Awoo.

"Game on": Microsoft E3 2014 press conference

Detective Shadzter

Overall great conference, still not sure what console I'll get. Guess I'll have to see what Sony brings to the table.

I did enjoy the "thank you gamers for shaping the Xbox One" remark. A bit of a "we did good this year guys, right?"

Yes. They did do good.

On a personal level, nothing outstanding though...

That was the best Microsoft conference since 2009, and fairly decent overall. It's been 5 YEARS since Microsoft's last good conference, and that's saying something! There was no focus on the Kinect whatsoever, no cringey demos and filler and Dance Central and Fantasia game were only focused on for about a minute before moving on to better stuff!

Also, the amount of exclusives coming out on the console is impressive and there are many games I am interested in; Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Inside, Platinum's newest Monster Hunter-esque game look great and actually make me want to buy the damn console. Yes, I want an Xbox One now! Henceforth I shall call it just Xbox One too!

Of course I haven't got the money just yet the buy the thing, but there seems to be much more going for it right now compared to PS4 and it's long list of delayed games. Good job Microsoft, I might abandon you after all. =]

So... what was with all the 'Dedicated servers.'

Has anyone else really been crying out for that since the whole Modern Warfare 3 fiasco?

Oh speaking of COD, what did we think of COD AW?

many uncultured swine it would seem

You and Solkia need to calm down.  I love Platinum as much as the next guy and Kamiya has been responsible for some of my favourite games of all time, but it's not unfair for someone not to be hyped from just a CG trailer.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just caught up to the announcements, pretty damn good overall - even tho personally I'm only interested in the P+ game.

Too bad I can't really afford more than one ancillary console per gen and the WiiU has Bayo 2 already... but I could possibly bite on an used 99€ xbone at the end of the generation just because Kamiya = quality.

Here's hoping it gets properly marketed. Those guys deserve all the success in the world.

So... what was with all the 'Dedicated servers.'

Has anyone else really been crying out for that since the whole Modern Warfare 3 fiasco?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Series has never lived up to Soap MacTavish and Captain Price and the amazingness that was COD4.

Just been disappointment after disappointment, trying to increase the scale, rather than focusing on making a fun game that has great, memorable characters to make it all the more entertaining.

I agree, Advanced Warfare looked nothing special. It looks decent, but not nearly as mind blowing as they claimed it to be.

But Sunset Overdrive and Halo 1-4 though...

Looks a HELL of a lot better than Ghosts at least. I was expecting more Titanfall vibes though.

All in all it seems like they tackled all the issues people had with the previous conference. They didn't even made a big show of the dancing game like some of us thought they would, Kinect wasn't mentioned once (tho I saw a game that lets you use your body as platforms for the characters that looked neat) Ori and Crackdown looks really interesting, the Halo collection is a god-send for those who didn't own the previous consoles and Platinum is there so that means quality (but really, at least a little talk about the game would have been cool... Oh well, we'll probably get more of that sooner than later).

Also I saw captain commando in one of the games, I want more of that.

Oh yeah, and you made me curious about phantom dust, going to check that later.

I still can't believe I just watched a decent Microsoft conference. Never in my wildest dreams would I expect a good conference from them this soon!

It looked meh. As I said before, it's just your average FPS game but this time with sci fi elements thrown into the mix. I can't deny though that it looks very pretty visually.

It looked meh. As I said before, it's just your average FPS game but this time with sci fi elements thrown into the mix. I can't deny though that it looks very pretty visually.

Dunno whether it looks better than Battlefield 4 or Hardline but it does look very nice.

I think Scalebound might be co-op but I also think I might be getting ahead of myself.

Holy shit....

CVycmKr.jpg

That is the most amazing thing I have seen since... the last most amazing thing I have ever seen!

• Thumbs Up 8

I think Scalebound might be co-op but I also think I might be getting ahead of myself.

Is co-op a requirement for Microsoft? Seem to have a lot of games that have Co-op, if this does turn out to be the case.

Got a long wait as yet. I hope the game actually gets stage presence up until release. It would be a shame if MS dropped it this year to create hype and then just forget about it till launch, resulting in poor release numbers.

P+ need more recognition, and I hope MS give it to them.

I am also now fully expecting Sony to prepare the money-bags in response to this.

Holy shit....

