Awoo.

Sonikkus Reviews (new: Sonic Colors)

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Gameplay: The day-time gameplay was the best! Sonic has all his best moves like the homing attack and his speed. This game is where I got to play with the boost. You need to collect rings, perform action chains, and drift to fill up your boost. Sonic can also wall-jump, stomp and he can drift on corners. I like the drifting because it can also keep your speed going without stopping to avoid hitting corners. Sonic also can start with the spindash if you shake the wii mote at the right time and he gets an extra boost. He was simply a joy to play as and Sonic will always be amazing. 10/10

The night-time stages were awesome. At night Sonic changes into a warehog and has different moves. He is slower but not too slow, just right. In this form, Sonic still had the moves like an acrobat. He can spin on poles to go to high places and he can use his arms to go faster for dashing. Sonic can double jump and hang on ledges. He can also use fighting skills. He can punch and spin his enimes to the ground. He collects force called Gia force to be stronger and get more moves. Sonic can also grab monsters and slam them to the ground and he can even use them to get across to higher places. This gameplay was alot of fun and it was different and one of the best ways to show Sonic and his skills. 10/10

Night-time showed the combat, fighting side of Sonic while day-time showed an acrobatic Sonic. More Sonic-only games should do this!

Story: Sonic is on Dr Eggmans ship fighting all of his robots. He turns into Super Sonic and breaks into Eggmans room. But to Sonics suprise, Dr Eggman traps him in his machine, sucking out all of his power to power up his laser. Meanwhile, telling him that he wants to revive Dark Gia and rule the world to bulid Eggmanland. Sonic when he got all of his power taken away, turned into a warehog (he turns into this at night) due to the dark energy of the chaos emeralds. Eggman fires the laser, which frees Dark Gia and splits the Earth. Sonic then gets ejected from the ship and falls into the earth, saved by an unknown force. He lands on a flying dog-looking creature he names Chip later on. Chip has lost his memory and Sonic thinks it was his fault, so he and Chip set out on an Adventure to stop Eggman and help his friend get his memory.

I thought the story was an intresting story to follow. It really shows Sonics personality, like saving his friends and adventuring while helping Chip find his memory. He is a guy who loves to help people, especially his friends. I also love stories about traveling and this story had alot of traveling all around the world. Very easy to follow story. 10/10

Visuals: the visuals were amazing. they were smooth for 3-D models. 10/10

Music: the soundtrack was also amazing. my favorite songs were Endless Possiblity, Eggmanland (day and night), Dragon Road (day and night), Rooftop run (day and night) and many more!

All and all this game is amazing. Sonic play were well and it showed two sides of him. The fighting side and the acrobatic side. During the day, Sonic is really fast and has his boost which makes the game fun along with his other moves. At night, Sonic uses his fighting skills to help him. The story was very easy to follow and fun and the music was great. I will tell anyone to play this game!

Game: 10/10

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic Heroes Review

Gameplay: This game focus on the teamwork. You switch characters when you are you supposed to. What I didn't like was that with the characters you were down to only two ablities plus the one that defines why they are there.

-flying characters fly and thundershoot

-power characters break things and glide (which is an ablitiy they got from Knuckles)

-speed characters homing attack (ablity from Sonic) and run

What I liked was that some characters got some differents. Like Espio turning invisable, Amy floating with her hammer, and Bigs fishing pole have a long range. But other than, everyone played the same. The speed characters were all given Sonics ablity to homing attack and power characters were given a Knuckles like ablity of their own only to use on fans. All and all I thought the gameplay was boring and felt like I was doing the same thing but with different skins. 4/10

Story: Team Sonic - Sonic and his friends were running until they get a letter from Dr Eggman saying that he will destroy the world and they must stop him. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles go on a fun adventure to stop Dr Eggman. I like this story because its short, sweet and to be honest Team Sonic was the only team in for a good cause. They want to stop Dr Eggman and Sonic helped all the way. 10/10

Team Dark - While hunting for Eggmans treasure Rouge finds Shadow sealed in the capsule. However Shadow gets into a fight with Omega. After they calm down, they form a team, each with their own goals. Shadow the find his past, Rouge to find treasure and Omega to destroy Eggman. I didnt get this story at first but I understood it. I felt that this team was forced together and they felt least like a team. And they all had different goals. Shadow was in it for the good reason. Still selfish reasons. (and I did not like the idea of Rouge being the leader) 3/10

Team Rose - Big and Cream and Cheese friends (Froggy and Chocola) are missing and Amy wants to find Sonic. So they go on an adventure to find them. One positive thing about them is that I think they were more like a team than Team Dark. But I felt that it was more the "find Sonic" show than anything. Like I think Amy was only in it to help her friends so that she could find Sonic (if I beat Eggman, he love me!!!). And their theme song... ehh mostly about Amy. I also liked how cute it was when they found Froggy and Chocola and I was happy to see Big back. 5/10

