Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

While there are a lot of games I could get nostalgic about (like a lot), I'll spare you the lengthy list and just name two.

Banjo Kazooie
I would've been 6 or 7 at the time, so I have very fond memories of this one. I remember making the Jigsaw piece you obtain from sliding down the snowman's scarf on Boggy's sled the absolute last piece I would get. I loved that. You could only do it once per game file, which made it special. 

The music and atmosphere was top notch too.

AOVMCwy.png

That of Click Clock Wood was particularly notable. There was a feeling of melancholy as you said goodbye to the eagle you'd been feeding worms to throughout the seasons. He was all grown up now, and he had to leave. I've always loved levels that incorporated seasons as well.

Persona 4

What a game. I went in blind and it blew me away. I played this in 2009, my second last year of high school. The bonds I was making with the characters in the game were analogous to the bonds I was making with my friends in real life. My time with Persona 4 was truly special, and something I'll never forget.

Edit: OKAY JUST ONE MORE

I just have to append this with a mention of Yoshi's Story. I adored it. Everything about it was so whimsical to my child eyes. I never actually owned it, but it was the one game I would hire over and over from the video shop.

• Thumbs Up 5

pfffft what is with those badges? they're hilarious.

Most Nostalgic game?

I'll go with Super Smash Bros.

You want to know how I met my best friend Broc?

"Hey is that Smash Bros you're talking about?"

"Yeah, I play it a lot!"

"Me too! MAybe we should hang out sometime."

And we've been friends ever since. There's plenty of other games that I share memories with him of like Custom Robo, Donkey Konga, SA2:B, but none of them would have been that way if it wasn't for Smash Bros.

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 1 OF EATING NOSTALGIA!

Welcome to PRESIDENT CROW'S 30 DAYS OF VIDEO GAMES! I'll be your host as we go through some of CROW'S favorites in video games. I hope we can have fun celebrating video games and this time around it will be different for CROW. So let's boogy!

SMW20OST20Front_zpsd50e105d.jpg

Super Mario World!

Super Mario World was in my childhood and I remember it so fondly. Like it was always there when I visit the dentist, the place kids won't enjoy going to. I always seem to look forward to playing it and its always fun. But for some reason nobody ever got past the Donut Plains. I do remember a few things about it, namely the first levels but that's about it.

Now then to the future with this game. Now that I'm an adult, my tastes in games changed a lot over the years. But if there's anything that can cheer my up its this game. I've actually had this game on the GBA since around its release and I don't regret buying it. Since then I've been able to reach Bowser in record time and know a lot of its secrets. Whenever I start it up there's always this excitement I get from it. It really brings me back to happier, simpler times. And I gotta thank Nintendo for making this little game just for all the things I've said.

So with that said, UNTIL NEXT TIEM SSMB!

Day 1: Most Nostalgic game

Now, this is a tough one. When I think of the games I owned, beautiful or horrid, I always feel a little nostalgic. But, I think, if I had to choose just a few...I think I would choose these ones:

7IUAQoV.jpg

"Mickey Mania"(Playstation Version)

"Mickey Mania" is the first game I ever owned. Sure, I played some Mario Bros and Duck Hunt at my cousin's house back in 1996-1997, but the PlayStation was the first console I ever called "MINE". And what a game my father chose for me! Mickey Mania is a splendid game; even as a kid, I was able to recognize every cartoon the levels represented. "Steamboat Willie", "Moose Hunters", "The Prince and the Pauper" and "Lonesome Ghosts"...Sure, as a 9 years old child, I thought that Mickey was speaking in gibberish...when it was really English. But, hey, I started studying English in the 3rd grade, when I was 8 and my knowledge of the language was stupidly laughable.

0eAeAUU.jpg

Another one is Pokémon Crystal: the hours spent playing this game, battling my friends over a cable...fighting the Team Rocket, revisiting Kanto...and that final boss...not to mention how many years I waited before completing the Pokédex. 249 hours in 8 years. 8 YEARS. I can't help but feeling nostalgic.

Honorable mentions: Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic & Knuckles; the game that made a Sonic fan and the first Sonic game I ever played. Donald Duck in Quack Attack; a cute Disney game where Donald punches stuff, and PK; Out of Shadows, my first game for the PS2. Also, the first Spyro Trilogy, and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Oh, Yoshi's Island too.

