Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

No, not Arkham. Arkham's fun, but holy shit, it's automated and about as deep as a kiddie pool. It's the snack food of combat systems.

:V

I was going to say Arkham as well, but I guess I'll say something different since everyone and their dog has already said it.

Best Combat - Mega Man Star Force

"Solkia is fucking stupid, I swear" - Everyone

But really, it took everything I disliked about Batttle Network and Improved it. The buster is no longer useless, You can guard if you catch yourself in a bad spot, weapon selection isn't this moronic letter system bullshit, swords are no longer useless thanks to the Mega Attack, etc.

It's just a really fucking fun battle system that I always enjoy going back to.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 17: Armored Core

ac.png

Armored Core is the only game series where I can spend more than 70% the time in menus and actually enjoy it. The depth of customization in these games is exquisite. Between balance, weight and energy consumption among other factors and choices, your build is really more than the sum of its parts. There is an art and science to finding the harmony of a good build for each situation. What's more important- range or speed? Attack power or attack rate? Defense or detection? Hell, even the cost of ammo is part of the decision. Between that and the ability to name, paint, decorate and even provide an emblem for your machine, what you create is not just a fighting machine, but a fighting personality. The missions in these games tend to be quite difficult, so the first time you put together a really good and versatile mech and defeat another pilot that's been giving you a hard time it feels a billion times more satisfying because you didn't just pilot the victorious machine, you designed it. It's hard for me to pick which game is the best, as each generation has gone in a fairly different direction. Armored Core 3 and Silent Line have the strongest balance and system design and are the most accessible to newcomers. For Answer has the most liberating and graceful gameplay and the best looking combat, but for combat depth I have to give it to Verdict Day. It's a bit bloated and the online community is all but dead, but the variety of parts is impeccable and the introduction of programmable AIs adds an extra dimension of thought to customization and combat. Plus, the Ultimate Weapons are fucking awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 17! Best combat!

This one is quite tricky since I haven't played many games that focused a lot on combat. But I think this is one that I enjoyed the most of the few I have played, and it's Bioshock!

hqdefault.jpg

Besides your usual arsenal of weaponry (pistol, machine gun, grenade launcher and the super effective wrench), the plasmids are a great addition and can be very useful when used in conjunction with weapons and the environment. For example, puddles of water + electricity = massive damage! Or how about the brilliant electricity + wrench to the head = one hit KO? Couple that with the various upgrades for your plasmids and you've got yourself some great powers! Also, they are all really fun to use and can definitely come in handy when you're low on ammo or want to spice up the gameplay. ..and of course solve puzzles and stuff! I think the only Plasmids I didn't use very often were the bee swarm and floor trap ones, but other than those two each one is really good and adds to the already exciting gameplay of Bioshock.

And let me tell you, they're SO much better than Vigors!

• Thumbs Up 2

My favourite combat system has to be that from

memory-card-mario-luigi-superstar-saga-L

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Mostly because... well, it's absurdly and yet amazingly simple: Mario does things with A, Luigi does things with B, when they need to do a thing together they use A and B alternatively or simultaneously.

Be precise, and you'll obtain amazing results in battles. Mess up, and you'll still have a good laugh.

tumblr_n21400gYKc1rrftcdo1_250.gif

tumblr_n21400gYKc1rrftcdo2_500.png

Seriously.

This system is also the perfect exercise to test your hand-eye coordination (well, every videogames test hand-eye coordination in a way or another... but I think this is the best)

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 17: Best Combat

I actually have a couple but for the sake of not repeating Okami AGAIN! ill cut it down

Wonderful 101

This is similar to okami, as you have to draw things to give you better attacks and weapons, but I do like how you can draw something and press a button and the wonderful ones will separate and perform the action without you, meaning you can chain them and have about 3 or 4 unite morphs hammering down on the enemies at once! I just think its a really unique system and it is real fun, fast paced action!

Mario & Luigi Series

I like the combat from all of the M&L games, like FearTear said, it is remarkably simple and easy, yet does manage to gain some depth to it. Each game adds something new to the combat system, although I havent yet played Dream Team. The combat system was one of the reasons I love the M&L series so much, especially Superstar Saga. I swear it is possible to play through the entire game without getting hit once if your good enough.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Batman: Arkham games...

