Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

I thought it was a great conference.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 together is amazing. Xenoblade Chronicles X was really cool looking. Hyrule Warriors was looking actually a lot beter (but man is it still so anime (also Midna fdasjfs)). Splatoon looks incredible, hell yeah to innovative new IPs and online multiplayer, and Yoshi's Wooly World.. man it's basically Yoshi Story 2, YES.

Also, Zelda U looks great so far and OMG STARFOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX but please, show more of them Nintendo. Geez.

burn the heretic

Why wouldn't people be excited about having the best character action game of last generation for free. It might even be locked 60fps.

That Samus costume made me empathize with Conker fans tho....

Yeah, even though I already own the game myself this makes me (and most likely a lot of other Bayo fans who don't own a 360/PS3) really happy that its getting a port.

Can't agree here. Splatoon was a case of getting even better the more I saw of it. A brand new IP from Nintendo that looks amazingly fun to boot and clearly resides in the same camp as Sunset Overdrive as "brightly colored innovative" shooters? Ink it all over me.

Zelda is ways off. We got a full length trailer of Xenoblade X, and we saw game play the last Direct. Give us something new, and something new we got. Quite possibly my Game of the Show.

I think Splatoon looks fun, but the totally imbalanced amount of time spent on each game made it feel very jarring to me. Ten minutes on Splatoon is cool, but ten minutes after Zelda and X both had extremely short showings made me feel less enthusiastic about it than I should have.

The whole thing should have been longer, imo.

Normally it's all trailers trailers trailers trailers trailers trailers with a tiny intermission between each one. This was basically 2 games no one gives a shit about plus slight nods to the ones people do give a shit about.

No one cares about Smash? Or Yarn Yoshi? Or Hyrule Warriors? Or Bayonetta 2? Or Xenoblade Chronicles X? Because they showed off quite a bit of those.

I don't get it. The games they didn't really show much of were Zelda U and Pokemon OR/AS. Everything else had quite a bit of screen time.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well that was pretty good, I expected some more Smash but at least we got that awesome animation with a Palutena reveal!!! (oh and Mii too) those Robot Chicken segments and the Reggie vs Iwata bit was simply golden! ^^  overall a solid presentation.

I was refering to Yarn Yoshi and Squid PAintball. One is a brand new IP out of nowhere which is fine, and the other was... Yarn Yoshi.

And then we got like 15 second trailers of the games people actually WERE hyped for like The new Zelda and the Hoenn remakes and X and Bayonetta 2 and why was so much of the focus on Yarn Yoshi and Squid Paintball again?

I was refering to Yarn Yoshi and Squid PAintball. One is a brand new IP out of nowhere which is fine, and the other was... Yarn Yoshi.

And then we got like 15 second trailers of the games people actually WERE hyped for like The new Zelda and the Hoenn remakes and X and Bayonetta 2 and why was so much of the focus on Yarn Yoshi and Squid Paintball again?

Because all of those games are ones we've actually seen before and had plenty of information on.

Yarn Yoshi and Splatoon are two of the only games that are actually newly introduced and not based on a pre-existing formula (such as Rainbow Curse or Mario Maker). The former only existed as a proof of concept, and Zelda is still a long way off, just like Uncharted 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hold the phone Bayonetta 1 is included with 2? Fucking hella

Hopefully it's the best version of the game that doesn't require me to pick up a 360.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smash Bros. for Wii U bundle

- copy of the game

- one GameCube controller adapter

- GCN controller

- $99.99 USD

GameCube controller adapter

- supports Wavebirds as well

- $20

GameCube controllers

- Smash Bros. branded

- $30

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230314-nintendo-reveals-smash-bros-wii-u-bundle-smash-bros-branded-gamecube-controller

Nintendo rep confirmed to GoNintendo that Zelda footage was all in-engine

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230317-the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-footage-was-all-in-engine

Shouldn't be of any surprise once you actually look at the screens anyway but for the sketpics there you go.

The fact that there are skeptics at all, is mind boggling....

Are people just mad that it looks beautiful? I mean, its not like this is Crysis hyper-detailed realism, its a water-colour esque cell-shaded art-style. It just looks good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I gotta say I care a hell of a lot more about yarn Yoshi than I do about Pokemon You've Played This A Thousand Times Before Version.
  • Thumbs Up 5

Normally it's all trailers trailers trailers trailers trailers trailers with a tiny intermission between each one. This was basically 2 games no one gives a shit about plus slight nods to the ones people do give a shit about. 

Oh for fucks sake, people still say this? There are people actually do give a shit about these shown games (Myself included.) so I really wish people would quit saying "nobody gives a shit" or "nobody asked for x" as It has always been a berserk button for me. I respect that you don't care about it, but please do not speak for me. I'll decide if I'll care or not.

but anyways, I was overall pleased with the Nintendo Direct. It was short but sweet and I was pleased with what they showed.

Was NOT expecting those robot chicken sketches. Pretty funny. XD

"What about Starfox?!"

*Reggie burns angry fan to a crisp with laservision*

Definitely looking forward to Yoshi's Wooly World, It looks a lot more fun than Kirby's Epic Yarn was.

I never had the chance to play Bayonetta when it was first released. It's great to see it with Bayonetta II, I'll have to give it a try when the time comes.

Dat Zelda Wii U. Looks like they're going for an Elder Scrolls approach for the over world this time around. This gun b gud.

Hyrule Warriors is shaping up to look awesome. Hooray for Playable Zelda and Midna! 

Kirby Canvas Curse 2? Sweeeet.

I wasn't interested in Xenoblade at first... but It's starting to warm up to me.

Captain Toad? heh, I was reminded of a livestream I watch where the guy playing said "We don't need Starfox, Metroid or F-zero Give us a game starring Toad!" Well, he got his wish. XD In all seriousness though, this looks like a fun little game.

Mario Maker... Hooray! Kaizo hacks made right on your Wii U!

While I'm not interested in online multiplayer, Splatoon looks like a fun and cute new IP from Nintendo.

Finally Smash bros... Playable Miis? Sweet. Playable Palutena? It was bound to happen... But... YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

All in all, I'm pleased. 

I don't think I have any complaints, only the fact that I don't have a Wii U yet.

I loved this one. It's my favourite out of the three big names.

Absolutely loved today's presentation. I thought it started off a bit slowly, only showing off about 2 games during the first 20 minutes - and yes, there were definitely some pacing issues in terms of some games getting brief glimpses and others getting huge chunks of focus - but content-wise, this was one hell of a package.

With the exception of maybe one or two titles that aren't really my thing, I was hooked on every single thing shown off. Totally stoked by Mii Fighters (REGGIE!) and Palutena in Smash, intrigued by what they can do with Amiibo, Yoshi's Woolly World looks fantastic and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker came out of nowhere. Zelda U looks phenomenal, and Bayonetta 2 with the original Bayonetta bundled in? Hell to the yeah!

Splatoon was probably the most pleasant surprise though - when it started up, I thought "ehh not interested" but I stuck with it and it actually looks really neat. Will be great for Nintendo if it manages to properly take off.

Funnily enough, the only game I really didn't think looked all that special was Mario Maker. It's just... meh. Unless it's dirt cheap, I'll be giving that a miss.

Will they be streaming the invitational?

I think so.

Captain Toad looks better than I expected.

Shame I have to leave now and I only got to see this game (which lets say... doesn't impress me).

Enjoy the rest of the stream guys! I'll catch up later o/