Day 1 - Most Nostalgic Game

Spider-Man_and_Venom_Maximum_Carnage.jpg

I have fond memories of this game, it was one of the first Genesis game I have owned. I don't remember the exact date or if it was the first one but I remember that I LOVED playing this. I never got past the first level until this year but that's not the point, I enjoyed playing as Venom and beat the crap out of every single one. I was like, 6 when I first played this. I think. Quite enjoyable, and still a great game to this day.

only managed to beat it once last month but still great shut up

• Thumbs Up 1

pfffft what is with those badges? they're hilarious.

I'm cleaning them up right now, lol.

Most nostalgic game eh? Oh God so much to chose but being the mario fan I am it's a tie between super mario world oooooor

Welcome to Mario Kart!

Why this game? There are so many things that this game has done and a couple of weird things happened as well. This game was what introduced me into the kart racing genre and lead me to become a big fan of the mario kart series. This may not be my favorite installment but man do I remember all the countless hours I spent racing against my brother and cousins(and losing most of them grrrr) and when I thought that we beat the game it wasn't over there was extra mode aka mirror mode and boy was it hard especially toads turnpike seriously cars just deliberately just run into you and to make matters worse how the heck does the AI get items if they never go to the item boxes seriously what's up with that? Oh I can't really comment on 64's battle mode cause eh barely remember playing that mode it was either Mario Grand Prix or VS. This may not be my favorite mario kart game but its the one I have the most memories with ahhh good times. Oh and who can forget about the music damn!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have two entries for this one, but that's because they're so interwoven that I can't really pull them apart.

Okay, Sonic 2 was my first remembered game, but I was so young that it didn't have its repercussions until way later in life. So skip to November of 1999. The prior Christmas, our family got a Playstation One and it was the first console we got in a long time. Me and my sister we happy with the small selection we got with the console anyway (Rugrats: Studio Tour, Toy Story 2 and A Bug's Life), but it wasn't going to stay that way when, on my eighth birthday, I got...

Rreu.jpg

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer 

Spyro 2 was my first exposure to the real potential of what a 3D platformer could do. From the start, it was bright and colourful and attractive to the eye. I was excited to explore this fantasy world and control this small purple dragon. I picked up the game with ease and went through the levels with eagerness for the future surprises that awaited. My sister got her own birthday present at the end of the month, but I was having way too much fun with my game to care what she had. 

Nowadays, I do not struggle on the game nearly as much as I did back then (I was eight, remember). I could marathon it 100% with Spyro 1 and Spyro 3 in one sitting in way less than 24 hours (although that bastard Agent Zero is still annoying and remains the hardest thing about the entire trilogy). But I don't care if it's easy, it's fun to jump back right into the world I've known for years and blast through everything again. This is definitely the root of my collectathon love.

I mentioned that my sister got her own birthday present, right? After a few months of Spyro 2, I eventually decided that I wanted something else to do, and we came to an agreement to share our games with each other. And was it ever a great agreement. 

CrashTeamRacingNACover.png

Crash Team Racing

Oh boy. This game.

It was the first time I genuinely got hooked on a world for more than just pretty worlds to run through (sorry Tails, I still thought you were cute back then!). I grew attached to characters (Pura!), and I wanted to use them to make my own adventures and interpret their world as I saw fit. This world-building obviously looked nothing like the games since I wasn't privy to the trilogy that sparked the spin-off, but whatever, I had fun, and it set the foundation for a strange and turbulent history with both the Crash Franchise and Sonic franchise.

But thankfully that's a different tale. Crash Team Racing, even if I have mostly analysed it to death now (although there's still some tiny details I notice now and then that I didn't before), still holds up as a brilliant time filler. I know the controls like the back of my hand and have no trouble at all getting back into the thick of racing. Whether it's 100%'ing the easy Adventure mode or just having a good time with the Arcades, I can't say no to an occasional blast to the past if this is what's in store.

• Thumbs Up 2

1103361677-00.jpg

Aw hell yeah, this is still a game I love to play. Having a whole city to explore? Yiss.

