Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

I think it's a pretty common belief, but I can't remember what the in-game evidence was now.  I'll try and look it up, but I think it was implied in the extra content in FireRed/LeafGreen, something to do with Bill and the trading system...?

I've never even heard of this though. AH well, Twitch Pokemon-verse is a different universe anyway.

Bill sends an email to Lanette in RSE, and mentions in the Japanese script that he and Lanette are the original co-developers of the Pokemon storage system. Celio also mentions connecting with Lanette via the Pokemon Network when the player retrieves the Ruby and Sapphire for him in FRLG. The idea that RBY and RSE are contemporaneous is mostly based on those two details.

I still like the idea of The Mob time-jumping to whenever they see fit though,

Since Gen 1 and Gen 2's inability to connect to Gen 3 everything that Red and AJ did will just become legend and Hoenn will have to create its own mythos away from those games.

inb4leafandclawfossils

I wonder if Groundon will be considered a representative/reincarnation to the Twitch!Mad Red, and Rayquaza the same to Gold.

I'd like Gen III to leave behind the current lore and begin totally anew too. They'll be no Pidgey available from the start, at least...

The old lore was slaughtered on Mt. Silver. 

Also, I expect the game to fluctuate between 10,000 and 15,000 from now one. That seems to be a respectable number for an ongoing twitch stream. It still manages to stay on the top 10.

Well, it's a possibility. I remember there being a side TPP's of Emerald during Crystal's run-through that featured May being controlled.

Ah, Gen 3. It'll be good to be back in familiar territory since Gen 2's my least visited of the first three gens I played before X and Y.

I wonder if we'll also get the opportunity to conquer Emerald's post game as well.

Apparently I missed the funniest part of the stream, when the chat was playing the Pokemon anime. It sounds hilarious.

tumblr_n2ib63NtK21rc3jkko1_500.png

If May isn’t chosen to be the new host I will be very disappointed.

Perhaps the Escapist might see the fan demand and take the helm at the beginning like he did with Red to ensure such.

I was looking all over for this! 

It's Twitch Plays the Pokemon Anime. Can they make it through an episode?

• Thumbs Up 2

^AKA Twitch makes a Youtube poop.

We're playing Sonic Advance right now, if you feel like doing something sonic-y this is your chance. o/

EDIT: Annnnd we failed o/

EDIT2: Back again, I thought the author stopped the stream becaose we ran out of time lols

EDIT3: Aaaannnd back to Telefang.

Right now the group is playing Sonic Advance 2 in the down time. Everything is duck and slide; duck and slide.

It appears that we have confirmation of an upcoming Twitch Plays Fire Red to boot. 

The fourth game confirmed by the streamer. It is a remake of the first Pokemon Red, but this is a hacked version which introduces a randomizer, meaning that ANY Pokemon can be encountered. Game is set to happen after Pokemon Emerald, with the TPP community having suggested either making it an Alternate Continuity or having Fire Red set in the far future of Kanto..

Well in that case, long time no see,  Red. 

...Why Firered? That's story is over and done with. Just get a DS emulator and do Gen4

Why confirm it now, for that matter?  On the other hand, I think use of a randomiser is the best way to do FireRed and make it more than just a prettier, more boring replay of Red.  Still, I'd have thought Emerald would take them a while, though they really zipped through Crystal.

Speaking of Emerald,  the tensions over picking May as the trainer are rising immensely. Gospel help us of Brendan gets chosen instead. 

It's a battle over which button will be registered first, "down" or "A". The gender select screen doesn't loop if you keep pressing down so that makes getting May easier.

I wonder if this means that every playable pokemon anime gal will have the edge in preference.  Or if May's just the cooler and more recognizable of the trainers in Gen 3.