Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Eligibility Photos

Chris

crowbeatearthbound_zps31213872.jpg

Completed Earthbound. Its a beautiful and wonderful game. I'm glad I had the chance to play through it again.

And yes Jude was talking to me during this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes.

YES.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

20131231_010651_zps473aedf5.jpg
20131231_010827_zps3f6cd9fb.jpg

Finished Mega Man 7! I originally played through most of it up to the final Wily Machine boss a few days ago, but I abandoned it out of rage at constantly having to redo every single Robot Master in the boss rush after I used up all of my energy and weapon tanks on Wily. (I even deleted the rom, I was so frustrated. tongue.png) But, funnily enough, I decided to give it another shot a few minutes ago because the deadline was approaching and I beat him on my first try. (I actually only lost to the Robot Masters. Guess my first attempt was just weathered by the exhaustion at having played it for over six hours only to be curbstomped by Wily at 3:00 in the morning. XD) Bit of a disclaimer, though: I didn't remember any of the passwords that I had unlocked because I abandoned it, so I just found one for the final Wily level on GameFAQs. It had a couple of things that I originally hadn't bothered with unlocking or buying, like the Proto Shield and Exit device, but I didn't actually use anything besides what I had unlocked on my first attempt. Hope it still counts. XD

tGsLEzv.png

BhFqWTo.png

EH9uGMO.png

Didn't think I could beat this in three days, but there you have it

cpKk5tp.png

MEvbT6K.png

EDIT: Also finished Dynamite Headdy (JP version)

I think I've still got time to post it. Finally, went through all these games!

Entry for Sonic Gold 2013 Award.

1) Sonic the Hedgehog (Steam port - Sega Genesis & MD)

Got all the emeralds.

xsgl.jpg

Defeated Dr. Robotnik.

6q8q.jpg

Got the good ending with all collected emeralds.

9y62.jpg

2) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Steam port - Sega Genesis & MD)

Got all the emeralds (worst special stages in the entire Sonic's history!)

l865.jpg

Defeated Eggman the Looser.

wua0.jpg

Super Sonic ending

fr42.jpg

3) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Steam port - Sega Genesis & MD)

Got all the Chaos Emeralds.

axa0.jpg

Got all the Super Emeralds.

6phm.jpg

Defeated Eggman in the space with Hyper sparkliness powers.

ez7y.jpg

Hyper Sonic Ending.

o25k.jpg

4) Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Steam, Taxman)

Got all the time stones (most enjoyable special stages imo).

d0do.jpg

Defeated Eggman again *sigh*. And I can't say why it was a good future. Usually when I had been collecting all time stones, it was a present time in final boss. oh, well...

8os2.jpg

Got the good ending.

zbxv.jpg

Aw, thanks) You're too, game.

5) Sonic Spinball (Steam port - Sega Genesis & MD)

And with all seriousness, THIS game can freely go to hell without any permission. I think it deserves its own award for being so f***ing bad. I spent almost a whole day trying to beat a final goddamn level. I almost threw away my computer because of this. And I finally did it, thanks to god. Never ever touching this game again!

Defeated Dr. Robotnik. *uurgh, so much pain in my head*

i2jq.jpg

Ending cutscene. Goodbye Robotnik!

5n3u.jpg

6) Knuckles' Chaotix (Sega 32X, emulated on Fusion)

I was playing this game for the first time, and I must say I REALLY enjoyed playing this. Good game!

Got all the Chaos Rings.

bkgj.jpg

Defeated the final boss.

a6xl.jpg

"All the Chaos Rings collected" reminder.

l3ey.jpg

And the credits.

6u4w.jpg

The conclusion. Most enjoyable games - Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Knuckles' Chaotix. Most hated - guess what... 

I'm finally done with this! Did I win the award?

My last game for the year is Megaman X3

t5geoNo.png

Getting the gold armor was a paaaaaiiinnn, the rest was actually easier than what I remembered, with the exception of the fight against the Bit and Byte fusion.

Truth to be told my idea was to complete Chrono Trigger and go from there but as it turns out, I just didn't have enough time (I hope that doesn't count as a pun) to complete that game before the end of the event.

Of course I'm going to try to beat that game (and the rest I had planned to play during the event) but this is as far as I can go for the badges.

Items are for chumps. Clear time is what really counts. 

QAb1eDp.jpg

Would've liked to do more, but I couldn't possibly fit in the time. Had fun with what I did get to, though.

Some last minute stuff.

Mega Man 7.

62KSPvE.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

gV1xKZC.jpg

Captain Fun and I beat GRAND UPPA Streets of Rage 2. I was Max Thunder, and he was Axel.

5ygftxd.jpg

Last but not least, Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I had a problem with this one. The version I played was on Steam, and ONLY ran at fullscreen to my understanding. The print screen function wouldn't capture the image at all. I had to go back and re-beat the final boss before I realized exactly what was wrong.

s2wvK8d.jpg

But you can see, the upper left corner shows the ending sequence with Sonic and the Master Emerald.

