Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Kevin_Screaming.gif

KILL IT WITH FAIYA more like!

I think I'm going to mention this one once we get to the worst badnik. >=T if there's a day for that.

I can't wait to read six pages of Slicer and Asteron rants if that day comes, lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kevin_Screaming.gif

KILL IT WITH FAIYA more like!

I think I'm going to mention this one once we get to the worst badnik. >=T if there's a day for that.

Spoiler: There isn't.

Hohohoho.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, I've certainly got a soft spot for some of the familiar Sonic 1 badniks. Motobug, Caterkiller, Crabmeat, Orbinaut...these are Sonic's nearest equivalent to Mario's Goombas and Koopa Troopas, the simple but iconic grunt troops.

I've also become a fan of the Egg Pawns; I wasn't too impressed with them in Heroes, but their later appearances gave them a lot of character. Rather than just being mass-produced humanoid bots, they've been given goofy personalities and appropriate but utterly unnecessary accessories. What the above badniks communicate through their basic designs, Egg Pawns match in their actions and costumes.

I also like the Metropolis Zone badniks because of how much everyone else hates them >:D

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 1: Favorite Badnik

At first I was gonna just say all the badniks from Sonic 3, as they all had that trademark creative and silly design to them, but still looked like dangerous robots that could actually hurt people, but then I remembered this guy.

Spiker.png

Spiker

Of all the badniks that are less harmful enemies and more minor nuisances, this one stands out as being not only very silly looking, but also fun to play on. There's just something cathartic about bouncing on this guys fake springs; I can almost imagine him getting increasingly frustrated at being made a complete fool of. It's funny, too, because it's not like Robotnik couldn't have simply attached REAL spikes onto it; maybe he ran out of metal for the spikes and had to use rubber or something. Spiker: 2 parts badnik, 1 part bouncy castle.

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 1 Favourite Badnik:

My favourite Badnik is the Caterkiller purely by the design of it. Purple caterpiller with spikes that'll fuck you over if you get reckless and hit it anywhere but the head. I love how this guy continues to be annoying in future games, I love it. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

This guy probably isn't very popular.

180px-Grabber.png

I certainly like Chemical Plant alot, and I love this guy. Its Grabber! I think his design is pretty amusing, he looks like some strange cross of a spider and a bee. When I played Sonic 2 when I was a little kid, the times where I got into his grasp were legit horrifying.

His appearance in Gens is also pretty menacing too.

A close second is the Egg Pawns. Its exactly what I think of when I think of a goon for Eggman. A minion with Eggman's own face right all over it. Its perfect.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 1 Question: Favorite Badnik

There's so many to choose from! I pretty much love them all!
Badniks03.png
Though, I guess the one I like the most would be Motobug... 

Motobug

Motobug has a nice design...

Motobug.png

Well, all of the badniks technically do... Uhh... I guess I like Motobug because it's pretty much the first badnik that Sonic meets and in Sonic 1 while you're standing still, you can just see that Motobug charging at you with eyes full of hate. You can just feel that passion that Motobug has to get to you and take you down. That Motobug be all like "Oh I'm gonna get you now sucker! Gonna take you downtown!", but then...bam! You destroy the Motobug! And as the Motobug disappear from the screen, you can just hear him saying "You haven't seen the last of me!", and ka-blam! Thus the war against all Motobug's has begun... 

And when you put Motobug against other creations from different universes? Motobug doesn't go down without a fight!
Fighting_Robots.jpg

Just beautiful... Motobug passion to win knows no bound!

and I decided to edit this post appropriately by getting rid of the Egg Pawns part since it isn't a badnik at all. So yeah, the Egg Pawn section in this post is officially now gone so that my post will stay in line with the original question asked for day 1. Also, getting rid of the SSSSSS (Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad) section in this posting since I believe my Motobug part answers the day 1 question completely while the SSSSSS one doesn't. 

Well, that's it! 

• Thumbs Up 4

Out of all the badniks the good Doctor has created over the years, my personal favorite would have to go to this lovely piece of work right here:

s2-cnz-badniks.jpg

I really love these guys because of the sheer genius and hilarity of having a bumper as a shield. It's just such an amazingly awful thing when you got all this momentum on you going and then this guy comes out of nowhere and is like-

Crawl_sprite.png

Naw, bra.

-and literally bounces away your progress. Like, for real, Crawls are pretty dang smart for having a really good use with their utility. They're also just plain cool-looking, with their pellet-firing, hedgehog swatting claw. Too bad Eggman didn't think to add another bumper on the back of him, or he'd be nigh invincible.

• Thumbs Up 4

Spiker.png

You know, now that I think about it...they're kind of the perfect representation of Eggman.

