Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Actually, I think the problem is that it's now based on high score instead of total score. (As my total score is 20).

This is one of the reasons why death zone was a good idea. At the moment, people lucky enough to have the Halloween characters/buddies can get a massive score. Death Zone made things more even. 

But actually, the real problem is all the changes they have made. Before it was fun little game to kill a few spare minutes. All these changes have turned it into a big commitment. I've been an avid player since the soft launch, but I can see myself losing interest as they made it too much of chore. 

Seriously I think the real problem is... You! If you dislike the game so much. Maybe you should consider to stop playing and move on.

Then i would have collected every animal with o papa. For small buddies, probably.

Yeah, I think there should be perhaps limits on what 'kind' of buddy picks up animals. Perhaps ones that are technically in the foreground? i.e not the Death Egg, O Papa, etc.

Seriously I think the real problem is... You! If you dislike the game so much. Maybe you should consider to stop playing and move on.

I don't dislike the game. I just don't like all the changes they have made. I wouldn't mind if they just nerfed the buddies, or just lowered the colour powers, or just made story progression harder or just reduced the RSR rewards available. But to do all of these changes and to make the runners league harder on top of it, is a bit much. Surely, I am not the only one who feels like that? 

Edited by big_smile

Yes, because how dare he give his opinion on the game.

How about you stop trying to tell people what to do in this thread and move on instead of people giving legit criticism with the game and you telling them to get out. If you disagree with what he's saying, give a legit argument instead of just saying "You dislike the game, so there's no problems with the game, the problem's you".

Personally, I disagree with the dead zones because it basically gets rid of the idea of a skill level. You think it helps Halloween characters, but it honestly doesn't. If anything, it gives them an advantage because it means they can earn a high score quicker than people using other characters and buddies. Instead, without the dead zones, with enough skill, that means that you can easily surpass those using the Halloween characters, something that you simply couldn't do with the dead zones. 

Edited by Ryannumber1Santa
  • Thumbs Up 2

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA... all complained when i proposed the idea of Super Sonic. But now is coming.

It's still fucking stupid.

• Thumbs Up 4

Animals score needs to be buffed or reworked. Rose characters are trash compared to the rest now even though scoring with animals is the hardest to execute which makes no sense. SEGA logic

Yes, because how dare he give his opinion on the game.

How about you stop trying to tell people what to do in this thread and move on instead of people giving legit criticism with the game and you telling them to get out. If you disagree with what he's saying, give a legit argument instead of just saying "You dislike the game, so there's no problems with the game, the problem's you".

Personally, I disagree with the dead zones because it basically gets rid of the idea of a skill level. You think it helps Halloween characters, but it honestly doesn't. If anything, it gives them an advantage because it means they can earn a high score quicker than people using other characters and buddies. Instead, without the dead zones, with enough skill, that means that you can easily surpass those using the Halloween characters, something that you simply couldn't do with the dead zones. 

Yes i went a bit hard on him that was because he mentioned he was an avid player since the soft launch ( 26th Feb 2015?)... so he must have been playing sonic runners till now since he managed to stay in S*** . The funniest thing is, high score is always needed to get promoted or maintain at S*** rank and it seems he does not know till now and also he mentioned by reverting to an endless run, it has become a big commitment for him. We all know in order to maintain at s*** league, slight dedication is needed. Can i assume previously he managed to get a high score of probably 45 million in less than 10 mins? 

Edited by EC

Theres some gameplay changes i noticed

Tails can now fly a bit higher. Theres this section with an item at the end that i usually couldnt get and now i can.

Knuckles third jump ends with a dash. I think.

Actually, I think the problem is that it's now based on high score instead of total score. (As my total score is 20).

This is one of the reasons why death zone was a good idea. At the moment, people lucky enough to have the Halloween characters/buddies can get a massive score. Death Zone made things more even. 

But actually, the real problem is all the changes they have made. Before it was fun little game to kill a few spare minutes. All these changes have turned it into a big commitment. I've been an avid player since the soft launch, but I can see myself losing interest as they made it too much of chore. 

uuhhh....what? Didnt you ask why you went down by being on #28? 