As Catwoman.

batmanarkhamcity199catwoman-kicking-boot

Batman may have the advantage as far as amount of content and gadgets go, but on the combat side of things, Catwoman just steals the show in Arkham City. Catwoman is like the "clawed ballerina" to Batman's brutish brawler. She moves with agility and finesse, taking out enemies much faster than The Dark Knight, with much more fun animations to stare at in awe. Despite having less gadgets to her name, slashing enemies with her vicious whip is as fun as ever, and spamming the tripping Bolas makes for a jolly good time.

This is the perfect way to handle alternate playable characters in any video game. Fundamentally, she has the same controls and fighting style as Batman, but has her own pros and cons to make her feel vastly different as a playable character. Rocksteady has already proved they're more than capable of juggling other characters being playable,so here's hoping that they might give the opportunity to play as The Bat family and more in the upcoming Arkham Knight.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a tricky one since I haven't played that many games that focus heavily on combat.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Team Fortress 2, mainly since its one of the few Multiplayer games that I follow the competitive scene of (I dont actually play competitive). The gameplay is very fluent, and each class offers a unique plausible, and the focus on teamwork makes each class a valuable asset, both to the team, and also each other, since they each help enhance each others strengths, but also cover their weaknesses, making each class very specialized. This helps keep the game simple, but still deep when it comes to team composition and exploiting your classes strengths to their fullest and performing your role for the better of your team.

Day 17: Favorite Combat System

batman-arkham-asylum.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum has a really good one. I like it because it's simple enough for you to learn it very quickly, but there's enough depth to keep it all interesting. Mainly, I like it because it's just super satisfying. It's designed so that you can fight multiple opponents at once, and there is a good sense of weight behind your punches and kicks. The way your foes crumple and ragdoll around is hilarious too, so that adds to it. It also feels really grounded, which I like. You can dodge but it never feels like it's floaty. Again, that sense of weight is important. 

It's as fun to beat up the mentally ill roaming all over Arkham Asylum as it is to do in real life.

I was gonna say Bayonetta but I'm too shit

Day 17: "It's supposed to hurt, it's an ass-kickin'!"

(I'm sorry, I still somewhat like this movie a little even though it was disappointing)

ANYWAYS, to answer today's question, this one's kinda tough for me since I've played a lot of fighting games, but I gotta give it up to this game...

Street-Fighter3-ThirdStrike.jpg

REN'S FAVORITE COMBAT/FIGHTING SYSTEM: STREET FIGHTER III: THIRD STRIKE

Let's get it on.

Street Fighter III is one of the entries that most casual street fighter fans tend to overlook, and, before the release of the Online version, it kinda stayed that way...which is a shame, since Third Strike, the final rendition in the SF3 series, is probably one of the greatest fighting games ever. The cast of characters may be unfamiliar to a lot of people, but that only makes things better to be honest. SF3 has some of the coolest originals in the series, and, as a result, some of the greatest variety in play styles in a fighter of its size.

Now, what makes Third Strike different from other Street Fighter games? For one, the engine was modified so that technique becomes absolutely vital. Button mashers beware...you probably won't get that far without reading your opponent. This game series, if I remember correctly, also introduced the "selecting a Super" mechanic, where you have to pick ONE Super and stick with it, adding more strategy to not waste your meter.

The BIGGEST addition, which became a massive game-changer, was the parry. Now, what is a parry? Instead of blocking normally, which gives you chip damage, parrying requires the player to tap forward (at the right moment) and completely deflect the attack for zero damage, thus granting the option for a powerful punish. Sounds cheap, but in reality, it's SERIOUSLY difficult. You're only given a split second of grace or else you'll be eating a face full of fist. Those who can master this advanced technique can use it to their advantage and completely turn a match around.

Now, remember when I said a split second? I mean a split second. There really isn't that much leeway for parries. It's a really advanced tactic that beginners shouldn't try willy nilly.

Now...what I want you to do now...is watch the following video. If you haven't seen it, then you'll see why I put so much emphasis on parrying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ

Remember, I said that parrying has a really tiny window of grace. Daigo parried every...single...hit...of Justin Wong's super and followed up with a finishing combo. This was in the ORIGINAL 3rd Strike, where you couldn't adjust the window of time. Hailed by many as the greatest moment in competitive fighting game history, EVO Moment 37 is the PERFECT example that shows how technical 3rd Strike is.