Sure, they seem silly on the surface. You can bounce all day on top of their springy spikes, if you really want to. There's nothing they can do about it. But one of these days, as you're running through Marble Garden without a care, you're gonna run right into it from the side, or get hit by their projectiles. Perhaps you'll jump on some real spikes, thinking that it was a Spiker .Either way, you're screwed, because you didn't take them seriously.

I dunno, maybe I'm just talking nonsense and/or overthinking a silly enemy in a video game, but if you ask me, that 'bot is a pretty good analogy for Eggman himself.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know, now that I think about it...they're kind of the perfect representation of Eggman.

Sure, they seem silly on the surface. You can bounce all day on top of their springy spikes, if you really want to. There's nothing they can do about it. But one of these days, as you're running through Marble Garden without a care, you're gonna run right into it from the side, or get hit by their projectiles. Perhaps you'll jump on some real spikes, thinking that it was a Spiker .Either way, you're screwed, because you didn't take them seriously.

I dunno, maybe I'm just talking nonsense and/or overthinking a silly enemy in a video game, but if you ask me, that 'bot is a pretty good analogy for Eggman himself.

I'm currently unable to like posts, so for now, I just wanted to say that this analogy = gooood.

• Thumbs Up 2

O0K08OB.png

I like Anton a lot. It's cute and I think its aesthetics and colors match the level's palletes really well. What I love is that I can't imagine how this thing could be a threat in any way. It has no means of attacking - no pinsirs, jaws, or machine guns. It's a useless adorable piece of shit. Seeing it again in Lost World was pretty awesome, although I prefer its wide-eyed demeanor from CD.

I'm also a fan of Anton for other, particular reasons:

ML2uDML.png

source

• Thumbs Up 4

My favorite badnik?

Well I do like the Metropolis trio for giving me a good whopping despite their places being absolute cheap at times.

But how could anyone forget Bat Brain and Bomb?

No. Not that Bomb from Chaotix, those invincible motherfuckers from Star Light. I mean once Sonic is in their presence, the timer goes. And god forbids you when you find yourself in a room covered with these guys.

Bat Brain is pretty cool too since he doesn't bother you until you come to its presence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man much hard. My main crew I choose you:

Slicer. While being a butt cheek they are awesome for no dang reason. They just seem so hard core x3

Oribinot. Dude this thing looks awesome. It's also pure obliteration.

Sorry I forgot your name green hill fish robot. I just like it.

Gamma. Yes he is technically a high tear badnik. He's powered by a flicky after all. Yes he's just so freaking cool and one of my favorites, if not my favorite!

Here's hoping to q great 30 days of Sonic

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, can we talk about Bandiks we love to hate, too?

Grabber.png

This guy.

Grabber from Chemical Plant isn't a big deal for me nowadays, but man oh man... when I was a kid I absolutely hated these things. It was like a slap in the face knowing that you couldn't escape no matter how hard you tried, all the while it's counting down your inevitable doom.

But the worst part?

s2z2a2.jpg

Whenever you get caught, trying to get AI Tails to set you free was darn near impossible.

Thanks for nothing, Tails. :|

• Thumbs Up 4

To be fair, Tails simply does what I would have done.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had to think, but I finally remembered.

TYJzg1.png

I love Speed Highway. It's one of my favorite Sonic levels of all time, and the Cop Speeders add to that reason. They're unique, cute, and I just love the idea as they're basically police officers trying to stop Sonic for speeding, which is hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 7

For some reason, the Roller's always captured my eye. I don't know what it is about his design, but something about him just makes me think that he's cute. Those adorable derpy eyes are a nice touch, too. He always just looked like he was about to stop what he was doing and give Sonic a hug.

And then Sonic would fall for it and he'd seize his opportunity because Dr. Robotnik says that that's what good robots do. :3 Seriously though, he's a cutie pie.

• Thumbs Up 1

S3dddbadnik1.png

~Frosty, the Snow-Nik, was a cold, psychotic mope...

With a worn plaid scarf and a plain green hat

With a fitted gun with scope~

~Frosty, the Snow-Nik, "Diamond Dust fodder" they'd quip...

"He was made with snow!" But the hedgehog knows, 

how his rout caused him to flip~

DiDuBadnikSnowm.PNG

~There must have been some power, in the Flicky Robuttnik found

For when he placed it in his chest,

He began to blast around,

Oh!~

*Needle scratch*

So yeah, this unnamed Badnik is a favorite of mine. Eggman may base his robots on animals and the abstract most of the time, but it's kinda rare he does the same with popular inanimate objects like snowmen. And as a fan of ice-themed stages, ice environments, and just ice and snow in general, this erratic snowman warmed up to me. 