I would say I don't care how you see the game, but it does affect how the developers respond to the changes they made, this is telling them that's its OK to remove skill out of the game, and the rewards of time and dedication :(

But there was a better answer to how the spike walls was a bad idea:

--------------------------

But back to your reply.

-no, its not about total score now, like I said, the first 25 stay, the last 25 go down.

-and, IMO, yes, the 2.0.0 update made the game a more "play a few minutes" kind of game, but that should be a choice, and the remove of it doesnt makes it a bigger commitment, because its trying to get back to how it was, it think it's more like...it makes it harder to reach what you could reach before.

Actually, yes, I think deadzones are bad idea. You guys have convinced me!

However, I still think the Runners League change has taken out a significant amount of fun from the game. I currently play 40 mins a day in total and that's not enough to stay in S***. I can live with the other changes, but this one seems to be too harsh. 

Then again, I guess the attraction of being S*** has lessened, as you no longer get RSR. So I should probably just get Shazia leveled up to 10 and then focus on quick mode anyway.

-and, IMO, yes, the 2.0.0 update made the game a more "play a few minutes" kind of game, but that should be a choice, and the remove of it doesnt makes it a bigger commitment, because its trying to get back to how it was, it think it's more like...it makes it harder to reach what you could reach before.

What I mean is that before 2.0.0 you could play 10 mins at a time. Now if you want to stay in S***, you'll need to have much longer sessions. 

What I mean is that before 2.0.0 you could play 10 mins at a time. Now if you want to stay in S***, you'll need to have much longer sessions. 

ahh..I see..because of the new records, well, given that you got down go S**,you could use the trick to stay on S***

You get very low score, that will put you down to where you need low low to rank up, then when you do you can stay up with low score.

ahh..I see..because of the new records, well, given that you got down go S**,you could use the trick to stay on S***

You get very low score, that will put you down to where you need low low to rank up, then when you do you can stay up with low score.

It wasn't any trick. Before I could play for 10-15 minutes and get a score of 15 Million. Because S*** rank counted the first 40, that would be enough to stay in. 

Now it only counts the first 20, so 15 mill doesn't cut it. You'd probably need to play for a much longer time to get the top 20 score. 

But I don't think it matters any more as you don't get RSR in Story league S*** anymore. Once I've got Shazia lvl 10, I'll probably focus on the quick mode league, as that gives RSR. 

It wasn't any trick. Before I could play for 10-15 minutes and get a score of 15 Million. Because S*** rank counted the first 40, that would be enough to stay in. 

Now it only counts the first 20, so 15 mill doesn't cut it. You'd probably need to play for a much longer time to get the top 20 score. 

But I don't think it matters any more as you don't get RSR in Story league S*** anymore. Once I've got Shazia lvl 10, I'll probably focus on the quick mode league, as that gives RSR. 

-no, I meant use the trick now 

-well, now you get more score, 15 mins should be like 100millions, a little less.(depends on the setup)

-first 38, and yeah, it only gets you sharha lv10 and after that duplicates, good luck then.

• Thumbs Up 1

Theres some gameplay changes i noticed

Tails can now fly a bit higher. Theres this section with an item at the end that i usually couldnt get and now i can.

Knuckles third jump ends with a dash. I think.

For the first one, I think you've just gotten better at the timing. I've never really had to use all my flying jumps because fly type is OP, but I seriously don't think they'd buff the best type. For the second, it's always been that way, as long as you're at top speed and time it properly. Very useful to get some extra hits on Eggman and to get to Eggman quicker in Timed Mode. The only actually gameplay change I can think of at the moment is that it takes a much longer time to lose a combo now, which helps a lot against top speed Eggman if you mess up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

image.thumb.jpg.add76fe93d9f18e09e2384f9Just beat my all time score of 15 mil. Used both Rouge's plus Mother Wisp and King Boom Boo. I didn't realize how op this set up could be without any mech types. This setup is so crazy! I'm super stoked I was able to get a score like this. And this was just a test run! Just wait until I go beast mode. Hopefully I'll get ESP Silver in the figure. If I do I'll use him as a main with Haloween Rogue (or maybe just regular Rouge since she's a higher level) and with Mother Wisp and King Boom Boo omg that's it. GG. 

