Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

I don't think you can on the newer models.

C'mon, thoughts on forge 3.0?

The one thing I want to know about forge is....are we able to create any ground surfaces? Like a sandy ground, grassy, concrete ect. That is something I think this game has been missing since the start of Forge.

As for H2A, I really don't care. I didn't buy the H1A so I don't think I'm going to waste $40+ on H2's if we get a release. Instead of making remakes (if the rumor is true), they should push H4 even farther. Push the graphics beyond the likes of Gears 3 and Crysis.

The one thing I want to know about forge is....are we able to create any ground surfaces? Like a sandy ground, grassy, concrete ect. That is something I think this game has been missing since the start of Forge.

That's something I think that (even if it doesn't add any gameplay changes) we can benifit from when making maps.

Another thing I'd like to see them try to add is enemies. Like spawn enemies randomly throughout the map, makes things more fun ya know?

That's something I think that (even if it doesn't add any gameplay changes) we can benifit from when making maps.

Another thing I'd like to see them try to add is enemies. Like spawn enemies randomly throughout the map, makes things more fun ya know?

Soooo like if you are playing Slayer and a random Elite appears. Not only do you have to fight to win the match, but now fight off the random Elite(s) so you don't die...ALA Smash bros Brawl style? That would seem kind of interesting. But I doubt many hardcore Halo fans would enjoy. Now if it were for a firefight style gametype, then that would be amazing.

Soooo like if you are playing Slayer and a random Elite appears. Not only do you have to fight to win the match, but now fight off the random Elite(s) so you don't die...ALA Smash bros Brawl style? That would seem kind of interesting. But I doubt many hardcore Halo fans would enjoy. Now if it were for a firefight style gametype, then that would be amazing.

While that does sound interesting, I was more so pointing towards using that feature in Forge and Custom Mode. Though if they tried to do a new playlist called Survival or something like that where random enemies would pop up, I wouldn't mind.

C'mon, thoughts on forge 3.0? H2A is only rumor so theres no real reason to talk about it atm.

Well, not long after HCE:A, I remember someone posting a screencap of a tweet that was from 343 hinting at the possibility, so I'm sure it's most likely in the bag what with Halo 2 having the bigger following than Halo 1 (though personally not my most liked Halo) It's a Halo topic for crying out loud, I think anyone should be allowed to talk about it if they want?

Though another thing I wonder if it does become reality soon, will it incorporate Halo 2 Vista's achievements, or have completely new ones.

Push the graphics beyond the likes of Gears 3 and Crysis.

For me, I've not really cared about the forge worlds themselves, but if they could just allow us to use different architecture pieces for a start, like sand, bricks, rocky, forerunner set pieces and have a choice to set it at night or day, along with different locales, then it would be superb, I'd actually get more into forging.

Also, bitch please, no game is more beautiful looking than Crysis :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, bitch please, no game is more beautiful looking than Crysis tongue.png

Well rumor is that part of the reason for the 8GB fucking mandatory install is because theres going to be 3 forge worlds instead of 1 this time around. so there might be allot more areas we can play with.

Didn't they say they were maxing out the 360's graphics settings with this game?

Halo 4 follower catch up:

I'm sorry but Crysis 2 looked waaay better than Gears 3. My jaw did not close til I finished the game. Every thing about Crysis 2....

Edited by Scott

Fix'd wink.png

Also regarding that 8GB space requirement, basically the way it's sounding, I can't go on multiplayer at all? Not even for a quick slayer match, unless I have 8GB hard drive space left? O.o If so, that's honestly a bite on the dick. But I mainly want for the campaign anyhow.

Remind me to tackle you.

As for the huge memory requirement. 3 forge maps.....spartan ops....possible high amount of unlockables....oh shit. I guess this brings up the next question. Is this going to be a single disk game or multi disk like Battlefield and Max Payne 3.

Rumor is its either 2 single layers or 1 dual layer with the new 1GB extra added fixed discs they released not too long ago.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Official Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI&feature=youtu.be

Oh my god, it looks great!

Hyped so badly for this.

