Awoo.

Bloodborne (PS4) "To Byrgenwerth we go!"

Badnik Mechanic

They honestly haven't been spot on a lot. And From already confirmed a patch that'll fix load times and game performance, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Man I don't know what to do now. I really want to get it on PC especially after hearing that the game struggles to run at a smooth framerate but there's the chance it won't ever come out.

Good points on the Sony funding. Though, didn't Titanfall get picked up by Microsoft and ended up having a PC port? I know we will probably never get an Xbox One port but according to the IGN video, the leaks have been right on the target before.

Bro.

It's co-developed by Sony Japan Studios. It's exclusive. It will forever be exclusive. 

People really need to let this go.

• Thumbs Up 7

Man I don't know what to do now.

You get Bloodborne on PS4 or you get nothing.

Let's not derail the thread with the desperate hopes of the PC fanboys grasping at straws.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know why people always get their hopes up about a PC port, especially when we are looking at the fact that a lot of Sony exclusives usually don't get ported to other consoles. I know it sucks (especially when two of the games you are most excited for are coming to both PS4 and XB1 only, gahh) but the fact that it was co-deved by Sony Japan Studios pretty much buries the chance of it ever coming to PC. (Unless Sony is like herpty derp we are gonna do it for no reason herp de der- sure)

I just helped a friend set up his new PS4. It was the Bloodborne pack, which meant he got to play the game earlier than me despite me having the system for a year already. I was not amused ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Character creator looks tons of fun tho. I wonder how much... creativity it allows compared to past Souls games.

ibrQfbQPkQekYY.jpg

Good times.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just helped a friend set up his new PS4. It was the Bloodborne pack, which meant he got to play the game earlier than me despite me having the system for a year already. I was not amused ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Character creator looks tons of fun tho. I wonder how much... creativity it allows compared to past Souls games.

ibrQfbQPkQekYY.jpg

Good times.

Fear not

CA4_XD3XEAAJnJU.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got to play this today, despite some distractions. I am really enjoying it. I beat the first boss who sadly did give me some trouble lol, not sure how many times I died before I just yolo'd my way through it.

Played for about 2 and a half hours tonight, got up to the first boss once but didn't beat it yet.  Well, first things first, holy mother fucking SHIT is this game hard.  I've been playing a ton of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls to prepare myself for it, and let me tell you, I was not ready for this.

With that out of the way, this game is shaping up to be a true return from Miyazaki.  Not only are the graphics and art direction absolutely gorgeous, but the gameplay is filled with improvements and all sorts of interesting new features to make Bloodborne stand on its own whilst still keeping true to the spirit of the first two Souls games.  Stuff like the streamlined health system mapped to its own button, a way more meaningful torch than DS2, and the cool new staggering mechanics are great revisions.  But the best part?  The weapons.  Put simply, the weapons (or at least the one I chose, the saw) are absolutely kickass.  It's probably the most hideously satisfying melee combat I've ever experienced.  The enemies react to your weapons beautifully, and the new charge move, holy crap, it makes you feel like the goddamn man.

And on top of all that, the atmosphere is great.  After the unimpressive DS2, it's obvious that Miyazaki has yet again worked his magic and crafted something special.  Yarnham and the Hunter's Dream both ooze personality, and I'm stoked to see what comes next.  In short, I'm glad I got a PS4 for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm on my way to the third boss now. The Kirkhammer is an extremely satisfying weapon to use.

Loving every minute of this game.

What attribute/class did you guys pick? I went with the loner.

Violent Past with the two handed ax.

Edit - Surprised to see people have trouble with Gascoigne. He was fun as fuck to fight and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, but I beat him.

I hit a bit of a roadblock at the 2nd lamp.

Because it's a pretty long ass stretch to the next one and there's giant mobs of enemies in between and fucking werewolf things on the bridge.

I was like "there has to be an easier way".

So I get to exploring and I find a note on the ground that said:

"wondrous secret path" or something like that.

I sat there thinking "he's either fucking with me, or he's a lifesaver, either way I have nothing to lose" so I start breaking shit looking for a path.  Suddenly I notice that a nice chunk of fence is missing.  I jump down through it and hightail it to wherever this path is taking me and all of a sudden I unlock a shortcut back at the 2nd lamp.

giphy1.gif

I didn't get very far honestly, but I feel like I just climbed a mountain, so shut up.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I went with the soldier class and the saw cleaver.  Focusing mainly on leveling up strength and vitality.

Anyways, I pushed on further last night and finally beat the first boss after like ten tries.  Had to use molotov cocktails near the end because this guy is fucking NUTS.  However, I noticed in this fight and a few enemy encounters something that worries me a bit: some of the enemies have a nasty habit of hitting you repeatedly before you can get up.  I definitely felt this was happening near the last bit of the boss battle, and I hope it's not a common occurrence.

Played super briefly last night and about to jump on now. The gf and I decided to spend like 854902 hours in the character creator for funsies lmao.

Went with the Troubled Childhood and the cane (it's transformation into a chain whip is the most goddamn awesome thing). Kiiiinda was confused on how the game is working (is it like a hub world like Demons Souls or something, is that what is happening here?), but anyway kinda stumbled around the first area a until I died and then went off to bed.

