Awoo.

[ADVENT CALENDAR] Sonic Christmas Crackers Act II!

Place

Ooh, I'm quite pleased to see this return. Thank you :)

Today is December 2nd though, at least in my time zone.

EDIT: Also, I do like the spoiler tags format. Not a hassle at all, and it does give that feeling of mystery.

Edited by Frogging101

I read that last time didn't go so well, so I wish you luck that all will go well this year. :)

(Sorry for the delay, was out for the majority of the day. Also it's still technically the 2nd of December Pacific Time, so there's that!)
DECEMBER 2ND (DAY 2)

SNAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3KmaTGi3Q
(FANMADE) Sonic 3 - Ice Cap Zone Act 1 Acapella BY Smooth McGroove
A wonderful tribute to the haunting instrumental track that is Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone, brought to life by one of the most versatile of singing voices on YouTube. I highly recommend you check out his other work if you haven't already, and a subscription wouldn't hurt either!

HAT

5AFiG.jpg
"This is a "Flatbill" cap. That just means the brim part there is very flat/stiff rather than being slightly curved like most other hats of this style/shape. The big circle/dot you see there is a foil sticker announcing this fact. The hat is mostly white, and the pattern is made up of scattered/over-lapping line art of various stock Sonic modern poses. The front has a large embroidered/full color Sonic. Under the bill of the cap, you can find the modern logo on a blue background. The top shows the tag, and that the hat apparently comes in sizes. This looks like a good quality hat with lots of nice detail! This can be
found at Wal Mart in 2012, and should be about 9.99."

NOVELTY

3DSFigureTopSty2PakSK.jpg
Here's something new for your Nintendo 3DS. It's a Stylus 2 Pack with a red & blue stylus. They each have a fully 3D mini figure of either Sonic or Knuckles on the top. Look at the new poses for both of them, Sonic has a hand on hip & raised hand, while Knuckles has a raised/challenge type fist. It's great to see new models for the figures on top of these. Images and descriptions provided by Sonic Gear! Go check them out if you have the time!

JOKE

Q.What do you get when you cross City Escape and a keyboard?

A. ESC FROM THE SHIFTY
~Place/Deck the Place

CHARADE

Tails' latest invention has a mind of its own and begins to terrorize the workshop. Sonic stands at the entrance, awed at the occurring carnage.

TRIVIA

At Sonic Boom 2012, Cash Cash performed a very explicit original song entitled Party in Your Bedroom, which is exactly what it sounds like. They encouraged adults and children alike to sing along "in the name of Sonic the Hedgehog".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A8os8uDZ-0
-LYRICS-
There's a party in your bedroom all night long
There's a lot of talk about you
'Cause there's a party in your bedroom all night long
Pretty girl
It's a show
Let it go when you're alone

Pretty girl
It's a show
Lips sealed tight don't say goodnight

Walking down the street
Keepin' hush hush on the scene
No one knows you
Such a mystery
Opposite of fun 'til you turn the power on
Then you come out turning up the heat

Upstairs all alone
One click for a show
Your roof is on fire
You're losing control

Pretty girl
It's a show

Dancing with your hands
Turning strangers into friends
Touch the keys, please
And unlock my heart
You're free to be a freak
Change your picture every week
Show the camera you're a super star

Upstairs all alone
One click for a show
Your roof is on fire
You're losing control

Pretty girl
It's a show

Pretty girl
It's a show

It's no debate
When I think of you
Can't stay on track
'Cause I can't wait
Can't stay on track
Can't hide the fact
You're all I want
You're all I need
Let's get this party started
Kick it hard just you and me

Pretty girl
It's a show

Pretty girl
It's a show

• Thumbs Up 3

Heh, I have that hat. Although it lists a size, I’m pretty sure that’s the only size it comes in. It’s pretty comfortable too, even if it squeezes my head a little bit.

It's time once again for another cracker! But today, I've decided to play with the rules a little bit! 

Every third day of December, the cracker will be dedicated in full to one specific character.