Official Movie Poster in Spoiler, was too big, but AWESOME

filegetasp.jpg

The series will debut on Oct. 5, 2012, on Machinima’s premium YouTube channel, Machinima Prime (http://www.YouTube.com/MachinimaPrime), and on Halo Waypoint (http://halo.xbox.com/ForwardUntoDawn), and will unfold through a series of five episodes leading up to the worldwide launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6. An extended, 90-minute Special Edition featuring never-before-seen bonus footage, in-fiction content and behind-the-scenes videos will be available Nov. 6, 2012, on video-on-demand services and in the “Halo 4” Limited Edition, for $99.99 (U.S.).1

Set against the backdrop of a United Nations Space Command (UNSC) military academy, a group of highborn cadets are training to be the next generation of soldiers in the UNSC’s ongoing war with insurrectionists in the outer colonial planets. Among these cadets, Thomas Lasky struggles with his doubts about this war and with the burden of expectations he may not be able to carry. As Lasky comes to terms with his potential as a military leader, the terrifying alien alliance known as the Covenant arrives and turns his world upside down. Inspired by the Master Chief, he must decide what it means to be a hero. “Halo” fans who experience Lasky’s thrilling origin story in “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” will be rewarded with special insights into the story of “Halo 4” and the “Halo Infinity Multiplayer” experience.

Cast and production team. Directed by Stewart Hendler (“H+,” “Sorority Row”) and written by Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing (“Smallville,” “Spartacus”); “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” features a diverse cast of established and up-and-coming Hollywood talent, including Tom Green (“Dance Academy”) as Thomas Lasky, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia”) as Chyler Silva, Daniel Cudmore (“X2,” “X-Men: The Last Stand,” “The Twilight Saga”) as the Master Chief, Ayelet Zurer (“Angels & Demons,” “Munich”) as Mehaffey, Mike Dopud (“Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol”) as General Black, Enisha Brewster (“Footloose”) as April Orenski, Masam Holden (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Elizabethtown”) as Michael “Sully” Sullivan, Osric Chau (“2012”) as JJ Chen, Iain Belcher (“Supernatural”) as Vickers, and Kat De Lieva as Dimah.

“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” is backed by a top-tier production team, including producers Lydia Antonini and Josh Feldman, former Warner Bros. and Playtone executives, respectively. Continuing its involvement with the “Halo” franchise, Legacy Effects (“The Hunger Games,” “The Avengers,” “Avatar”) is creating specialized costumes and armor, and visual effects are being designed by an award-winning team led by John Sullivan (“The Pacific”). Production services are provided by Herzog & Company.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

The voice and character for Chief are alittle off but it works. the voice is reasonable since they had to go with a younger voice alike since this is Chief in his earlier years don't think downes would fit a young John-117. But c'mon "I'm your best chance of survival."?! doesn't sound like something John would say.

Also, here is your tradional Halo special edition Xbox:

original.jpg

Time to catch-up with Halo 4 follower:

The Halo Bulletin: 7.12.12

Topics include:

~Forward Unto San Diego - Recap of Comic Con

~Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Details

~Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Cast and Crew

~Office of Halo Intelligence: Part 9

~Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Image Gallery

H4FUD info dump this week.

I love the translucent plastic but I hate hate hate the NFS Underground/ Fast and the Furious decals.

YOU CAN DUAL WIELD WITH THE FLAG! whatisthismadness.png!

Really love that Oddball assassination, somebody was inspired by street fighter there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Waiting for the inevitable mod where someone lets you dual wield two flags at once, or even worse

Flag+ Shotgun= Unstoppable

Double Post but,

At SDCC they showed off a Theatrical Trailer for Halo 4, wihch will be shown in Theaters starting July 27th

Call me crazy, but at the end of the trailer, are those other Spartans? Can't be.

Edit: Won't embed, yeah okay why not.

Edited by Nintendoga

Call me crazy, but at the end of the trailer, are those other Spartans? Can't be.

I was thinking at first, that maybe it's just the Infinity multiplayer...but maybe. Just maybe it's the extra spartan for the campaign. Like Co-op. Or even spartan ops.

Why can't it be? The SPARTAN IV (4) program started up soon after the war and there are still remaining SPARTAN IIIs (3s) and IIs (2s) around. Did you really think Master Chief was the only remaining spartan still?

Why can't it be? The SPARTAN IV (4) program started up soon after the war and there are still remaining SPARTAN IIIs (3s) and IIs (2s) around. Did you really think Master Chief was the only remaining spartan still?

Why yes, I did. Like I said before, I didn't read the books, and the games were making it seem like he was the only one.