Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Her shoes look like a primitive version of Modern Sonic's

By the way... Not to be racist, but I never saw an orange and brown badger. Don't they usually come in black and white?

I've never seen an orange and brown raccoon, either.

I don't see the fuss about the colors. xP

EDIT: I just realized how many raccoon characters in video games are in fact orange and brown. I've just never seen one like that in real life.

Nonetheless, we've got blue hedgehogs and purple cats, so...

Ehhh...not too keen on the voice, but that script feels pretty cringe-worthy and trying too hard to be funny and not that great (as others have mentioned). Definitely in need of a rewrite for that one. Also, if she's written like that for the most part and of the main cast, meaning a hefty amount of screen time, it'll definitely feel grating and it'll get annoying too quickly.

Not to mention the fact she looks almost identical to Marine like it was some kind of retooled OC of her. I would have mind at least a darker color scheme. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhh...not too keen on the voice, but that script feels pretty cringe-worthy and trying too hard to be funny and not that great (as others have mentioned). Definitely in need of a rewrite for that one. Also, if she's written like that for the most part and of the main cast, meaning a hefty amount of screen time, it'll definitely feel grating and it'll get annoying too quickly.

Not to mention the fact she looks almost identical to Marine like it was some kind of retooled OC of her. I would have mind at least a darker color scheme. 

Huh. I personally got a few good chuckles out of it, especially the science line.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger flashbacks. Boomerangs.

But that scrip, violins? Is funny joke because you wouldn't think a government agency would replace things with them.

Since I slept through most of the day, the new video really surprised me when I woke up. With that and the new Gamecube controller announcement, I was starting to question exactly how much I could miss while asleep. XD Anyway, Sticks is looking like a pretty fun character. I immediately recognized Nika Futterman's voice the second she slipped into character and I think she's doing a great job so far. Her voice is zany, yet kind of adorable at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing how Sticks plays off of the other characters and I'm liking how she's a bit crazier than the rest, similar to a character I really love in Archie, Bean. Plus, it's just nice to see more named, fully realized anthro characters originating from the TV shows that perfectly fit in with the rest of the cast. That was something that was sorely missing from Sonic X. (Aside from a plant or two. tongue.png)

Also DAT MARINE FAKE-OUT. XD

I'm going to wait and see how Sticks well... sticks.

But she mentioned something about a government taking things?

463px-Gun_logo.png

... nah, couldn't be...

• Thumbs Up 8

I've never seen an orange and brown raccoon, either.

I don't see the fuss about the colors. xP

EDIT: I just realized how many raccoon characters in video games are in fact orange and brown. I've just never seen one like that in real life.

Nonetheless, we've got blue hedgehogs and purple cats, so...

Marine looks like a Japanese Raccoon

400px-Tanuki_0161.jpg

I'm going to wait and see how Sticks well... sticks.

But she mentioned something about a government taking things?

463px-Gun_logo.png

... nah, couldn't be...

GUN Truck confirmed!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Marine looks like a Japanese Raccoon

And I'm glad that she isn't one, though. I mean...if she was a male Japanese raccoon-dog, there would be endless big balls jokes.

She's definitely this kind, though; the Japanese Badger

Meles_meles_anakuma_at_Inokashira_Park_Z

IT. IS. A. DIFFERENT. CONTINUITY.

I'm still inclined to think this is damage control. No other side continuity has gotten this much press or marketing. Fleetway and Archie/SatAM still have a loyal following... and they were even bigger back in the day. Where's their games? Cameos don't count. While SEGA had saved Sally from death on the basis of using her in other pursuits - read: games and merch - it didn't really happen.

They've clearly changed their outlook on side continuities.

If Boom fails, that's that. If Boom does well, it can become the de facto main continuity, if not de jure. It's win win.

I'm still inclined to think this is damage control. No other side continuity has gotten this much press or marketing. Fleetway and Archie/SatAM still have a loyal following... and they were even bigger back in the day. Where's their games? Cameos don't count. While SEGA had saved Sally from death on the basis of using her in other pursuits - read: games and merch - it didn't really happen.

They've clearly changed their outlook on side continuities.

If Boom fails, that's that. If Boom does well, it can become the de facto main continuity, if not de jure. It's win win.

I'm inclined to think you're being paranoid. Even if Boom succeeds, there is no chance, nor is there any reason to become or overtake the main continuity. At all.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'll quote myself from the status updates:

The Italian voice actor of Knuckles in Generations and Lost World, Maurizio Merluzzo, announced on his facebook page that he is voicing Knuckles for another project. Sonic Boom, most likely. This is him, by the way; https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/q74/s720x720/947274_10151450708326430_2075493282_n.jpg Now I finally understand the redesign.