And today's catch goes out to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
DECEMBER 3RD (DAY 3)
-DR. EGGMAN SPECIAL-

SNAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnfTcUsEKVM
(OFFICIAL) Sonic X Issue 15 BY Archie Comics
Not one of Archie's best endeavors, but still a bit of fun. By cosplaying as a very convincing Santa Claus, Eggman has turned the world against Sonic, demanding his ultimate capture or no presents for anyone! 

Every time you see art that has been shamelessly traced from the anime, take a shot. 

HAT

SydneyTrioHat.jpgSydneyTrioHatDetail.jpg
"Here's a red cap from Segaworld. It features Sonic, Robotnik and Tails. The interesting thing is that Tails is beginning to mutate, even here in Australia. More brown than orange, a big nose, tiny ears and to top it off, he's mad! This cap needed to watch the art better, as Sonic also has a bent eye. Robotnik is looking appropriately schemeing, though his head is somewhat banana-shaped. Drawing from the SatAm Sonic show, it features the "Gotta Juice" phrase as a motto."

NOVELTY

RoboViewer1.jpgRoboViewer2.jpg
"Carl's Jr. is a restaurant only seen in parts of the USA. Despite not being universal, they still picked up a Sonic promotion for their kids' meals. (though the items are seldom seen, and may be considered somewhat rare) Their promo was in 1996 and included 4 viewers, each with Sonic, Tails, Robotnik or Knuckles. When you look in, you can see Robotnik, Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic stock arts. Here's the rare and interesting Robotnik viewer from this set. It's yellow with black accents instead of beige like Knuckles' one. The sticker on the front is rather interesting because it contains an unusual/seldom seen stock of him."
5BwIT.jpg
5BwGP.jpg
"It contains 6 slides, each starring Dr Robotnik. While many things are quite reliant on stock art alone, this seems to take an extra step, adding strange backgrounds like space, stairs and a city-scape of some kind."
Images and descriptions provided by Sonic Gear! Go check them out if you have the time!

JOKE

Q.What happens when Eggman meets Cheese the Chao?

A. THEY MAKE AN OMELETTE
~T-Man/T-Mas 3: The Christening

CHARADE

Eggman is engaged in a Christmas dinner with several of his creations and allies spanning his twenty years of battling Sonic.

TRIVIA

The episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog entitled "Sonic Gets Thrashed" featured a vehicle called the "Blimpnik". It's one of the only times outside of Badniks that Eggman has used the syllable "nik" in one of his creations, rather than "Egg".

5BDF0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

[1:41:15 AM] T-Mas: Hey Place uh
[1:41:22 AM] T-Mas: Did you post any Christmas Crackers last night
[1:41:46 AM] T-Mas: Because I remembered that you were determined to do that and
[1:42:04 AM] Deck the Place: :U
[1:42:12 AM] T-Mas: I don't remember you uh...linking me anything :U
[1:42:26 AM] Deck the Place: i
[1:42:31 AM] Deck the Place: i seem to have
[1:42:35 AM] Deck the Place: FORGOTTEN
[1:42:37 AM] Deck the Place: THE HAPPENING
[1:42:45 AM] T-Mas: o...oh
[1:42:56 AM] T-Mas: /:I
[1:43:05 AM] Deck the Place: ;M;

Well, no harm done. Place is a human being with his own life and priorities and sometimes SSMB things aren't always one of them. In the meantime, given his consent, I am going to go ahead and make the crackers for December 4th and 5th (with him still providing the Charades, so give him credit there), so he can focus on the upcoming cracker for the 6th and not let this wonderful thing die. This also means I get to further entertain you with my delightful sense of humor ;D So...

*COUGH* Unfortunately, due to never-ending technical problems, all images had to be placed outside spoiler tags. I hope this doesn't take away from your crackering experience.