CVycmKr.jpg

That is the most amazing thing I have seen since... the last most amazing thing I have ever seen!

Dat title though. Amazing jab at themselves. Well done Capcom, lol

• Thumbs Up 1

What I really do admire about this conference is when Microsoft said this conference was only about games, they weren't bullshitting. No Usher performances, no statistic talk, no TV and sports (aside from the Halo plug),  no Kinect. Conference salutations/farewells and brief discussions on a few games/IPs aside, the entire conference was pure unleaded videogames.

I honestly can't see Sony doing the same thing, I'm pretty sure they'll be waving their PS4 sales johnson for a good five minutes, having some social media talk, and if the Driveclub showcase from last year is anything to go by, talk another good five minutes about cars or something. Nintendo's a maybe at this point, I think they might do a callback to how well MK8 is selling and maybe report some statistics about the 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I really do admire about this conference is when Microsoft said this conference was only about games, they weren't byllshitting. No usher conferences, no statistic talk, no TV and sports (aside from the Halo plug),  no Kinect. Conference salutations/farewells and brief discussions on a few games/IPs aside, the entire conference was pure unleaded videogames.

Yup, still having a sore butt from last year, the lower performance of their system and their biggest release thus far not meeting expectations have resulted in a very, very nice showing for the fans.

All conferences should be like this, fuck celebrities and social media.

I am also now fully expecting Sony to prepare the money-bags in response to this.

In response to a Platinum exclusive? They'll just throw their heads back and laugh. All of P+'s efforts range from "gigabomba" to "moderate" success, with the later pulling most of their numbers on non-microsoft systems. Just be glad they still get work.

):

• Thumbs Up 1

Sony is already co-developing a game with a Japanese behemoth.

From-Software-1-610x330.jpg

Hold on to your pants tonight.

True I guess.

But the style of games are totally different

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I'm sure Sony are quaking in their boots from the 12 extra sales from Scalebound.  I don't particularly care about it, but I think Project Beast will be more succesful for them than Scalebound will be for Microsoft. Dark Souls 2 did quite well in the west, didn't it?

I haven't watched the conference, but going by what I've read, there's nothing that makes me need the console yet, which makes me happy.

The Halo Collection and Halo Anniversary is nice, but it wasn't exactly a secret any more. Seems to be a great value, though.

Never played Phantom Dust, but it's cool to see them going back to older IPs. Crackdown 3, too, though I've played the first one.

The two screens I've seen of Ori look very nice, too.

When I saw people at GAF freaking out over Conker, I got really excited. Seems like it was just Project Spark, but that game does seem interesting.

Can't say much about Scalebound, as I've only seen a picture of the main character. I thought he looked lame. But, I really like Bayonetta and Okami, so I'll see how this turns out. Could be really cool.

Dead Rising 3 DLC has a hilarious name and it seems like it'll be crazy. Never played a game in the series, though, so I don't have much to say.

I hope the co-op in Assassin's Creed doesn't get in the way and I can mostly work alone.

Scalebound and Sunset Overdrive (potentially Crackdown as well depending on how much they've learned since the sequel) alone are really the only exclusive games on the next gen boxes that have proved to be any interesting to me, so right now Microsoft have a clear advantage when it comes to my wallet. Not an advantage to the point that I'm going to fork out money for a new box, but an advantage nonetheless.

It was a good show on Microsoft's part, and Phil Spencer is the best thing that's happened to the company. They just need some more surprises, and need to show more bigger hitters. I'm not going to buy either a PS4 or a Xbone this year or even a majority of the next. Seeing how Kamiya just got off of TW101, Scalebound probably isn't that far in development, but quality is that man's M.O., and TW101 became easily one of the best games I've ever played so he can take his time. Regardless, if this momentum on Microsoft's part can be maintained I might just consider jumping onto this box if I can find a good deal for it. Amazing how much of a turnaround they've done in recent months.

I'm sure Sony are quaking in their boots from the 12 extra sales from Scalebound.  I don't particularly care about it, but I think Project Beast will be more succesful for them than Scalebound will be for Microsoft. Dark Souls 2 did quite well in the west, didn't it?

They'll both probably sell well enough for those involved to be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

...I didn't expect that from Microsoft. They did a really good job, they had a lot of amazing-looking games, and they really got me hyped. (TOMB RAIDER 2)