Team Chaotix - Vector and Espio were relaxing until Charmy comes with a walkietalkie. They had work to do and the person behind the walkietalkie promised them money, so they went on an adventure. I liked the mission work and its what Sonic Adventure/2 treasure hunting should have been like. They felt also like a team and they work well together. And I can tolorate Vector in this game because he did something instead of complain about money. Though they were in for a selfish reason: money, they were fun to work with. (did I mention I just love Charmy??) 7/10

Visuals: the visuals were a little bit better than the Adventure games but still choppy 6/10

Music: the music was awesome! I love all the stage music like Ocean Palace, Mystic Mansion, Hang Castle, Egg fleet, Robot Carnival and many more. And I love the theme songs. We Can is my favorite and I also like This Machine and Team Chaotix. Follow Me didnt really fit as a team song. More like an Amy theme song (but replace My Sweet Passion with this and Ill be happy) 8/10

All and all I didnt really like the game. The other characters all played the same with the same idea. Team Sonic was the only team I really liked and I felt a bond with the three characters second being Team Chaotix. I think Team Rose felt like the dymanic duo of Big and Cream and Amy leading them only to to get her goal of finding Sonic. Team Dark felt forced together. I also didnt like Metal Sonic. But this game has it's good points being:

-Team Sonic

-the music

-more tolerable Vector (my first game with him was Sonic Free Riders and he was awful)

-Team Chaotix missions are what Adventure treasure hunting should be like

-Big is in the game and fishing pole long range

-Team Blasts (Team Chaotixs was the best)

-special stages

Game: 5/10

• 3 weeks later...

Gameplay: Sonic 4 Episode 1 was near perfect gameplay but Episode 2 was perfect. It fixed the problems from the last game such as uncurling and loosing momentum when you spindash. Not only that but the newly added character, Tails was more than a follow me character, you can actually use him to help you through the game. He can pick you up and fly to high places making it easy to avoid water pits and go to tops of loops to get those +1 life boxes. Tails can also combine with your spindash make your spindash stronger breaking through those tough metal walls. Also when you are Super Sonic you can break from it by calling Tails to help you. Speaking of Super Sonic, he was easy to control. Most games have uncontrolable Super Sonic but this game, he was faster but you had more control over the gold hedgehog, which also makes this game perfect in gameplay. 10/10

Story: Eggman takes animals and turns them into robots. Simple and sweet story. But there is also Episode Metal where Eggman awakes Metal Sonic and he goes backwards through 3 stages in the same. It was about Metal Sonic becoming Sonics rival again. 10/10

Music: the music was awesome. My favorites were Boss themes, Desert, Special Stage, Castle. 10/10

Visuals: the visuals were amazing. clear and to the point. 10/10

All and all this game was great improvement from the the first game. It fixed the uncurling and added something fun with a new playable character. Tails was there to help you every step of the way! Not only that but you can also play as Metal Sonic. This game is amazing.

Wow, this is probably the most positive review of this game that I've ever seen. Not that that's a bad thing, because I enjoyed Ep. 2 a lot.

The only little inconsistency I have to point out with this review, and I'm sure you probably skipped this over by accident, is this quote:

added something fun with a new playable character.

since Tails technically isn't playable unless you're playing with someone else. But it's just a small little thing. I enjoy reading these reviews! keep it up! :D

• 1 month later...

Sonic Advance Review

Gameplay: the gameplay was all very slow to me. When I spindash I loose momentums quickly. To gain speed I jump and or roll which is okay but it wasnt gaining speed. Getting up slopes was a nightmere to where sometimes I slide down a loop or a slope. Especially as Amy. 1/10

Sonic - Sonic is the fastest but he is still slow at start. The horrible part is that unlike everyone else Sonic has no special skills. I can mid air dash but I find it being useless. Summersult was okay but it didnt work as I though. I though it would lanch me faster but it wasnt the case. 2/10

Tails - Tails was very slow and very easy and boring. He has a skill call Tails Swipe and I wanted to use it. I can only use it on the ground. He can fly and that makes him the easy to play as. 1/10

Knuckles - Knuckles was also very slow. He has his gliding ablity which make it fun to glide over the stages. Knuckles can also climb walls which I find useless in this game and verrry slow. He also has a punching attack you can only use on the ground. 2/10

Amy - Amy is ... intresting. She doesnt have curling and she has her hammer moves. When she hits springs she goes up higher. I like her gameplay in Sonic Adventure and I think its OK in this game. Its easy to fight bosses. Its hard to figure the stage with her. My problem is that its so dang hard to go up a slope as her with the giant steps move when I slide back down. She was also very slow as well. 2/10

The special stages were very hard for me to understand the first time I play and finish this game. But they were hidden. I like that you didnt need X amount of rings but it took me many trys to find them. The special stage themself was not bad. It was a normal collect the rings stage. 4/10

The Moon Zone stage was also ok. It remind me of the Doomsday from Sonic 3 and Knuckles. As Super Sonic you fight Eggmans giant robot. That part I liked. 8/10

Story: the story was simple. rescue animals from Eggman. Simple and I like. 10/10

Music: It had a OK soundtrack. The only songs I didnt like were Moon Zone, Chao garden, Ice Moutain 2 and both Angel Island songs. My favorites were Secret Base, Final Boss, Secret Base 2, Cosmic Angel and X Zone.  The rest I liked. 5/10

Visuals: The level design was just there. it was flat and to me it was terrible. the rest of the visuals i didnt care for. 1/10

Overall I really hate this game. If I had to put it somewhere on my most hated Sonic games list it would be number 2 and then Sonic Advance 2 comes next and then Sonic Chaos, Sonic 3 etc. I hate the game because I think its slow dull and boring. There were hard to find special stages and Sonic was treated badly with no special moves. His air dash needs work because it was useless. The level design was also horrible in my opinion. It has its good points. The final boss, Moon Zone, Amy having intresting gameplay idea from Sonic Adventure and most of the soundtrack and Egg Rocket Zone was my favorite stage in the game.