FFKwaf7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Christmas holidays have been quite busy since it’s been a time where I spent most of the time with the family and away from all my gaming goods. Nevertheless, I took my precious Mega Drive and Super Nintendo with me and grab a couple of the games listed at the Holiday Gaming Awards topic so I could participate in the contest. I did my best to complete at least 12 games, arranged into 7 Mega Drive games and 5 Super Nintendo titles.

There are plenty of pictures, so I have hidden ‘em all under spoiler tags for better convenience.

Streets of Rage 2 – A quick run on Normal as Blaze. Ended with 772,690 points and without using any continues.

w7vo.jpg

ntsr.jpg

ekm4.jpg

Ristar – Another quick run on Normal (4 Stars). Had to continue at Kaiser Greedy’s battle, sadly, so the score ended on 28,200 points. Still, cleared the game which was main the goal after all.

t5fh.jpg

fpwy.jpg

y3gi.jpg

Dynamite Headdy – Quick run as well. Ended with 21 / 39 Secret Bonus Points and 365,900 points. Took the chance to do the secret stage in order to achieve The End screen.

Oh, and in regards to the damn difficult Dark Demon boss fight… God bless the Hammer Head. X3

bq6t.jpg

3eec.jpg

y2sh.jpg

h1qt.jpg

ui7d.jpg

Earthworm Jim – When I found out this game was chosen for the HGA, I didn’t have the original cartridge with me to play; however, I had to use the remake released on the Xbox 360 since it’s pretty much the exact same core game. Anyway, I made it to the end pretty quickly as well.

Hope this one is eligible for the badge!

hjgq.jpg

hhay.jpg

Revenge of Shinobi – Quick run on Normal (3 lives) and 50 Shuriken, true ending achieved as well. Had to farm a hell of a lot of points in order to get the life bar to its maximum though (hence the score of 746,400 points), and with a reason: the game is relentless in the last 3 stages. o_o

zxpo.jpg

s3j4.jpg

zmhs.jpg

Rocket Knight Adventures – Quick run on Hard (2 lives, 3 continues). Defeated Emperor Devligus and achieved the true ending.

z9ca.jpg

4t7l.jpg

f3vf.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 – Defeated Dr Robotnik’s Big Arms with all Chaos Emeralds obtained. One of my favourite Sonic games of all time (including Sonic 3 & Knuckles). =)

xfvr.jpg

w2dp.jpg

7phl.jpg

Tetris Attack – I decided to take the extra mile for this one by completing the story not on Hard, but on Very Hard mode instead (red background colour). Defeated Bowser with no continues used, achieving the true ending: the quote Now, let’s go play, together. Together under the clearest of blue skies, alongside The End screen, are their actual proofs.

Yep, I love Panel De Pon. =3

uz50.jpg

7kkx.jpg

jdkl.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past – Defeated Ganon with 18 Hearts, all items and all equipment upgrades. Spent quite a while on completing as much as possible on this game, but boy did I enjoy every single minute of it. =)

2cgn.jpg

3uf9.jpg

Kirby Super Star (Ultra) – 100% completed, including all the treasures in The Great Cave Offensive, all the abilities in Milky Way Wishes, and both The Arena and The TRUE Arena completed.

As a big Kirby fan (and this game being one of my all-time favourites in the series), I seriously couldn’t pass it, especially when the remake is just even better. =)

bz52.jpg

0wqz.jpg

3nf8.jpg

r7qa.jpg

vxab.jpg

Super Metroid – Just like Earthworm Jim, didn’t have the original cartridge with me by the time this game was added to the list, so I went to the Virtual Console version instead. Unlike A Link To The Past, I didn’t spend as much time as I would have liked on this game as New Year’s Eve day was approaching. Cleared in 6 hours 41 minutes and with 61% completion.

qolt.jpg

uky0.jpg

ylvu.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 3 (SMA4) – Originally it was going to be Super Mario World, but the internal battery of the SNES cartridge is dead so I couldn’t save the game at all. =( Therefore, SMB3 had to be the chosen one for this badge (the Advance 4 version, which is essentially the same one featured in All-Stars).

Defeated Bowser. Rescued Princess Peach. The End. A timeless classic. =)

h8na.jpg

khxf.jpg

I’m done! Revisiting all these classics was tons of fun indeed. Hope there’s another Holiday Gaming Awards for 2014! =D

• Thumbs Up 1

Last one for me, Shinobi.

C8SuSmD.png

SCaQjod.png

Started off really good and fun... and then.... then I got to Round 6 and all happiness left =(

But then he got on a horse and things became good again. Because Horse.

Edit: In case you can't tell, Lucky and I did this together... good old fashioned controller swap when we died/beat a stage.

She got the surfing level... I got the horrible maze levels. =(

Alright, I beat.