Special mention goes to the Badnik-without-a-picture-on-the-internet-for-some-reason, the juggler robots from Shadow the Hedgehog, because I'm edgy like that and circus robots like it in ShTH is just hysterical.

• Thumbs Up 3

This lil' guy here

Grounderartwork.png

Okay, admittedly, this choice is partially because of AoSTH. As a child I remember getting excited upon seeing him in Sonic 2, at first thinking that Grounder was a character made exclusively for AoSTH. In addition to that, how can I not love the drill theme he has going on there? He's such a cool looking badnik!

Also, I remember getting really happy upon seeing this badnik making an appearance in Sonic Colors when you're in drill form. Good times.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always had a soft spot for Newtrons. I mean, Eggman managed to create a robot that can freaking turn invisible. How awesome is that? Really, how awesome? Makes me wonder now why he's never used that technology on one of his mechs....

Someone needs to pitch that idea to SEGA. Next game needs to have an Eggman boss fight where the mech periodically turns invisible. I want this to happen.

But yeah, Newtron is awesome. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 1: Favourite Badnik

Favourite bad, eh? Hmm... well if I had to choose one, I'd be Turtloids.

Turtloid.png

I dunno, I just find it amusing how a turtle is riding a turtle that's trying to kill you. Pretty wacky stuff right there. They aren't much of a challenge, but it's kinda strange how Eggman programmed them so that once the small turtle is defeated, the larger one just sits there doing nothing. For a man trying to take over the world, he isn't that bright when it comes to programming these things. 

• Thumbs Up 2

For a man trying to take over the world, he isn't that bright when it comes to programming these things. 

You're on the list.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really don't know the Badniks that well, but I do like caterkiller because he looks cute smile.png

(yes.. if I know nothing, the cute one is always my favorite happy.png)

• Thumbs Up 1

I decided to edit my original choice here, seeing that it wasn't a strictly bandnik type. That said, I am going to go with this guy here:

pGsjkDO.png?1

The Ai-Ai badnik, better known as Coconuts.

I have fond memories of playing Sonic 2 and I clearly recall him being in the palm trees throwing coconuts at Sonic in Emerald Hill Zone. It was really nice to see him again in Sonic Lost World, even though he was an absolute pain throwing those exploding coconuts at Sonic in Tropical Coast. But the main reason why Coconuts is my favorite badnik is due to his Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (AoStH) variation:

vlmHm3w.png?1

I just loved this guy in the cartoon as he was full of personality. I was definitely rooting for him to get on Dr. Robotnik's good side and out of his demotion position of being the janitor. as he was the underdog among the badniks. I wished that Coconuts had appeared more often in the cartoon as I really did like him a lot and having Scratch and Grounder constantly foil his plans repeatedly was pure comedy. smile.png

For curiousity's sake, I am going to leave my original post in spoiler tags:

I can't say that I have honestly paid much attention to the many creations Dr. Eggman has made over the years, but I'm going to go with one that never fails to make me smile:

k3bfE1Z.png?2

Egg Pawns. Definitely a familiar face among Dr. Eggman's many creations, but despite that they are still awesome. smile.png

EspVK8t.jpg?1

The way that the Egg Pawns were portrayed in Sonic Colors caused me to really adore them.The Egg Pawns are personalized, matching the theme of the levels with relevant clothes, accessories and weapons for each theme:

Tropical Resort had Egg Pawns with Welcome signs serving as Greeters, which was fitting since Tropical Resort was the introduction to the game as well serving as the entrance to the amusement park. The Greeters were even wearing bow-ties. smile.png

Sweet Mountain had the Egg Pawns with adorable chef's hats and whisks, although the accessory of the whisk was being used as a weapon...

Starlight Carnival had the Egg Pawns with parade gear while playing the trumpet like they had the whole celebration thing going on. 

Planet Wisp had the Egg Pawns with construction hats and pick axes amid the reconstruction that was undergoing due to Dr. Eggman.

Aquarium Park has the Egg Pawns in Samurai gear, along with katanas as their weapons. 

Asteroid Coaster has the Egg Pawns with a helmet with a matching weapon of some sort as both the helmet and the weapon have the same kind of spikes on it.

I just love the relevant, creative detail that the Egg Pawns had in each level, being very fitting with the overall Amusement Park theme in Sonic Colors.

As for the Egg Pawns in general, there are reasons why they have been featured in so many Sonic games over the years: because they are iconic, versatile, have style and they are awesome! Bonus points for them being orange and looking as if they are smiling also as that is quite the combination there as I am all for things looking friendly. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 7

I especially like the themed Egg Pawns in Colours, because they remind me of the varied Lab Assistants from Crash Bandicoot, and the varied Rhynocs from Spyro.