Awoo.

What if Nintendo developed a Sonic game?

Willsy

The only problem to me with Nintendo developing a Sonic game would be that, if I found it pretty awesome, it would be exclusively stuck on a Nintendo console which I would have to buy to play. That's mainly if I don't already have the console.

Aside from that, there's really no telling what Nintendo could do with it. A lot of people would berate Nintendo for making Sonic too kid oriented and show little attention to veteran fans. But guys, they have series like the Legend of Zelda, a franchise with variety of titles with different styles, ranging from cartoony to Wind Waker, to dark and unsettling Majora's Mask, to a hybrid of vibrant and garish elements in titles like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. Even Mario has a lot of variety, such as in his Paper series that get progressively darker with each title before Sticker Star. Hell, with Zelda's diverse range alone, you don't think Nintendo would capitalize on that for Sonic? Nevermind the fanservice in those games.

If anything, I think Nintendo would take full advantage of the variety of styles and tone in both the visuals and the narrative that can be done in a Sonic game, probably even delivering an experience that they really can't deliver with a Mario or Zelda series. I mean, really, Sonic is like a potential combination of Mario's cartooniness, Zelda's narrative depth, and both franchises emphasis on the magical in addition to freaking Starfox's emphasis on the sci-fi. Can't you guys see the benefits in that (and those were just off the top of my head)? So why do you think Nintendo would want to do away with that instead of taking advantage of that flexibility and bring out its value?

And there's really no telling how they would do the gameplay. That's something we're really in the dark beyond the basics knowledge of what Sonic does. They could really transform him in that area if they really put their power into it.

Now, I would never be in favor of Sonic being a franchise exclusive to Nintendo, as I prefer him multiplatform. But as far as delivering an experience? Sonic is very flexible in that regard, and I think Nintendo would see a strength in that to not skimp him away from it.

• Thumbs Up 2