The guy uploaded this photo not too long ago:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=795944140416347&set=pb.345112592166173.-2207520000.1401559814.&type=1

With the following description

Who knows when this photo was taken...and who knows its meaning...trololol

He doesn't actually says if it is the game or the series, but it still suggests that Sonic Boom may arrive in Italy.

Seems like Boom's gonna be SoA and SoE-handled then. We could've guessed that already, but this is further evidence for the pile. It's shaping up like everyone except Japan's getting Boom.

EDIT: In fact, I've just realised this is a bit bigger than that. This means parts of the EU outside of France are getting the show, though it hasn't been announced yet. Excellent -- I hope the UK and the rest of Europe gets a release window now.

Seems like Boom's gonna be SoA and SoE-handled then. We could've guessed that already, but this is further evidence for the pile. It's shaping up like everyone except Japan's getting Boom.

I find that to be kind of funny (ironic? I don't really know what word I should use here) because I believe I read somewhere that some Japanese fans thought this looked pretty cool, with the Americanized designs and whatnot. I know "some" fans doesn't represent the whole country, but I find it kind of funny that this straight up "American" Sonic is more interesting to at least "some" Japanese fans than the "Semi-American" main Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 8

There is still hope for this show, they just need to fix a few things.
They need to scrap the lazy and unfunny puns. Either they just love stating the obvious or they love appealing to 8-9 year olds.
If they keep up these abnormally strange changes to Sonic, He's going to be wearing a jersey with 50 meter legs in 2021.....I'm calling it right now.
They could have just kept him the same from Sonic Unleashed/Generations, but no.
I got a better idea! Take Sonic and Tails, have them join a group of oh I don't know... "freedom fighters" and have them fight against this guy called "robotnik"  (Who would make this eggman guy wet himself) Fire this Roger Cringe Smith guy and get some cocky dude who makes Sonic sound way past cool! And i'd say you got yourself a darn good show. (Oh but don't end it on a cliffhanger on the 2nd season okay?)

And let's not forget...

Sonic fell on his face and he has great agility
Tails fell on his face and he can fly
Knuckles fell on his butt and he has strength
Amy landed perfectly and she doesn't own any abilities
Seems legit...

Sonic fell on his face and he has great agility

Tails fell on his face and he can fly

Amy landed perfectly and she doesn't own any abilities

Seems legit...

It seems that one has forgotten, or is currently unaware of how this being a different continuity completely would help legitimize such.

All the same, though it is quite risky making such an assumption without knowledge on the actual context, unless that person were to say, be from the future.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why should Sonic and Tails join a group of "Freedom Fighters" if they're already in a group with their closest friends?

• Thumbs Up 5

Why should Sonic and Tails join a group of "Freedom Fighters" if they're already in a group with their closest friends?

Well, the group of friends would probably aid them if they stumbled upon a group of freedom fighters that was under autocratic, ruthless control. That's true.

Now, join them? That's a probably, but honestly, it's far more likely they'd have a sappy ending of "honorary freedom fighter" and, of course, that doesn't mean that Sonic or their friends would stick around.

How being strong can prevent from falling on the butt?

• Thumbs Up 3

There is still hope for this show, they just need to fix a few things.
They need to scrap the lazy and unfunny puns. Either they just love stating the obvious or they love appealing to 8-9 year olds.
If they keep up these abnormally strange changes to Sonic, He's going to be wearing a jersey with 50 meter legs in 2021.....I'm calling it right now.

They could have just kept him the same from Sonic Unleashed/Generations, but no.

I got a better idea! Take Sonic and Tails, have them join a group of oh I don't know... "freedom fighters" and have them fight against this guy called "robotnik"  (Who would make this eggman guy wet himself) Fire this Roger Cringe Smith guy and get some cocky dude who makes Sonic sound way past cool! And i'd say you got yourself a darn good show. (Oh but don't end it on a cliffhanger on the 2nd season okay?)

That would be a terrible idea. After all I watch Sonic cartoons for...well...Sonic.

I don't watch them to have original characters play co-protagonist*, lord themselves over Sonic, steal his significance to the narrative and them have Tails whimpering in the background somewhere while the bloated cast fly off in his plane without him.

* For the record I actually like Sally and SatAM but it doesn't change my point that Sonic seems to be more significant in Boom than he ever was in SatAM. And Tails is definitely more significant.