Awoo.

Be Cool Scooby-Doo!

ElectricAngel

Yeah the show isn't as bad as I thought it be. Actually I kinda like the comedic feel to it, more so than what they done to Teen Titans Go anyway, I actually find this show funny.

But the artstyle is kinda, as people are saying, kinda jarring, Scooby looks especially weird.

Sorry for being out of the loop but what is the deal with Scrappy Doo. are they taking the live action Scooby Doo movie where Scrappy was evil as canon.

Sorry for being out of the loop but what is the deal with Scrappy Doo. are they taking the live action Scooby Doo movie where Scrappy was evil as canon.

No, it's a reference to the fact that no one likes him. They don't want to mention him because they don't like him, and in regards to the Scooby fandom, most hate him and any appearance he makes. They don't want to mention Scrappy because it's a meta joke for saying they don't want him near the series.

Ok so I saw the first episode and it was a really nice episode!

While I'm still very indifferent to the designs but the writing is pretty nice!

It's like your typical Scooby Doo show but with a more comedic twist to it, really but things into perspective to me on how I think about Boom. But that's for another time.

This show really gave a nice pleasant shock to me and it just comes to show that the term "don't judge a book by its cover" still rings true!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I decided to watch a few more episodes to get a feel for the show. And.. I'm not feeling it. I will say this though, episode 3 so far is the best. The animation is slightly more fluid and they had vocals in the chase scene. Too bad it was the shortest one. The longer chase scenes in previous episodes felt the need for vocals, especially since they muffled the sound during them. 

Also Velma's character in this feel so annoying. She's usually just there to complain. In the first episode she kept telling everyone to not be silly, and in the third she kept complaining about the water. Daphne also feels a bit off. From what I can tell, she's the one that will be delivering the running gag of the episode. And although she's funny at times, sometimes the fact that the same joke is repeated over and over again gets tiring. 

And again with the character designs. I studied them a bit more and I honestly think it's the eyes that make it the worst. Every character has those same oval eyes with black dots. And sometimes they don't even move. In episode 3, in the beginning, Shaggy was talking and his head was moving and rotated once, but his eyes didn't move at all. His pupils just remained stationary. It's just jarring to see this from WB Animation. They had such great animation in Mystery Incorporated and The Looney Tunes Show. Now this and Wabbit feel so cheap by comparison. I hope if they continue with another season, they'll redesign the characters and improve the art style a bit. They did it with The Looney Tunes Show, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it here.

Oh and I noticed in one shot they used the same character twice. I feel nitpicky for pointing this out, but it just caught me off guard since this is WB, a big name studio and not some smaller company. 

eQquZpY.png

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm also disappointed that we're 3 episodes in and not a single "Jinkies!" from Velma. 

Edited by ElectricAngel

• 4 weeks later...

So the show is now 13 episodes in. Damn son, time sure flies in a month, huh.....

Any way, for my current feelings of the show. I like it, a lot actually.

Sure it's no Mystery Incorporated but darn it, if this show hadn't made me laugh, I would be lying.

It follows the traditional Scooby-Doo formula but adds a more comedic flair. 

Can't really say what's the better episode for me since while I do enjoy me some Scooby Doo, can't really say I'm a huge fan than I am as a Sonic fan, though I can say that I am consistently enjoying the episodes.

I love the quirky jokes that I remember from the times I watched What's New, Scooby Doo. Like the chase scenes, Shaggy and Scooby doing sketches and etc. Suffice to say, it brought a lot of call-backs. Heck, it made callbacks to the very first Scooby Doo cartoon!

That's pretty freaking sweet and funny at the same time!

Overall, it's safe to say that this show is a good show (for me atleast, I have my drastic taste in media) so how about you guys?

Did your opinion on it sweetened or grew more bitter?