Awoo.

Sonic Jump Fever [iOS/Android] - What do you mean you want Sonic in a SONIC game?!

Doctor MK

So I just found a Hero Chao, and it doesn't seem like it's going to be all that hard to unlock. I have to wait a few hours for my energy to replenish but I should be able to befriend it on my next run. This one saves you from falling off screen so it's definitely very handy.

Ahh yeah that ones great, I found that one as my second,

I already have the orange one that finds hidden platforms, though it's not as useful as the hero one.

There's also a Dark Chao that defeats enemies for you and a regular Chao (the hardest to befriend) that collects rings for you.

This game... meh, it's just not all that enjoyable.

For starters, the gameplay's actually far too fast-paced for its own good, especially with the uncontrollable "Fever Mode" that the game automatically throws you into whenever you fill up the Fever Bar. Couple that with the reconfiguration to a more time-based system, which doesn't work out well since the time limit is set so dang shortly, and the game literally blurs right by you, right to the final score screens, before you know it. It's also an exclusively arcadey experience, so you can't ever go at your own pace via a single-player campaign unlike the original Jump. You can't even choose any level that you want to play, since the game is set up so that it gives you a level that you can only play in for a few days at a time. I think what especially kills it for me is the "energy bar" mechanic, where you can only play a few sessions at any given time before you either have to wait, pony up some cash, or watch a 15-minute video ad to get another go.

Speaking of, the game's so blatantly money-centric, it's almost tragic. The game is is literally set up in such a way that if you're not willing to part with your cash, you're pretty much gonna have to earn your stuff (characters, items, upgrades or Chao) the hard and SLOW way while being constantly interrupted by asinine ads and pushes for Ring purchases. It doesn't help that the stuff themselves, especially the characters, are significantly more expensive than they've ever been in a mobile game. The purchase pushes are especially obnoxious this time around--I mean, really, who the heck is gonna spend $40-$100 on a game like this?

I'm sorry if I'm coming across bitter with this, but I'm really not having fun at all here. Free or not, it's just a complete mess to deal with and I'm done with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've not purchased anything for this game and never will, but are have stopped showing up for me. Anyone getting this?

You guys do realize that you don't have to wait for more energy, right? If you have an iPhone just have both the game and the settings app opened at the same time. When you run out of energy, go into the setting apps, change the date to 24 hours ahead, then go back into the game and you'll have full energy. Then go back to the settings app, press "set automatically" and your phone will go back to the correct date, and you'll still have full energy in the game. Just keep repeating that every time you run out of energy.

Ads appear less for me now since yesterday's update.

I've also befriended the hero Chao that saves you. It wasn't that difficult actually.

You guys do realize that you don't have to wait for more energy, right? If you have an iPhone just have both the game and the settings app opened at the same time. When you run out of energy, go into the setting apps, change the date to 24 hours ahead, then go back into the game and you'll have full energy. Then go back to the settings app, press "set automatically" and your phone will go back to the correct date, and you'll still have full energy in the game. Just keep repeating that every time you run out of energy.

Here's the thing, though: why should I essentially be forced to fiddle around with the general system settings for my device in order to circumvent a game mechanic that, I feel, shouldn't have been implemented in the first place?

• Thumbs Up 3

And that's just an exploit that the developers could easily fix anyway. Even if it improves your experience, it's by no means any way to write off such a massive issue.

It's probably not compatible with your Android device if you can't see it.

Yeah, followed the link above and it says it's not compatible. Weird, I'm using a Galax s3, never had any problems with games not being compatible before....oh well, sounds like a lot of people are finding the game really frustrating anyway.

Yeah, followed the link above and it says it's not compatible. Weird, I'm using a Galax s3, never had any problems with games not being compatible before....

Hm, that's quite strange. My brother's Galaxy S3 can download the game from Google Play and run it just fine.

The "Super Rare" Black Chao (that I've gotten three times) seems to garner me the most points by defeating enemies for me. I'm urrently sitting at the top of my eaderboards with 437,000+ thanks to him and some power ups. Adam Tuff is right behind me.

