PG-13 and having a sizable amount of blood and a bit of foul language, it has the tonality, pacing, and overall plot structure of a show meant for small children.  That's not a bad thing per se, but it does make it seem like the makers of the movie weren't sure who they were marketing the film for.

Also worth a note that this is probably the only thing I've seen where Damian Wayne isn't so terrible that I become nauseated whenever his face appears on screen.  That's a pretty incredible feat on its own.  However, it should be noted that it's mostly because Damian in this movie is more akin to Tim Drake's Robin from The New Batman Adventures than he is Damian.  He even uses Tim's signature staff instead of a sword as Damian is known for using.

So basically, if you want a fun movie to waste time, I recommend this.  If you want something a little more serious and slightly less ridiculous, just wait for Hush.

• Thumbs Up 1