I'm a pretty seasoned Dark Souls fan, but it's awesome that this game kinda brought out the feeling I had when I played them for the first time. It feels new and exciting and part of the appeal is figuring out the new mechanics. Seems to be heavy on staggering from what the ground note things are telling me which I could not be more excited for. Other than all that the art is great, the more flashier and speedy combat is a plus, and can't wait to dive in a little deeper.

The only thing I'm unsure about is if I should start over since I'm not sure if I chose the best class for being a stamina dps beast. Here's to hoping there's some fist weapon types like the other games <3

Surprisingly solid framerate coming from FROM, tho there seems to be a bug in the way the frames are queued up that may cause stutters. Wonder if they'll fix that in a patch, shouldn't be too hard as other games had it corrected.

Game's just incredible. Incredible. Literally the only bad thing about it are the unusually long load times and those are likely getting fixed soon.

I haven't even made it to the first boss. Gonna take my time exploring and mastering the combat system to the best of my ability.

Went with the Troubled Childhood and the cane (it's transformation into a chain whip is the most goddamn awesome thing). Kiiiinda was confused on how the game is working (is it like a hub world like Demons Souls or something, is that what is happening here?), but anyway kinda stumbled around the first area a until I died and then went off to bed.

Yeah, I was going to pick the Saw but after reading the description for the Cane there was no contest. Press L1 for CASTLEVANIA mode? I am SO in.

Seems like the city is an interconnected world like Dark but you also get a Nexus-like home hub that's separate from the city.

The only thing I'm unsure about is if I should start over since I'm not sure if I chose the best class for being a stamina dps beast. Here's to hoping there's some fist weapon types like the other games <3

All the class selection does is sort your starting stats in different configurations (I checked, they all have 60 allocated points expect Waste of Skin which has 54 because it's 6 levels behind). You'll be fine with whatever you picked, just build from there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Surprisingly solid framerate coming from FROM, tho there seems to be a bug in the way the frames are queued up that may cause stutters. Wonder if they'll fix that in a patch, shouldn't be too hard as other games had it corrected.

Game's just incredible. Incredible. Literally the only bad thing about it are the unusually long load times and those are likely getting fixed soon.

I haven't even made it to the first boss. Gonna take my time exploring and mastering the combat system to the best of my ability.

Yeah, I was going to pick the Saw but after reading the description for the Cane there was no contest. Press L1 for CASTLEVANIA mode? I am SO in.

Seems like the city is an interconnected world like Dark but you also get a Nexus-like home hub that's separate from the city.

All the class selection does is sort your starting stats in different configurations (I checked, they all have 60 allocated points expect Waste of Skin which has 54 because it's 6 levels behind). You'll be fine with whatever you picked, just build from there.

That first boss was like "Welcome to Bloodborne... BITCH!" for me. Even after figuring out how it attacks, he was still a bitch for me to beat. I thought I would have shit under control and then I'd be running away desperately trying to heal. Eventually I beat the bastard and it felt good... It felt REALLY FUCKING GOOD. 

And I went with the Saw, I haz no regrets. It's crazy how this game constantly reminds me not to get too comfortable with my surroundings because I found myself in some pretty stupid situations that killed me if I hadn't gotten so cocky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165TuLqzlEQ

bloodborne-_nic_cage-600x449.jpg

Nicolas Cage

bloodborne_thornberry-600x337.jpg

Nigel Thornberry

bloodborne_joker-600x337.jpg

The Joker.

... .. ... I really want to play this game....

• Thumbs Up 5

I have made it to the second boss fight, unfortunately I died and will have to try again tomorrow because its kind of late and I have work (sux...). This fuckers aim is on point as fuck.

Yeah decided just to roll with it and now it's not that big of a dealeo.

Took me awhile to get to the boss since I wound up finding the sewer area first thanks to exploring the hidden pathways first. I wouldn't have minded much if they allowed you to level up before fighting the boss, so that's probably my only gripe with the game so far. Doesn't matter if you win or lose, but you need to at least fight the Cleric Beast once before you're able to alter your stats, therefor other than buying the next armor up, blood/souls or whatever currency seems largely pointless.

Anyway the boss was pretty damn tough but was a lot of fun. Took a lot of patience and persistence, and largely reminded me of The Pursuer fight in Dark Souls 2 (if you choose to do so early on that is). Found out early on there's a way to get a good chunk of his health down and felt pretty badass doing so haha.

Got settled with how the game mechanics seem to work with the nexus-like hub and the only-consumable health potion option. This choice in giving the player health is definitely going to make this game balls to the wall hard but I'm looking forward to it. The balance of allowing you to gain some HP back after getting hit by slamming your enemy back is nice, though I often find it hard to get the whole hit back without just getting hit again, totally negating my efforts, but that's the way the game goes.

Lastly I'm sure it gains a bit more as the game goes on, but not finding a single weapon other than the torch (hardly a weapon) so far is pretty boring. Love that cane but I'm ready to try some new things.

I saw that there's this mechanized forearm contraption with a giant hookshot point tip that juts out after a charge and I neeeeeeed that shit haha

Excited to play more tomorrow, though other than the sewers not really sure on where you're supposed to go after the boss but that's part of the fun too

Just beat the Blood-starved Beast. 

This fuckin game is gonna top Demon's for me. I can feel it.