Hell, this moment is so grand, that in the Online Edition Re-Release, Capcom themselves put not one, but TWO combo trials based JUST on that ending combo (one without all the parries, and one WITH all the parries.

Since its release in 1999, Third Strike became one of the longest lasting fighting games in the competitive circuit, and for a good reason. The game actually celebrated its 15th birthday a few days ago, so this was juts about the perfect time to gush about how awesome it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 18-Best Combat

devilmaycry4.jpg

Stylish Action-Especially Devil May Cry 3 and 4

Was there ever any doubt? Not to say that no other combat styles can even compare, but the systems they had in the Devil May Cry series, and related titles such as Bayonetta, let you kill things with style and grace; complete with a fast pace. No button mashing works here, well unless you play easy automatic like a baby. You can be as conservative or wild as you want, it's not particularly required that you do crazy things, but it's encouraged with the scoring system that gives you more points, and consequently more red orbs, by taking things out by mixing up what you do and escalating the action as you lay into demons. Dante's extra styles in 3 and 4 made it even nuttier, especially with the likes of Royal Guard where you can negate all damage done to you and hurl it back two-fold.

I was going to be controversial until I got reminded that Worms was a thing.

Worms_2_Game_play.jpg

Worms

On the surface, Worms is extremely simple; you are controlling a team of worms on a 2D map. Use the team of worms to fight other teams of worms with your available arsenal. What makes this combat so enthralling are the nuances and tactics that can spring forth from random placements of personnel/items and unpredictable consequences from prior actions. Attack and defence can switch between each other for the favourable strategy based on just one worm's choice. A whole spectrum of powerful and strange weapons aid you in your bid for conquest, so you can launch a lethal air strike, send a super sheep to hunt down a particularly annoying opponent, or even win a match with a little poke. Combine this with the Worms brand of surreal and over the top humour, and you have a great combat system that makes for great replayability.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really enjoy the bosses in games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario. I think Super Smash Bros. has my favourite combat, as it's a souped up version of this with multiplayer capability.

Like everyone else I enjoy Smash for being a crossover, but I'd still really enjoy the gameplay if it was all-new characters. Project M is my favourite way to play due to the quick pace and the incredible roster (including everyone from both games aside from Pichu), even though I don't know anything about L-cancelling or wavedashing.

I enjoy the wide variety of moves available in the game, the sheer power you feel from knocking another player across a large stage with a single slash of a sword is just so exhilarating.

Fighting Vipers is an ace game in terms of combat - sending your opponents flying around the arena in a mess of punches and kicks is some of the most fun you can have in any fighting game. Special mention to Soul Calibur II, a game I've been playing lately that's extremely fun in the combat department too.

Hmmm...admittedly, the only games that come to mind where the combat is one of the most important part is superhero games. Well, and technically RPGs, I suppose, but there's one or two of those I'd rather give an honourable mention to rather than my main answer. So with that in mind...

928335_20050815_790screen004.jpg

Spider-Man

(the games in general really, just using Ultimate as the picture because it's the one I talk about most in this post)

Combat in Spidey games tends to be fairly simple in theory, but some can be fairly complex in just how many options you have in punches & kicks. The first of the Raimi movie-based games has a TON of different combos based on the order you press the punch and kick buttons, and most games follow that to an extent.

However, I actually prefer the combat in the games that are more simplified, interestingly enough. Ultimate Spider-Man, for example, doesn't have a huge number of combos, you basically just have some simple ones, alongside other standard Spider-Man abilities using your webs. Also you can essentially do a homing attack by punching or kicking in the air. That one's one of the most useful attacks in the game, especially against certain bosses. Anyway, it's fairly simple compared to other Spider-Man games, but I think it was for the better in some ways. Plus, when fighting a group of criminals, there's strategy in that you have to take them out quickly if you don't want to end up swarmed. The best method is to switch from one enemy to the next with each hit. Why? Because when you do that, Spidey's attacks increase in power. It's very satisfying to pull off, and I think there's at least one class of gang members where you have to do that to damage them.