Game: 3/10

Amy - Amy is ... intresting. She doesnt have curling and she has her hammer moves. When she hits springs she goes up higher. I like her gameplay in Sonic Adventure and I think its OK in this game. Its easy to fight bosses. Its hard to figure the stage with her. My problem is that its so dang hard to go up a slope as her with the giant steps move when I slide back down. She was also very slow as well. 2/10

You said her gameplay is OK in this game, but then gave it a 2/10?

I can't agree with your opinion

i would give Sonic what he had in Sonic 4 or Sonic Colors DS

If it is the jump dash or boost, I wouldn't think it's a good idea since this is Dimps' attempt at making a classic styled Sonic game with modern touches. 

I didnt feel like it to me. sad.png

Well by comparing Sonic 1 with Advance 1, it's roughly the same gameplay style but with extra moves and decent level design. Mind if I ask, then what do you feel should a classic Sonic game should be?

Sonic Colors

Gameplay: The gameplay is amazing. Sonic has a new move the double jump which is very useful for getting up to the platforms. He can also boost, homing attack, quick step and stomp as well like he did in Sonic Unleashed. Sonic can also wall jump and do tricks. Sonic is really fast and hes amazing. There is something else that adds on top of Sonics amazing:

WISPS!

The cute little aliens. They add so much to Sonics amazing gameplay. For example:

White - this wisps lets you boost. I use to not like that I need them to boost. But I dont mind it because Sonic is already fast and the wisps are in alot of places. I like this alot.

Orange - this wisps lets you rocket and get to those high places and sometimes break boxes. This one is fun especially in planet wisps because there is alot to explore and it allow me to do that.

Yellow - this wisps let you drill. I love this one because i get to explore under the ground and sand and i can pick up rings and items. And its fast and fun.

Green - this wisps let you hover. its like the light speed dash but with a wisps. i think it is very intresting because going through the rings is awesome and it allows to explore.

Cyan - this wisps let you be a lazer. I love this one because you bounce all around the stage and you can take out a line of ememy robots. it allows o exlore if you use it right with the floating dimonds.

Blue - this wisps let you cube. Its intresting because you can make a path to explore or go somewhere or you can take the blocks out of you way and turn them into rings.

Pink - this wisps is a spike ball. I love this one because not only to you spindash but you can stick to the walls and its a life saver for me and those bottom less pitts. it also allows for exploring.

Purple - the frenzy wisps! its intresting and fun! Sonic is a giant frenzy wisps and he chomps on everything to get through. also allow to explore if you use right.

I love these wisps because they allow Sonic to expend his moves. He can drill, hover, spike and alot more. It offers me to explore with Sonic places I want to go. they along with Sonic make me want to explore the levels and play the game alot more. All and all, Sonic is amazing on his own and his wisps powers make exploring fun. 10/10

Story: Sonic and Tails go to Eggmans Amusement park to see if hes doing anythng evil. Sonic knows he is so he breaks in. they find that they are kidnapping wisps aliens. they meet a wisps call Yakcer and they help him with the help of a broken translater to save his friends and his planet.

I love the story. First it a light hearted cheery story thats simple. Sonic is saving cute aliens from Baldy McNoserhair. Speaking of McNosehair the jokes in this story were funny. My favorites were the copy right laws, thinking that Yacker was called Soccer*/Talks alot, Yacker say Eggman look like the hige tamago/Baldy McNoserhair*, Sonic talking to the dead robots, Cubots ninja and sumo wresler voices and more. It make me laugh. When I am sad I play Sonic Colors and watch Sonic, Tails and Eggman in action. Eggmans jokes are also funny and Tails is useful. He builds the translater and he save Sonic once 10/10

Music: The music is awesome. My favorites on Terminal Velocity all acts, Sweet Mountain all acts, Starlight Carnival act 1 and more! 10/10

Visuals: The visuals are amazing. They are clear and the level designs are awesome. Sweet Mountain and Starlight Carnival are my favorites. 10/10

all and all, its a wonderful game. as for the stars I put. I needed to switch the voices a couple of times because i had trouble read the subtitles. In the native versions, Tails translater say Soccer. Yacker say about Eggman looking like this hige tamago:

img57605825.jpg

yeah it make sense. And Sonic want to make sure the machine was broken haha. So yes amazing game and it makes me happy when Im sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic colours is one of my all-time fave sonic game and I gotta say with those jokes/references I really want to play it again with Jap cutscenes XDDD