Awoo.

Transformers: Rise of The Dark Spark (Transformers Generations?)

Jacky

This does look pretty decent, but I'd much prefer a direct sequel to Fall of Cybertron set in G1 times. Something seems off about this game though, the introduction of 2 worlds means they better have a good narrative, and split the game evenly, otherwise there will be problems of imbalance, kinda like I got with Fall of Cybertron when Soundwave didn't get much screen time, or Bumblebee etc.

This does look pretty decent, but I'd much prefer a direct sequel to Fall of Cybertron set in G1 times. Something seems off about this game though, the introduction of 2 worlds means they better have a good narrative, and split the game evenly, otherwise there will be problems of imbalance, kinda like I got with Fall of Cybertron when Soundwave didn't get much screen time, or Bumblebee etc.

Funny you should mention that since Transformers Prime is officially in the same lineage as FoC and WoC.

Funny you should mention that since Transformers Prime is apparently, officially in the same lineage as FoC and WoC.

problem with that is no ark, and not enough autobots

• 3 weeks later...

problem with that is no ark, and not enough autobots

Well, according to official word, such is the case.

It caught me off guard as well.

Maybe Rise of the Dark Spark will actually proceed to continue bridging the gap between WFC and Prime.

Who knows, akin to Boom videogame, it might even be used as a prequel top the upcoming movie as well to elucidate and expand on events, reasons and whatnot that happen, appear, etc there.

UPDATE!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/226612-transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-wii-u-3ds-info

- 3DS version is a grid-based tactical RPG
- Over 50 Transformers characters
- On the 3DS version: “Players will plot their next move on detailed strategic maps, and then engage in epic one-on-one 3D Battle sequences.”
- In the console version, the two worlds (Movieverse and WFCverse) are connected by an ancient relic known as The Dark Spark
- This relic acts as a portal between the two universes
- It’s capable of “Bending the fabric of the universe to (the wielder’s) will.”
- The Movieverse portion of the game will take place during and after Age of Extinction
- The WFC/FOC portion will take place before the launch of the Ark in Fall of Cybertron
- Gameplay similar to Fall of Cybertron
- Story is focused on a single character and will bounce back and forth between over 40 playable characters
- Edge of Reality is trying their best to help innovate and improve upon High Moon Studio’s last three games
- One of these new features is a Unified Leveling System where experience and unlocks are universal between Campaign and the returning Escalation mode and will feature new items, characters, weapons and upgrades
- “Power Foes” have been added to Escalation
- With Power Foes, if your team lasts long enough, boss characters will appear (Such as Fall of Cybertron Megatron)
- Hacks: modify the gameplay by adding in additional variables to Escalation such as higher enemy health, or every robot becoming a massive explosion upon death

Link

- The WFC/FOC portion will take place before the launch of the Ark in Fall of Cybertron

Darn, that's the exact opposite of what I was hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...

Release date abound!

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark arrives June 24

By Jenna Pitcher on May 04, 2014 at 11:59p @PitcherJenna

Rise_of_the_Dark_Spark.0_cinema_960.0.pn
Stay Connected. Follow Polygon Now!

Upcoming Transformers title, Rise of the Dark Spark, will launch for Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on June 24, publisher Activision announced.

Rise of the Dark Spark features four-player co-op survival mode Escalation from High Moon's Transformers games, new defense and leveling systems, as well as more than 40 different playable characters across both Bay's Transformers films and the Cybertron universe.

Those who pre-order for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC through GameStop in the U.S. and EB Games in Australia will receive Weathered Warrior Pack DLC. The pack consists of new Decepticon characters Thundercracker and Skywarp for use in Escalation and new two new weapons — the distortion field-generating Glass Gas Cannon and the long-range Electro Bolter — to use in the campaign and multiplayer.

Austin Texas-based Edge of Reality is developing Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark for all platforms except for the 3DS version that is in development by WayForward Technologies.The title was first revealed by a U.K. branch of Amazon in February and officially announced at a Hasbro Preview event a week later during the American International Toy Fair in New York. Activision will publish the game. The title is a "complement" to Michael Bay's fourth Transformers film, Transformers: Age of Extinction, slated to premiere in theatres June 27.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/4/5682276/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-arrives-june-24

• Thumbs Up 1

Sigh, what I've give for a Transformers game that wields War of Cybertron's badass form of co-op (loved the trading dialogue) but combined with an ability to swap between he characters you're playing as in-game, as opposed to in the menu; heck maybe even up the flare with Fall of Cybertron-esque transitions, but fitted for just swapping control of the characters while still being able to use each other.

Ok I'm getting pretty excited for this after replaying through Fall of Cybertron, I just really want a new High Moon Transformers instalment to play.

Ok I'm getting pretty excited for this after replaying through Fall of Cybertron, I just really want a new High Moon Transformers instalment to play.

Its not by High Moon 

hunh , june, well if the wii-u version is any good, perhaps I might get in bargin or in a 2 for one deal or that sorta thing

Wait... It's not? Why not? Who is making it? Please tell me there are High Moon people helping make it???

Wait... It's not? Why not? Who is making it? Please tell me there are High Moon people helping make it???

Egde of Reality is the development team behind the console version. As far as I can see, High Moon Studios has no involvement in this one, and in fact, perhaps more worryingly, job descriptions for High Moon reveal that their current project is some form of FPS using a derivative of the Call of Duty engine (Radiant Engine).

• 3 weeks later...

New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnL81nKMrlE&feature=youtu.be 

Looks just like a Cybertron entry, same models, same weapons, same hover mode and assets from High Moon's games.

• Thumbs Up 1

New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnL81nKMrlE&feature=youtu.be 

Looks just like a Cybertron entry, same models, same weapons, same hover mode and assets from High Moon's games.

If the wii-u version is actualy competent I'll proably pick up(though perhaps in a buy 2 get one free with say DKCTF) 

Ugh, it frustrates me to no end that this game takes place before the launching of the Ark in Fall of Cybertron, yet apparently both Grimlocks will be in the story. Unless, perhaps, that portal that snatched Grimlock in FoC transported him to this other world, he comes back at an earlier time, and the Dinobots somehow re-group.

Also, I do kinda hope that Sludge survives in the Aligned Continuity, despite his ominous, gruesome status in FoC. Though he could have just been in stasis. Though I worry for the dinobots future Aligned continuity appearances considering what happened to Grimlock near the end of Fall of Cybertron.

Hence my wishes that for the Aligned Continuity, this game would have taken place after FoC!

• 2 weeks later...

New character vid, its Drift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4UuU7iR8z0&feature=player_embedded

Ok, now we have the voice of optimus advertising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l-29uQEvBWo

Hey look the Decepticon Matrix of leadership actualy exists :P

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, out comes the Grimlock reveal trailer.