If it's one thing I miss compared to some other Spider-Man games, it's a spider sense->dodging mechanic. Ultimate Spider-Man does have Spider Sense, but instead of dodging based on specific attacks you literally just...jump. Oh well, sort of adds to the challenge I guess without a "counter" move.

Then there's Shattered Dimensions where there's a lot of unlockable attacks and such, but I'd say it wasn't overfilled with random combo attacks you'll probably never use 90% of the time, so that's nice. Whenever you did unlock something new, it was almost always something I ended up actually using!

Honourable Mentions

• Paper Mario (original & TTYD): Turn-based RPG, sure, but depending on your timing and/or button mashing abilities, your attacks could deal more damage than they would normally. I dunno, I think it's awesome. And some of the moves can be pretty challenging to master...
  • Mega Man Zero (or even just playing as Zero in a few of the X games where that's a thing): Sure a Buster is great and all, but using a SWORD in Mega Man is badass. Yes, that's my only reasoning for this one. Well, it also makes things a bit more challenging at times? Kind of?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 17: Favorite Combat System

Dark Souls 2

hhn3h9xlne9keaxosw62.gif

Just, HGNNNN, I LURB DARK SEWLS

This game is aaaaaall about the combat, and aside from it's controller-throwing difficulty reputation, it's insanely popular and loved for it's awesome combat, and it's not hard to see why. Dark Souls 2 is basically the same as the first games but with some tweaks to help enhance the experience a bit. I'm more over a fan of the original game's level design amongst other things I believe, but the sequel definitely has the upper hand in the combat department.

In the series in general, all of your movement has some real feeling weight behind it. Every weapon you swing, how you move, and the whole works just feels extremely good and like you're in control. Mistakes way more often than not feel like your own fault, and that's awesome.

What I love though is Dark Souls 2's super ability to just wreck havoc with any weapon/s your heart desires. Dual wield some daggers? Sure. FF-esque giant great swords, one in each hand even; maybe even a wand or two as backup? You bet. /Dual wielding sheilds/??? Yes pls. Seriously just about any combination of weapon types you like can be equipped, and better yet can be a valid playing style. What's so awesome about Dark Souls combat in general is that most weapons seem like they can be tweaked enough to your personal desire and be completely viable in the game to survive with. It's all dependent on how good /you/ are, which I like so much.

I'm actually a super fan of extremely fast and nimble-like fighting in video games, but Dark Souls is just that good. Not to say it's /slow/, but definitely not the most flashy thing in existence, and that's totally fine. If anyone hasn't tried these games yet, I totally urge anyone to. Once you get a grasp on how the game functions, it really is hard to put it down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 17: Best Combat:

Fighting games/video games with heavy combat just isn't my cup of tea when it comes to video games, but there was just something about this game:

mG8ASra.jpg?1

...that proved to be an exception. Brawl's expansive, colorful, and diverse cast made it very inviting to play the game and once you get started, it is so easy to get into, and that says a lot coming from a "gamer" like me to tends to struggle getting the hang of things with the controls especially. Having 4 opponents throwing down simultaneously makes the battle that much more hectic, challenging, and fun. When you consider the large variety of moves, abilities, and items used for all the characters beyond the basics such as punching and kicking, the possibilities for diversity and fun are just endless. There is something about knocking your opponent off a ledge or better yet, blowing them into oblivion. wink.png

8zXXimQ.jpg?1

1GXrs4L.gif?1

The way these guys pulverize one another during the battles with the Final Smash tends to be pretty creative for each character on top of being fun...Especially Kirby's laugh.png

EfClWhn.jpg?1

It's addictive too. I remember the first time I played Brawl. Normally I get tired of playing a video game after 15 minutes, mainly due to me being frustrated with the controls or the game just being too hard for me. But when I played Brawl, it was so easy to get into with the controls and I had so much fun playing it that I played it for several hours straight. I couldn't put it down as I was that hooked! happy.png

Runner-up for Best Combat IMO goes to the Werehog stages in Sonic Unleashed:

ASf1Rwq.jpg?1

While I strongly feel that this type of gameplay was very unfitting for a Sonic game, I won't deny that on occasion that it was nice to go around punching and beating up things as the Werehog, especially with the skills, abilities and powers to go along with it.happy.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Day Numbero 17: Noir's Awakening: Ninja's "Featuring real combat unlike Kamis sissy Slap Fight" Favourite Combat System Ever!

and of course that Honor goes to....