Earthworm Jim

aoeNu0X.jpg

Megaman 7

TdesBPm.jpg

Super Mario RPG

BCALfCk.jpg

TMNT: Turtles in Time

MONmCtF.jpg

Super Ghosts & Ghouls

7UZiGlt.jpg

and I'm done! Finally, I'm free!

Well, I've played all the games I wanted to play! I feel like I could've done much more but this is due to spending time with the family and going out during Christmas. Can't help that, no big deal. So, besides Kirby Super Star, here's the rest!

First up; Sonic 3! Love this game, so it didn't take me long to beat Big Arm with all the Chaos Emeralds for the first time.

zobb.png

The Lion King, a game I've played before on the Gameboy and didn't like very much. Wanted to try out the Megadrive version since I heard that one was great and yep, I enjoyed it very much and would like to replay it again. Helps that it's one of my favourite Disney films too. =D

s95d.png

Another game by the same developers of the Lion King I played and finished for the first time ever, Aladdin! Just wanted to play it cos it's another great Disney film and it doesn't seem right to me to play one Disney game and not the other.

m0c6.png

Dynamite Headdy is tha best! Nuff said. <3

dhpp.png

Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Mario Advance 4)! First time I've ever beaten the game, and damn proud of it too.

c53.JPG

And finally, A Link to the Past!

rp46.png

I wish I could have played more games like Starfox, Ristar, Super Metroid, Rocket Knight and Streets of Rage but I didn't have the time and most of these games I've hardly played so I'd probably never finish em anyway. XP Anyhoo, here's hoping there's another Gaming Awards event in December 2014!

Super Mario World

QONaNoP.png

Yeah I used a rom that palette swaps Mario and Luigi so you can play as Luigi in single player don't judge me pls.

Donkey Kong Country

2I3td4Z.png

I'll admit, going into this game I expected it to feel archaic, as I've only played Donkey Kong Country Returns. But I was happily surprised to find out that it actually holds up really well against Returns, and it's piqued my interest in the rest of the SNES games.

Milky Way Wishes in Kirby Super Star (Ultra)

HdIAcAe.png

Sonic CD (with the good ending)

tfqo4Wp.png

Due to lack of time (as I've been working 50 and 60 hour workweeks since this event started) I wasn't able to participate as much as I had liked to. After several attempts and ragequits along the way with several eligible games, I managed to beat Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine:

qyp5tJm.jpg?1

Yeah go ahead and run, Robotnik! It took me FOREVER to finally beat you!

WZJ467x.jpg?1

There's a shot of the final part of the credits. I think Has Bean is adorable! Thanks for the "thumbs up", Sonic! I sure did need it after the countless battles I lost en route to finally beating the game!

If anything, this event taught me that I am extremely rusty when it comes to playing video games and that I seriously need to practice. happy.png Playing all of these games was like reliving my childhood, as some of these games I hadn't played in 20 years-and it really showed! Amid that, I had a lot of fun, though and I hope that we have another Gaming Award Event in 2014! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

712GsIB.jpg

Nearly 20 years of owning this game, hardly ever getting near the half way mark in the game, and today after some hours was able to beat it finally. Admittedly had to use level select a few times to retry bosses I failed on (fuckin' Gateskeeper, Twin Heads, and the final dude), but eventually were able to defeat them all. Always loved this game for how quirky and full of character it was, and seeing the "new" stuff I hadn't seen before was even better. Might play this more often now and see if I can get better at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

SMW:

2013-12-31-181130_zpscd24e0c2.jpg

Sonic 1:

2013-12-31-190432_zps201581bc.jpg

I probably should have done this earlier, lol.

Oh, and excuse the poor quality. I had to use my VITA as I don't have a camera.

o0ntc2.jpg

102% Donkey Kong Country 2

539zk7.jpg

This is for the regular Donkey Kong Country award... But it's on a 105% file too. XD

20gk4n7.png

Mega Man X

20ji9v7.png

Mega Man 7

4gjfq1.jpg

Sonic 2

2h65ch0.jpg

Super Mario World

x1zqe8.png

Chrono Trigger

2571ymc.jpg

Earthbound

2d7hmkg.png

Final Fantasy VI

20jsdpz.png

Super Castlevania IV

nf49rb.png

A Link to the Past

2m26q1e.png

Super Metroid

2vj1vyb.png

t684yb.png

Super Mario RPG - Like a couple others I forgot to take a picture after Culex... Hope this picture in front of where his door was is good enough!

augsb4.png

Kirby's Dreamland 3 - Kirby Gold Award

2qa635i.png

Kirby Super Star - Kirby Regular Award

ea4dpe.png

Tetris Attack

t9uxkl.png

Aladdin

This was a terrible movie game with great music. Took all day to complete the last 2 levels, and I even had to use slowdown on the last part of the lava level (stupid rocks).

11677347415_1e77bdb870_o.png