OH YEAH. I knew I was forgetting another nostalgic game. This game was beast.

toejam-and-earl-surprising-santa.png        251452-toejam_and_earlfds.gif        tje7.gif

Like I said in the 30 Days of Sonic topic, my interest in console gaming started when we used to borrow a Mega Drive and games from my mum's place of work. One of these games was Toejam and Earl. I'd already developed an interest in top-down dungeon crawlers, having played Atic Atac on my dad's Spectrum, so it was very easy to get into. Like Sonic, it featured unique and appealing characters that could only emerge from the '90s. It also boasted extremely high replay value thanks to its randomly generated maps, large amount of items to play with and wide variety of enemies to avoid or "pop" (kill). My dad, sister and I spent many hours with its multiplayer mode, trying to survive long enough to complete all 25 levels and collect every ship piece. Unfortunately my sister would often quit by level 4, out of fear of the cupids... =P

EDIT: Oh and who could forget those funky beats?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd have to say one of this lot:

150262-Fantastic_4_(USA)-1.jpg

This was the first PS2 game I ever played. I dunno how well it holds up now, since my disc is scratched to hell, so lord knows if it's another victim of licensed game disease.

It totally is, lol. I remember playing this one years ago. It was really bad haha.

Hey, I'll give this a try, should be fun...

Hmm, most nostalgic? While I'm tempted to talk Sonic... I understand that's not the point of the topic, so I think I'll go with Ducktales on the NES. That was the joint back in the day and my sister and I played it near endlessly. I even used to make up songs to the tunes of the various levels (the Himalayas in particular, because my sister keeps reminding me of it--I was four, dammit). Having played the remake by WayForward recently (still need to find time to beat it), I think it's a game that holds up as a quality platformer after all these years, with some great level design and fun, easy to learn mechanics that make it easy to pick up, even if it's bogged down by some more annoying things such as all those cutscenes that interrupt the gameplay. I also appreciate the apparent streamlining WayForward put into the level progression... though I confess my memory isn't good enough to remember having to backtrack to Transylvania multiple times or anything, so I just take people's word for it that that happened.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is another classic game that I also have memories of playing with my sister a ton. This is pretty much our favorite game of all time. I learned a lot of the old tricks, such as hidden sections of levels and the flute locations, from my sister as well. I still like going back and playing it once in a while, especially on GBA. It's aged well, too, and even with having played it as much as I have, I still have trouble with certain sections in that "Nintendo Hard" sort of way. Actually, I don't think things have changed too much... with the exception of Sonic, I'm not exactly great at platformers and it takes quite a few tries for me to get through certain areas (though I hardly complain about cheapness, I ain't with that life) even when you consider how long I've been playing video games for. Go figure.

One more nostalgic game that comes to mind would probably be Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project. I'm a huge TMNT fan, and this was another one of those games I popped in all the time. My sister and I even did co-op when I was younger and even got to the Super Shredder at the end. Also, Mike Dooney's cover for the game is still one of the most iconic pieces of Turtles art that springs to mind for me--even if it follows the "Cover Always Lies" trope (there are no Triceratons in that game IIRC). I'm not sure how well it holds up today, but I know many hours of good times were had with this game... at least until Sonic came around and ruined my life. I doubt it'll ever see a re-release (even though the first game got one on Wii Virtual Console and Turtles in Time got a HD remake a few years ago before the Viacom buyout), so I might have to hunt down a ROM and give it another playthrough at some point. Just to see if it holds up as well as I'd hope.

Most Nostalgic Game:

1352783946_1397179661.jpg

Yep. Crash Bandicoot 2. I love this game, I used to play it all the time as a kid. I only got it again about 3 years ago, and boy did I have a good time remembering all of the fun I had, from the music on the first level, to the hologram heads in the warp-rooms, man everything was great. I love almost all the levels (except maybe the Jetpack ones.) Maybe I like Warped more, now. But I just don't get the same sense of nostalgia from it (I didn't play it as much would be the reason.)

I also have to make a shout for Crash Team Racing, which was just a blast to play at multi-player, heck even single-player was great fun in story-mode. I love the majority of the tracks, and the majority of the racers too.

I might have to go play some Crash Bandicoot games now, so if you'll excuse me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh...um...I'm torn between 2 games, but I think I'll pick one.

Most Nostalgic Game: Bonanza Bros - Megadrive

1072446955.jpg

It's simple yet addictive with co-op play and jazzy music that I love. The question was a tough one, but I narrowed it down to two, even though they are so freakin' many to choose from. May second choice would've been Banjo-Kazooie. But seeing as how this one came out a generation earlier.

I know the Bonanza Bros appearing in a couple of my answers in the original 30 days, so I might be repeating myself, but I guess it don't matter...

I recall a disagreement with my brothers about what the characters are saying when they get hit. I reckon it's simply "Geh!" But they insist it's "D*ckhead!" I can't deny that it does sound like it, but I wouldn't have thought such a thing would "get past the radar," I think the phrase is...