Bayonetta_box_artwork.png

NRSKEm8.jpg

OYqWr7P.jpg

Stingers, Launchers, Million Stabs, Styles, Parries, Fly Me to the Moon, Devils Never Cry, Rules of Nature, this is the Kind of shit I Love

so of course, my Pick goes to these three games, as I mentioned before, Character Action Games are some of my Favourite types of Games. I love the feel they give you of being a near untouchable Juggernaut who has to fear noone, and has to be feared.

Just the Feel of executing a perfect Combo onto a entire Swarm of enemies, without getting hit once, Taking down a Giant monstrosity by swining it overhead and Suplexing it, or Facing off against a Boss who uses your tactics against you, and These Three games have just that.

DMC3 and Bayonetta both have that Huge variety of combos at their Disposal and a large amount of crazy weapons to execute said Weapons, while Revengeance features an Awesome Sword Mechanic in the Form of Zandatsu an in general a Great Polish in its Sword Mechanics, plus the usual Insanity expected from a Studio like Platinum while all three of those games feature Great fast paced Combat thats satisfaying to Learn and Master.

Honorable Mention goes to the Super Smash Bros Series (for having a simple, yet very fun take on Fighting games), Pokemon (for, while being standart RPG's still feature a fairly indepth and startegical style of Online Battling) and the Mario RPG's (or their interactive Take on the RPG formula and their great cast of characters).

• Thumbs Up 4

It doesn't look like I'll get a whole lot of time for this, so this entry is going to be kind of short. But anyway, my personal favorite combat comes from these two games right here;

Paper-Mario-Box-Art-540x378.jpg

8379.jpg

Yeah, I know. On the surface, the turn-based combat in both of these games is pretty damn simple. Note that I said; on the surface. However, for a lot of the tougher enemies in the game, you really have to have some kind of strategy - what badges to put on, what partners to switch to, what moves to ultimately use. Not to mention that all the attacks have timed button presses that can make them stronger - and that can be the thing that makes the difference between your victory and your defeat.

• Thumbs Up 6

well.. I am not much of a combat person, and stink at fighting, but the best fighting styles for me are....

SSBM (not to be confused with SSMB which has a "fighting" style of it's own inventions)

I love Fighting in Smash Brothers Brawl! I love the final smashes (Cheap? well,yeah, If I could actually get my hedgehog hands on a smash ball I could fight just fine!), the humorus animation (that face when a character gets hit? yeah... LOL!) and don't forget the repetitive attacks you could use!  (yes, and as you can see, I take adavntage of what people may consider "cheap" fighting, but honestly, it is my only chance at winning!!)

despite the negativity it can receive, this game really packs a punch in the fun arena (pun totally intended) and to me that is all that matters! A game should be challenging, but fun! so that is why I love that game there :).

I also love any fighting in any Kirby Game!!

Kirby is just super cute adorable and the ability to copy the enemie's skills is just super cute! I seriously love it!! 

and lastly... Zelda games!!

I love the techniques that are used in the games, but the Ocarina of time and Majora's mask Still stand at the top for me.and that awesome Flip thing Link does when jumping from place to place in Majora's mask is awesome!  But I really enjoy the use of the "Z" target ("L" target or whatever kids call it these days :P ) Because I like the ability to focus on the enemy. back with the N64 it was a real issue when fighting bosses that you had to change your view constantly (and I know that is not the topic of the day, but DK64 has the WORST viewing system EVER!!! *ahem*). The fighting in that game took some skill, but was enjoyable to play :).

• Thumbs Up 3

It said best Combat and not Combat system, I think..sooooo

Day 17: Bestu Combatto

No_More_Heroes.png

That's right, Bizarre Jelly 5!

Okay, psych, but a cookie if you get the reference. It's the first game, (while dual wielding is a speedy blast) it has better looking weapons that fit what they do and better wrestling moves as well.

