Awoo.

YouTube changing how you upload videogame footage.

Badnik Mechanic

Well

If it's any consolation, this means PewDiePie wont be getting rich anymore.

At the cost of everybody else getting screwed? I don't think it's worth it

• Thumbs Up 5

Listening to the new video.

The people who will be labled partners are those who are close to the network, so Totalbiscuit will still be able to upload stuff unchallenge... however, despite how large his channel is. Angry Joe cannot, even though they're on the same network.

But theres a bigger controversy here.

Those signed upto the MCN's who are not being given partner status are not having a change in their contract. So if they agreed to give 40% of their revenue to the MCN's they still have to give that ammount, even though they're not getting the same benefit as other content proviers on the same network.

Youtube: "Let's ban everything! Surely this won't affect our site!"

YouTube: "Let's make our website even more shittier and even more unlikable than the last time we made it shittier and unlikable! Surely this won't affect our site and popularity!"

911_JonDownvoteGif.gif

^ This needs a YouTube logo 'shopped on it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm still uploading RE4 footage and none have been removed. I doubt they'll see this through. YouTube is dumb but there's no way it's this dumb.

This is a court case waiting to happen, for sure. Pretty sure you're entitled to review an agreement if changes are made to a service that the agreement is based on, and if it isn't, it will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

All this before I even get my recording device to start uploading video again too, I know it probably won't affect other people as much as some that are mentioned but I would say its a good guess to say that it might extend beyond it at some point.

I swear, one of these days, we're all going to have to migrate to blip.tv or something. Youtube just has this ungodly fascination with screwing its users over. It's even more ridiculous than the Xbone circa E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SK3y1a8TYs

Are you having a fucking laugh?

This is too bloody disgraceful even for Google.

What's next ban everything that isn't posted by some corporation?

• Thumbs Up 2

...god damn you, google.

That's several people's livelihoods ruined. NintendoCapriSun and Lucahjin are fucked, and it's all because you corporate cunts backpedaled.

• Thumbs Up 3

So would people like Pewdiepie and Game Grumps be alright, or would they be fucked as well?

Pewdiepie will live to shriek another day.

...Sadly.

As far as the Grumps, I'm honestly unsure, especially after Angry Joe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Felix is a cash cow, he's probably safe.

Don't know about Game Grumps, but I doubt that's their only source of income.

Wait, this isn't a fucking rumor? It's been confirmed?

Holy shit, they just hammered in the last nail in their coffin, didn't they?

I'm sincerely hoping the obvious backlash that this will cause will be enough to get them to change their minds, but considering the hot water YouTube has been in lately, I'm a little anxious.

So what of the hundreds of licensed MOVIES that are hosted on the site and have been for years?

You mean the big-name companies who pay YouTube to host their movies on their service?  They'll be completely unaffected since they're the ones getting money for it, not the people who upload them.  (Or at least, they're getting a significantly larger portion of the money)

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, they really do want to kill their site. If I can't watch LP's from the one or two people I watch on there, I honestly have no reason to ever go there again. LP's are what I do in the late evening and why I stay up in general because of my download limit. If I have no LP's to watch from my favorite people, then I might as well just go to bed early and not stay up late anymore. If Google really is this insane, someone needs to go kick these corporate idiots in the butt and tell them to stop being like Apple and actually listen to their customers.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sincerely hoping the obvious backlash that this will cause will be enough to get them to change their minds, but considering the hot water YouTube has been in lately, I'm a little anxious.

You mean the big-name companies who pay YouTube to host their movies on their service?  They'll be completely unaffected since they're the ones getting money for it, not the people who upload them.  (Or at least, they're getting a significantly larger portion of the money)

I think he means old movies that are uploaded in parts.

Rough sequence of events so far.

1: Popular youtuber claims videogame content will be banned in a SOPA esq youtube.

2: Youtuber claims Angry Joe and several other popular youtubers will have to change their show format.

3: Tweets from Angry Joe are found supporting the above.

4: 2nd vid is found from another popular youtube supporting the claims that youtube will be changing how it works.

5: 2nd vid claims that it's more to do with MCN partnerships.

MCN partnerships = Can upload videogame footage with adverts on them without youtube vetting or authorising the use of adverts

6: 2nd vid says people will still be able to upload videogame content, but those who are under contract with MCN's will only be able to add adverts without checks if their MCN upgrades them to partners.

7: 2nd vid says that only people close to the higher ups at MCN's have been given partnership status, which is less than 10%.

8: 2nd vid says that the other 90% affiliates are still tied into paying their MCN's nearly 40% of their add revenue with no sign of being able to negociate a change in contract.

What they all have in common:

Come January, YouTube will change how videogame content is handled on it's site.

What they disagree on:

Who will be affected and to how severe e.g. Every user will be banned from uploading new videogame content, or how bad the level of authorisation/checking will be.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I'm slightly more worried that if YouTube are going to go this far with people/affiliates uploading videogame footage, what would stop them from doing something similar with film reviewers and video commentators?

• Thumbs Up 1