I only have the chao that prevent falling off screen and finding hidden platforms. I'd enjoy Fever a lot more if it weren't for that darned energy system.

I've only spent $1 on the game. They were all, "Red Rings and regular rings HALF OFF from $2!!!", along with eliminating ads, though I had adblock on. Meh. What am I getting with a buck? A jawbreaker?

So according to Apple's App Store charts, Jump Fever is ranked #7 in the US and #2 (FB Messenger #1) in the UK as we close this weekend. Jump Fever is doing very well in South American countries with the game ranked from #1-#3.

Don't know why the game is this popular considering its flaws (maybe because it's "Sonic") but you have to admit this is surprising. Well not for America, but for everything else.

I take it the only way to get magnifying glasses to look for Chao are through spending Rings on them?

But dude, how does that motivate Sonic? Sonic's not a free spirit, SONIC GOT TO HAVE CASH, MAN. 

That LongcrierCat again of all places...

I take it the only way to get magnifying glasses to look for Chao are through spending Rings on them?

That LongcrierCat again of all places...

You can also win them in one of the two daily spins, I got one yesterday

So according to Apple's App Store charts, Jump Fever is ranked #7 in the US and #2 (FB Messenger #1) in the UK as we close this weekend. Jump Fever is doing very well in South American countries with the game ranked from #1-#3.

Don't know why the game is this popular considering its flaws (maybe because it's "Sonic") but you have to admit this is surprising. Well not for America, but for everything else.

It's #1 in the UK free charts, but is nowhere to be seen in the top 150 top grossing charts. I guess people aren't going for the IAPs much in this game.

Bad idea. It won't register your scores on the leaderboards afterwards.

This game's super unbalanced anyway. Super Rare black Chao that kills all your enemies = super mega score vs. any other Chao. You can't get a super high score without that Chao.

Bad idea. It won't register your scores on the leaderboards afterwards.

This game's super unbalanced anyway. Super Rare black Chao that kills all your enemies = super mega score vs. any other Chao. You can't get a super high score without that Chao.

Super Rare Black Chao? Overpowered. Banned from all tiers.

Has SEGA or hardlight mentioned that they are going to patch this game yet? I want it but no way in hell I'm letting this thing snoop around in my phone.

I am puzzled why the android version requires superuser access to your device. No need what so ever. It's like giving your spare house keys to SEGA Hardlight. That's why I'm iffy with android apps.

I really wonder why SEGA started with one of the more difficult zones. The amount of traps on screen and enemies that instant kill you (the Sonic 4 spikes one) probably pissed off a ton of people. Green Hill is now active and it's way more relaxed. The traps are identifiable (spikes on a platform, don't touch it!) and there's way less obstacles on screen that block you from everything. The enemies are also a lot less difficult to destroy. This is probably the easiest zone and it would have been best to start with this one.

To people complaining about the difficulty in controls, it's really not that hard. Sure it's a little odd when first playing it but it is so easy now. I also believe the "fever levels" increase the amount of time you are in fever mode. Fever mode was a little confusing to me as you pretty much blink and it's over but now I get almost 8 seconds in mine. I can control Sonic in fever mode and collect everything on screen. Just keep leveling up fever mode and you will get the hang of it.

Overall, not a bad game. I got the ring doubler to remove all ads and it's been useful. It has allowed me to upgrade my characters at double the rate and it's a "forever" upgrade and not a consumable. The ads were painfully annoying for me so I'm glad they're gone.

I am puzzled why the android version requires superuser access to your device. No need what so ever. It's like giving your spare house keys to SEGA Hardlight. That's why I'm iffy with android apps.

Yeah, I've been getting the 'superuser' permissions thing too. I just set it up for 10 minutes.

Am I the only one who finds it impossible to befriend the super rare Chao without spending actual money? I've gotten both the dark Chao (defeats enemies) and the neutral one (collects rings) and haven't been able to befriend them in the time given, even WITH messing around with the time on my phone to instantly refill the energy.