While combat is button-mashy being a hack-n-slash. You get the all-satisfying headslash via wii remote slash. Which is great in giving that oomph. What's better is if you slash in the same direction again, you can do more damage. (And get more gory. Cos' more blood-gushing-fountains is what this game needs. It's simple but does enough to keep you involved. But the Low/high swords stance hides some surprising depth in how one tackles enemies

There's also the dark side move which I accidentally do which gets behind an enemy to get a few slashes in. Handy for bosses. And back to wrestling, if sometimes the slash does'nt do damage enough for those tankers, you can body-smack em' around using Travis' wrestling skills. It simulates this by asking you swing in similar directions to the move itself using both nunchuck and wiimote. Again, simple but gives you unf you need in slaughter.

And the power-ups you get when the slot reel(after kills) comes together.  You can turn SUPER SAIYAN and kill using button prompts. You can hyper-sugar-levels and run super sanic speeds and slash like crazy. Or Strawberry on the shortcake which is a room clearing blast. In the sequel, you can even turn into a MOFO TIGER! And the names of em' are kickass. And Tasty. That's always important.

And the 100-man kill mission in this game...aaahhhh, so very stress-relieving. I'll shut up now.

The Best Combat

I'll have to go with Kingdom Hearts on this one.

646px-Defeat-Sephiroth-in-Kingdom-Hearts

For me, Kingdom Hearts has the ideal combat system that I enjoy playing and looking at. I feel like I have a lot of control when I fight. I can do a ground combo, I can guard, I can do magic, I can summon, I can do all these things at will and in real time. I like that the combat is fast paced, it makes the fights very thrilling and encourages to think on your feet. If I screw up and get hit, it's most likely my fault for not dodging at the right time. This is the game that made me fall in love with Action RPGs, and it is my most favorite genre. Kingdom Hearts 2 expands on this with the very helpful dash attack, Drive Forms, etc. I've yet to finish Birth By Sleep and I'm eager to play Dream Drop Distance.

I don't play very many action games and the only fighter I play is Smash Bros, so I'm having a difficult time coming up with an answer.

Smash Bros's combat is simply amazing. I mean that quite literally. It gives you a limited set of mechanics to work with and all of which are very simple to use, but it takes alot of skill to master it. You have to know the right time to use various combonations of tilts, smashes aireals, specials and defensive techniques in order to master it. Its also impressive that the game gives you so many options to play. There are so many different possibilities with Smash and I love it.

Another system I like is Kingdom Hearts. I've only gotten into this series very recently and I'm not very far into each entry I've played, but KH's combat is very fun to use. It takes a while for each combat system to gain some variety and depth, but when it does eventually pick up I have a blast. The combat in this series is its main draw because unfortunatly there isnt much else to be attracted to in the series

Not going into too much detail on this one as I'm quite tired, and this would have just ended up being an honourable mention if everyone hadn't mentioned Bayonetta and the Batman Arkham games. So not going to talk about those again as both of them have been covered quite a lot.

g8sgEMc.png

I spoke about MadWorld a couple of days ago and mentioned that it had some of my favourite moves out of anything I've played, but I feel it's worth mentioning again as it also fits for this question.

Typically I'm not a big fan of motion controls, but all of the moves you can pull off in MadWorld feel so natural and it makes you feel like you're doing something credible to back up the move that's happening on-screen. The controls never feel tacked on like a lot of motion controls do, and it's actually quite fun to use the Wiimote to pull them off. There's also so many combos you can pull off and the huge selection of finishing moves range between hilarious and downright awesome, and it never felt repetitive or boring at any point while playing through it.

The combat system is just done with real style and also has some of the more inventive moves out there, and it's not too far behind Bayonetta as my favourite Platinum game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mind if I do this for fun? I don't really want the badge but anyway

DAY 17: BEST COMBAT

EJUC7lz.gif

Persona 4 Arena

Even though I just picked up this game today, I love the combat in this!

The combat is so "in your face" and frantic. The controls are easy enough that a complete fighting game noob like me can at least pull off a 10 hit combo without resorting to button mashing.

There two attack buttons for your fighters and two attack buttons for your Persona which is where the combat gets interesting. Every character have a Persona which is different for everyone. Teddie's persona, for example, like to throw bombs, missiles, and even barrels so you can set up your traps to continue your combo or even stop your opponent's combo too!

Every fighters play differently too; Yu is your all round sword person, Chie is quick and agile, Naoto is perfect for keeping your opponents away.

Overall, If your looking for a good fighter, I strongly recommend Persona 4 Arena