Awoo.

bcdcdude

That sample sounds fantastic! Can't wait to hear the final product. I'm glad this song still has that awesome Crush 40 feel to it if you know what I mean. Not sure how to explain it, but I like what I'm hearing so far.

Well, 2 Nights 2 Remember is certainly 1 Song 2 Remember! Just goes to show that, even without the connection to the Sonic series, Johnny and Jun can still produce some seriously solid material. Their Rise Again EP was some of their best work to date, and if this new EP lives up to the same standard - which, going by this preview, it definitely sounds like it will - then count me in for sure!

This is really making me hope for another Crush 40 live performance in the UK sometime soon (be it SoS or otherwise), just to be able to rock out to these new tunes!

I dig it. Strangely, I do have an image of Sonic and Shadow racing each other on rooftops for some reason, but admittedly that may be because they'll always be "those Sonic guys" to me.

It's nice to see how they're branching out from that image, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want them producing some music for a Sonic game again; their contributions to the Sonic music library are sorely missed by me at least.

I dig it. Strangely, I do have an image of Sonic and Shadow racing each other on rooftops for some reason, but admittedly that may be because they'll always be "those Sonic guys" to me.

It's nice to see how they're branching out from that image, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want them producing some music for a Sonic game again; their contributions to the Sonic music library are sorely missed by me at least.

Same here, even if It isn't sonic related at all it still makes me think of the series whenever they do these. I hope sega gets crush 40 for another game at some point, it would great to have them back on board.

It's a great wake up call for Crush 40 to finally begin making new music again

it's always so long between mid albums and songs. I'm really happy with all of the new EP releases. I'm really looking forward to the new ones.

I'm gonna be honest.

Most of Crush 40's songs sound the same. While the "butt rock / metal" feel has been around with their music since Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, What I'm Made of and the Sonic Heroes theme, it really kicks up another notch that you can tell beyond their older works with the track I Am All Of Me.

The reason I say that is because.. well, when you listen to I Am All Of Me, you may realize it sounds a lot like their take on His World. Which sounds a lot like their version of Seven Rings in Hand. Which sounds like Knight of the Wind. Which sounds like Sonic Youth. You see what I'm saying? :V

Seriously. They don't just sound like they're following classic rock / heavy metal standards anymore, they're now just straight up ripping off their own songs. Whatever peppiness and upbeat feel their songs had throughout their first album and first few songs for the Sonic series, since I Am All Of Me it's been really narmy and overly "dark" low-down sounds, like they're trying way too hard. It's grating, and really nasty when you both compare it to their past work, and when you place it side by side with something so peppy and upbeat as the Sonic series itself.

The new song is.. well yeah, it's alright. Sort of more like their old work from the first album, but at the same time.. maybe I've just grown weary of the heavy rock sound.