Awoo.

Good Licenced Games

Wraith

The Amazing Spiderman was an excellent movie game. It had a big open world Manhattan, combat mechanics similar to the Arkham games, and generally didn't feel like a cheap cash in, surprising considering it's publisher is Activision.

Others off the top of my head include:

Spiderman 2

The LEGO Movie Game

Harry Potter 1 and 6 (possibly others too)

Shrek 2

Shrek2gc.jpg

Shrek is MLG, Shrek s GOTY.

_-Spider-Man-2-The-Movie-PS2-_.jpg

Pretty much everyone I knew had a copy of this game and just about all of us admitted our favorite thing in the game was just goofing off and exploring the city for hours on end. I used to set myself a challenge where I could only sprint and use the wall jumping abilities to explore and make a kind of parkour game. I still remember how mind blown people were when they found out you could get to the other island by hanging from the helicopters. 

Pretty great game all round and it tends to be the bar new Spider-man games are expected to reach.

• Thumbs Up 2

xmen_origins_wolverine_uncaged_edition_r

For an adpatation of a shit film, X-men Origins:Wolverine really did a damn fine job capturing the brutality and gritty nature of fan favorite X-Man Wolverine. Mutilating enemies in various ways, alternate costumes from comics history, and a relatively decent challenge factor and upgrade system- I would say it's one of my favorite Movie Tie in games, and it's a damn fine title in its own right.

I haven't played Origins though I've heard it;s really good...related however...

X2_-_Wolverine%27s_Revenge_Coverart.jpg

This game probably avoids the "shit movie tie-in" cliche because it's not actually a tie-in game. It was developed as it's own standalone game and is clearly based on the comics, there's nothing in it from the films aside from Patrick Stewart as Prof X and an unlockable costume, the X2 name and cover were slapped onto the game shortly before release to "boost sales" though the movie tie-in legacy probably damaged sales to be honest...

The game was a really fun third person stealth/action game that made great use of Wolverine's healing abilities and animal instincts. You could turn on an "animal mode" (may not actually be calledanimal mode...haven't played it in ages) which is similar to the Arkhamdetective mode, you can see enemies movement patterns and use them to plan stealth kills.

Throw in good controls, great voice acting, a ton of villains from the comics and a slew of unlockables and stuff to find and you've got a really brilliant game worth hunting down.

I remember waayyyy back when I was real young, my parents would buy me these PC Disney games from Disney Interactive. They were all under the "Disney Action Games" category and I do remember having fond memories with them. The titles I played back then included "102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue", "The Emperor's New Groove", and "Tarzan". I think these were ports of the N64 versions but yeah, I found them enjoyable at the time. I don't know if they've held up well over the years though. 

And here's the box art of the games since, you know, most people are adding it their posts.

gKRlFBV.jpgocSLiQ4.jpgdNRg7Qp.jpg

Most of the PS1-era Disney games I played were really good, my favourites being Hercules and the Emperor's New Groove. Despite how short they are (I think I can beat Hercules in about an hour and a half) they are immensely fun to play and have great music to boot. Not to mention Emperor's New Groove is hilarious. Seriously, I recommend anyone who has a PS1 or PS2 to get these games. They're the best Disney games I've played! And yes, I have also played a Bug's Life and umm...I'm personally not a big fan of that one.

It's strange how after the fifth gen, Disney games became less and less fun. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Cue the James Bond music!

20121006233621!GoldenEye007box.jpg

GoldenEye 007 was the shit back in my day and it's arguably my favorite FPS game to date. The single-player experience is pretty solid and is otherwise mostly faithful to the film, but everyone who had at least two or more N64 controllers knew the game's main drawing power was it's split-screen multiplayer mode. I can't even begin to recount the hours I spent with my sister and stepbrothers playing the multiplayer modes, they were so much fun.

I will also stick up for the 2010/2011 seventh-gen "remake" of the original game, GoldenEye 007 Wii/Reloaded (PS3/360 ver., latter of which I have for PS3). I actually wouldn't call it a remake of the N64 game, because there's not many similarities it bares with the original game-a modern-day adaptation of the original film that just happens to share the same name is a lot more accurate. And in that respect, the game is very good, though I think when comparing it to the original in terms of multiplayer options, the original N64 most definitely wins out. It's also considered by some to be the best FPS out there for the Wii, which allows multiple controller input options so you're not stuck with just the Wiimote (+ Nunchuk) option(s).

Unfortunately, these I think are the only movie tie-in games I owned (or at least owned until my copy disappeared :/), though I do plan to get in the future Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game, which I've heard is very good.

Though I haven't played any of them, continuing the talk of Disney tie-in games, I've heard all three Toy Story video game adaptations are pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png

The Simpsons: Hit & Run is probably the best Simpsons game out there. Think "Grand Theft Auto", but with The Simpsons. It definately feels like The Simpsons, too. The humor and atmosphere of the game are exactly like the show. It has it's flaws, however, the missions are very basic, mostly just collecting stuff, racing, and driving to places while being timed, but I feel like it's the definitive Simpsons game. You can explore a great amount of Springfield's locations, and talk to a wide variety of characters from the show, which is something that I don't think a lot of Simpson's games have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spider_Man_Pal.jpg

Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed this game as a child back in 2000, and I still enjoy it to this day.

It's simple enough. You play a lot of missions that involve getting from A to B, fighting enemies, swinging around, etc. There is a lot of variety here.

It also helps that the music is awesome, and the story has a lot of quotable lines like:

"Ooh, are we gonna... surf the web?"

• Thumbs Up 3