I still have the Megadrive Collection on PS3 as I often like to come back to this and some of the others. I still love 'em. ^^

Oh, I could've also picked Tetris. Hmph, too late now...

Can we have a link to the original thread? I'd like to revisit some of the posts in there.

Nostalgia is a topic I can feel a little odd talking about, for once I can feel nostalgic about stuff that happened as far as 2 months ago.

But that might be just me, anyway the obvious choice for this thread would probably be Sonic 3 & Knuckels since that game has provided me with a very awesome way to waste some of my most boring hours as a teenager and turned them into something fun.

But I'll go a little further away from that, back in my childhood when the Sega Genesis was too awesome for my family to afford I had a NES and there was this little gem of a game that took months of my life.

Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png

Indeed, my pick for Day 1 is Super Mario Bros 3!

I got this game after playing the original game (which I liked quite a bit but it proved to be a bit too hard for me back in the day) and when I got to boot this one my mind was blown away by how improved it was over it's predecessor, the game looked prettier than ever, the music was amazing (I can't get tired to hear most of the classic Mario Tracks no matter how much they repeat themselves across the game) and the selection of items was a lot bigger than in the first game (which is not saying a lot, but it impressed me back then). Above all of this the game was massive and it had what I thought it was an epic story back then, Mario going on a very long and epic crusade to save the princess against Bowser (we called him Koopa in my country back then) but this time you also saved several other kingdoms at the same time from his sons!

But yeah, the levels... Man I kept going into this game and I couldn't find an end to it, it just kept going on and on... The game was way longer than the time I was allowed to play videogames with and it wasn't until I got the cheat code to get items (in my game it was just pressing B and then select in the overworld and I could pick any item I wanted) that I managed to beat it (and admittedly I also abused the hell out of the P wing back then).

But after that of course I wanted to do was to visit all the locations that I skipped and I had a blast with most of them (world 7 can die on a fire tho).

But yeah, this game is probably the first one that I truly got invested in, there are more out there that I found in one of those 100 in 1 (which actually were like 10 and then repeat over and over) cartridges, and of course once I got a Genesis a blue rat came into my life but I think I'll leave those for other time.

Updated the badges on the first page. I'm still working on them and probably won't finalize them until tonight (exam in a few minutes and work afterwords), but just to get them looking a bit better:

531e73aa5cb69.png -> badge54lpy5.png

Can we have a link to the original thread? I'd like to revisit some of the posts in there.

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay...

Day 1: Most Nostalgic game...

Fighting Force:

256px-PS2FightingForceCover.jpg

One of the very first...fighters, 3D, beat-em up, multi-player, and co-op games that I have ever played.

From all of my childhood this game is the one I remember the most. Not only because its the one I had the most amount of time with, its also the one I had the most amount of "Fun" with. Its an average 3D beat em up, for sure. But I got so much enjoyment out of playing this game with my cousin. I would only ever wait for him to visit, just so we could play this game. We always made progress, always had fun, Never got frustrated even when we had to start over...it was just good times all around. I bet one could imagine how happy we were when we finally finished this game...

• Thumbs Up 1

Favorite nostalgic game huh?

Well I'm tempted to say crash team racing or maybe even sonic adventure but I guess if I had to say, it would probably be Ridge racer R4 on PS1. This was the first game I ever played, my brother had gotten a PS1 and he would let me play it sometimes, the one and only game he let me play was this gem right here, the gameplay was fast and fun, the graphics were pretty cool for the time (and still are by my standards), the music, oh god the music was just sublime.

Overall this was basically the game that got me into gaming and besides crash team racing, it was the only game that I truly logged a lot of hours into back then (so much so that I even let it on overnight when I didn't have a memory card) and I don't think I really could've been the gamer I am today without it.

Super_Mario_Land_2.jpg

There are too many games  from my childhood I loved and still love (Super Mario World, Turtles in Time, Super Mario Land, Bubble Bobble, Street Fighter 2, etcetera etcetera etceterarara). If I have to pick up just one, I'd chose this.

Today I can complete it in just an hour, but back when I was ten (I think) the game seemed like a gigantic adventure to me. And, even if the old Game Boy was huge and heavy as a brick, I loved to taking it and play it everywhere I went.

And it had so much re-play value. Why? Because the bosses can only be faced one time (unless you have a game over) and I loved to fight the bosses with that catchy tune in the background.