Looks like I'm gonna be playing Runners even more than before now. Too bad story rankings suck.

Ugh, I want ESP Silver so bad...

• Thumbs Up 1

I can barely reach 10,000,000! Feel like throwing my phone out the window playing this game, but I keep coming back to it!

• Thumbs Up 1

image.thumb.jpg.add76fe93d9f18e09e2384f9Just beat my all time score of 15 mil. Used both Rouge's plus Mother Wisp and King Boom Boo. I didn't realize how op this set up could be without any mech types. This setup is so crazy! I'm super stoked I was able to get a score like this. And this was just a test run! Just wait until I go beast mode. Hopefully I'll get ESP Silver in the figure. If I do I'll use him as a main with Haloween Rogue (or maybe just regular Rouge since she's a higher level) and with Mother Wisp and King Boom Boo..

i tried it, both depend on RNG and doest seems to do anything (the buddies), maybe it was just the characters 125% score bonus? 

Edited by Hundjäger18

i tried it, both depend on RNG and doest seems to do anything (the buddies), maybe it was just the characters 125% score bonus? 

I don't think so. I usually use Shahra and Erazor and I'm lucky if I'm able to make it to 10 mil. With King Boom Boo and Mother Wisp I was able to make it to three-five milk by the third speed section where with Shahra and Erazor I barely hit one mil. (I'll have to check again in another run)

I don't think so. I usually use Shahra and Erazor and I'm lucky if I'm able to make it to 10 mil. With King Boom Boo and Mother Wisp I was able to make it to three-five milk by the third speed section where with Shahra and Erazor I barely hit one mil. (I'll have to check again in another run)

UUhh? Maybe it doesn't applies on high rank? Idk, is it really the buddies? :/

Anyway....my best combo other than  mech-king boom boo-boo is Opa-opa and tornado 2, but lately I use opa-opa and cruiser because it seems to get me 10rsr per run (200millions run)

UUhh? Maybe it doesn't applies on high rank? Idk, is it really the buddies? :/

Anyway....my best combo other than  mech-king boom boo-boo is Opa-opa and tornado 2, but lately I use opa-opa and cruiser because it seems to get me 10rsr per run (200millions run)

I dunno. I'm like rank 121. That might be it. 

I saw somewhere that someone posted a supposed headshot of Super Sonic. It would be the headshot in the Character Select Screen from the 1st Version.

I've been playing Runners since the soft launch, actively as I love this game, or more like used to love this game. I haven't written on this forum in a little while because my frustration with the game had gone away during the summer. Right now I must say that 2.0 has destroyed the game as a source of fun, I had even deleted it from my phone because of the spike wall.

At the current moment, I honestly want this game to be decompiled so it can be modified to our own liking. And no I do not mean to cheat or steal items in the game, because most likely you would have to remove the games online capabilities, but then you won't have to be online to play. For myself, Modifying the game to be fair and play it offline by myself would be a dream come true.

• Thumbs Up 1

At the current moment, I honestly want this game to be decompiled so it can be modified to our own liking. .

Makes me wonder sometimes if just a 3D-graphics 2D-gameplay style auto-runner fan-game made to be similar to Sonic Runners would make enough folk happy. But it not being a official game could maybe be a turnoff for some I guess.

Sega and Sonic Team promise for the next update for Sonic Runners to fix the missile issue in Timed Mode.

https://twitter.com/SonicRunners_JP/status/673707419764002817

Finally. Well, the missiles aren't annoying for me and I've only died once due to it on Timed Mode, I'm still aggravated at the fact that the missiles aren't supposed to be there in the first place