Especially this lovely woman:

tumblr_l9cfo8o7D51qbj9xwo1_r2_500.png

DAY 01: MOST NOSTALGIC GAME

This is kind of hard. I have a lot of games that I'm 'nostalgic' for... but nonetheless some more than others. At first I was going to pick a game on my SEGA Genesis, but truth be told, I still play those games a great deal of the time regularly, so it's kind of hard to be nostalgic for them. It's almost as if they're part of my overall life, so they're out.

So I had to pick a game that I don't play regularly, probably won't play regularly in the future, and one where it's fun and enjoyment is tied to the time in which I first played it. It's not a game that I can have the same experience playing now that I did as a kid, either because it hasn't aged well, or because I simply got older. To me, nostalgia is strongest when it's trapped in your memories... so this has to be a game I absolutely loved as a kid, but may not love now. At least... not objectively.

So, what game would this be?

Sonic%20Adventure%20pal%20-%20front.jpg

The original Sonic Adventure on the SEGA Dreamcast in 1999.

(I do not expect you to sit through this entire video)

Sonic Adventure is a game that marks a lot of firsts for me as a kid. While it was not my first game, or even my first Sonic game, it was the very first video game where I watched trailers for it... read articles about it... and anticipated it's release. While I may have wanted a SEGA Saturn as a kid, I didn't really have a reason why. But the Dreamcast had Sonic Adventure.This was my first, honest, hyped game. I looked forward to it coming out. I replayed this trailer over and over on my fuzzy 56-k quality Quick Time Player. It was Sonic in 3D, and I had never seen anything like it. That trailer also kind of introduced me to rock music, so there's definitely that influence there.

Finally having the game, having a new console out of the box that took discs instead of cartridges, an analog stick instead of just a plus-pad, four buttons... it was such a futuristic experience for me. This was my first "grown-up" game system. 

And the game... at the time, the graphics were unheard of. I mean... compare:

dxfds5.jpg

Mario 64 was the first 3D game I played, and it looked cool. Then Sonic Adventure came out, and it totally blew my mind!

Sonic Adventure was the first true 3D game I owned, period. I think I got a Nintendo 64 a year or so afterwards, and it just didn't compare. Sonic Adventure was superior in every way, and since the Dreamcast was the only next-gen console out at the time, I really thought SEGA was top dog.

And that's nothing to say about the game itself, which I think is still pretty solid to this day. I admit that it certainly hasn't aged well, and compared to the quality we expect out of video games nowadays, and Sonic games for that matter, it's actually kind of sub-par. But at the time, there wasn't a 3D Sonic standard... it was the standard. Let me break it down.

- Full 3D control

Controlling a 3D character like Sonic was so satisfying... he could run, jump, spindash and dash in the air. And the other characters had their own moves that set them apart, too

- Mind-numbing 3D speed

This was awesome. Seeing Sonic run fast in 2D is always a treat, but in 3D it was brain-melting pleasure. Speed Highway, man.

Big hub worlds to explore

I spent hours after I completed the game simply running around the big hub world and exploring every nook and cranny, letting my childlike imagination take reins of the area. This game was not just a game, it was an interactive playground.

- Deep story, actual cut-scenes

While the story isn't as exciting now, for a kid it was pretty legit. Watching Sonic and co. talk and interact with each other in ways I had only seen in the tv shows and comics was mesmerizing. I followed along and felt like I was a part of the adventure. It was a totally new experience for me.

- Chao Gardens

I spent countless hours raising those adorable little buggers and you did too. I had a Chao obsession for a long time. My parents even had me see a therapist about it. I kid you not, I had a psychological therapist ask me why I liked Chao so much.

- High quality music

No more beeps, boops and midi synthesizers... now we have actual mp3 quality music, and it was definitely a treat. 

So all those reasons aside, the fact of the matter is that Sonic Adventure is an important piece of my childhood. As I said before, it marked a lot of firsts for me, as did the Dreamcast as well. It furthered my passion for the series in a new way, and I don't think any other game could do that for me now. It was a game that did the right things for me and it happened at the right time. 

Dream on, Sonic

• Thumbs Up 5

HOLD IT! Day 1 Inbound. Apollo's most nostalgic game.

Well it's gotta be Sonic Adve- *tagged Play vidya not called Sonic* Welp.

At any rate, it's gotta be this bad boy (even though it's considered the second worst Gen):

599px-Emerald_EN_boxart.jpg

Gotta love dat transition to the GBA, I mean, I loved this game. The visuals, the music, the refined gameplay, not to mention the 50% surfing.

But Emerald was the Pokemon game that resonated with my the most, mainly because it was my first one. And how about that calming surfing theme? Better be good spending half the game doing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, just for fun, I'm going to use the suggestion to avoid the obvious Sonic responses. If I were to go by that alone, it would probably Sonic CD. Or Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Or Sonic Gems Collection. Or anything of that sort.

Rather, I'm going with mai waifu here:

Papermario.jpg

PAPER FREAKIN' MARIO

So yeah, mmhmm.

This was...probably my first exposure to the RPG genre when I was around, say, five years old. My copy was used and already had four save files on it by the time I played it. I screwed around in those a lot before I finally started the game myself, and when I did, lawd, it was an adventure. All the charming characters, the writing, all the little locales, all the areas to explore, everything there was to find...even the silly little things you could do like cooking and combining different foods to see what abominations resulted captivated me. This game...was a delight, and I have no idea just how many times I played and replayed it throughout the years. Paper Mario is immensely important to me and my development as a human being, and I love it so.

Day 1: Most Nostalgic Game

250px-Gold_EN_boxart.jpg250px-Silver_EN_boxart.jpg

(specifically all of generation 2)

This is an interesting one for me. I've been with Pokemon since the beginning, but G/S/C is easily my favorite generation because of how nostalgic it is to me, and at fist I thought it was simply because I had the most memories of it.

But my understanding of what made this game tick for me grew when I saw Idea Channel's video on nostalgia in Adventure Time. The tl'dr version of the video and the point I'm going to make is that, quote "at the same time we, the audience, are experiencing nostalgia, so too, are the characters [in Adventure Time]". It was then that I realized the same applies to Pokemon G/S/C for me. The characters and setting evoke nostalgia on account of the game taking place 3 years after the events of the original Red and Blue games, and everything from Team Rocket's revival to all the landmarks in Kanto that have either been run down or replaced has this 'wish-it-were-still-the-good-old-days' past to them. It creates a sense of ambivalence, a feeling of being both happy and sad at the same time, which this game evokes twice; a "double nostalgia".

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 1: Most Nostalgic Game

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that goes to...

Pokemon Gold and Silver.

I remember this quite vividly; it was Thanksgiving of 2000 and my aunt brought my Gold version, Silver version for my brother, as early Christmas gifts. Now I already had Pokemon Red and that was a fun game; it holds a special place in my heart. These games, on the other hand, hold a larger place. Now, the bad part about this is that a day with owning Gold version and my little sister ruined it...so I had to share Silver version with my brother. Nonetheless, I had tons of fun; I even remember the first team I had: Typlosion, Red Gyrados, Ampahros, Pidgeot, Jumpluff and Lugia. These game s REALLY brought my love for the Pokemon franchise to an all time high. 

Day 1: Most Nostalgic Game I could say SA2B but that's cheating

Once upon a time, I had no gaming consoles. My only hope for playing any videogames was either in an arcade or on a PC. Lucky for me, my dad get me my very own PC for gaming. Mind you, this was before I could even talk. Yeah, I was a very spoiled kid growing up. x3

Back then, kiddies, there was no fancy schmancy Windows 7 or even Windows XP. Nope, we had what was called MS-DOS. And you had to WORK to play your games. type this and that to get to this, type another thing. Okay, Acctually, I was lucky, and my dad just made batch files so all I had to do was type one or two words to get to my games.

ANYWAY. I remember quite a few games from those days... the Ever-popular Doom, along with Wolfenstien, Commander Keen, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Donald Duck's Playground, Alley Cat... Oh yeah, I had fun. x3

But my FAVORITE has got to be:

Jazz Jackrabbit. 

First off, you've got a totally badass green rabbit guy with a gun. Second, you a greeted with REALLY funky music, and the awesomeness of the music never stops. Even after you stop playing for several years on end. Third, the graphics are just so colorful and pretty. And who doesn't love bunny rabbits, right?

For the life of me, I can't remember if I actually beat it or not, but I'm pretty sure I had all the episodes at least.

Of course, this includes at least one of the Holiday Hare episodes. I sure as heck remember THIS level fondly from the '95 one:

JUST LOOK AT THE LEVEL. It's made of freaking LEGOs!

Aw man, I'm pretty sure I totally flipped out when I found out about the "Christmas Version". Good times. x3

I must say, this game along with Commander Keen is probably what made me love Sonic so much when I first played it. Sonic and Jazz play really similarly at the core. High speed, action packed platforming at it's finest!

• Thumbs Up 2