DECEMBER 4th

SNAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Bqj_6dCzs
Sonic's 12 Days of Christmas by Amira Rattus

A Sonic-themed take on the classic Christmas song about the twelve days of Christmas that actually don't exist. Rather simple, but amusing nonetheless. And it gets points for using the rock version of the song, which sounds like it's being sung by Roger Craig Smith. Eh? EH? Am I the only one who sees it? Ahh...whatever.

HAT

5DKHB.jpg5DKH0.jpg

"These hats are rather odd. They feature part of Sonic's or Knuckles' face. It is likely a takeoff on character hats you often see in manga, where it has a kitty face or something for the top of their head. How well does it work for Sonic? Apparently pretty well, as they went ahead and made a Knuckles one too! You should be able to get either of these two hats in the SonicGear Store."

NOVELTY

happydoll.jpgSmilyDoll.jpg

"Here are some charming Sonics. They are both quite happy! These both have a 'toony' look to them, but because they are so smily, they are still cute to collect.

The one on the right is rather unique. First, it is one of the few to feature a hard plastic button like nose. This stops the "Christmas Light Nose Syndrome" that Sonic can get if one is not careful. Also, it has mitten-hands with no fingers.
The one on the left has a big smile, simple hands and very small feet. Whoever did the shoot, has included a ruler."

Images and descriptions provided by Sonic Gear! Go check them out if you have the time

JOKE

Q. What do you get when Blaze adds insult to injury?

A. A PRETTY SEVERE BURN

CHARADE

The Chaotix are on a long winter's drive, and Vector has cranked up his favorite most slammin and jammin tunes for everyone in the car to hear. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one of the group enjoying the music.

TRIVIA

In Final Egg in Sonic Adventure, there's a secret room towards the end, above the final area preceding the goal. At first glance, it's inaccessible, as the platform is too high for Sonic to reach on its own. However, after waiting for an unreasonable length of time, the platform will finally come down to Sonic's level, allowing you access to the secret room. Inside, you'll find a few extra lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtkugzC6Uo

DECEMBER 5th

SNAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40xQHxylN9U

Sonic into Dreams, uploaded by BlazeHedgehog

Possibly meant as an apology for Sonic X-Treme's cancellation, Sonic into Dreams is a feature unlocked in the Christmas NiGHTS demo disc for the SEGA Saturn that allows you to play through its Christmas-themed landscape with Sonic himself. Said demo had a feature that used the SEGA Saturn's internal clock to unlock presents at certain points, and this was one of the unlockables. Sadly, neither this nor any of the other such unlockable extras made it onto any later re-releases of NiGHTS into Dreams, even ones that included the Christmas levels. While I don't think it looks particularly enjoyable to play myself, it's an interesting curiosity nonetheless.

HAT

5DKOE.jpg

"Here are 2 vintage Sonic ski caps. They're beanie style, made with thick knit fabric. The rims are kept flipped up, and each one has an added cloth design. The first has the Sonic & Knuckles logo (it says 'Sonic & Knuckles Sega' around the edge) The second is all gray with just the Sonic phrase and classic stock art Sonic embroidered on. Neither hat is common."

NOVELTY

candylot.jpg

"

The Sonics are full of little rattly pink gum pellet like things. They only came in Bubble Gum flavor, and the pellets are a hard-type gum. Look at the art on the package...that is a distinctly Japanese type style of old-fashion Sonic. You can still run across these guys on Ebay, but not frequently."

JOKE

"

Q. What does Sonic say when it snows for the first time in years?

A. LONG TIME NO SNOW"

CHARADE

Knuckles wails alone on Angel Island, as all of his grapes have been frosted solid and cannot be properly enjoyed.

TRIVIA

Ever pressed the "Y" button during the Egg Walker boss fight in Sonic Adventure? In the Dreamcast version at least, this actually causes the boss to walk towards you against its will, regardless of whatever attack phase it's in. You can actually use this to cause some pretty erratic behavior. Seriously, it works. Try it. It was probably something used to test the boss in the early stages of development, but some forgetful (or perhaps just lazy) SEGA employees left it in the final version inexplicably. I doubt it still works in the GameCube and digital ports, however.

• Thumbs Up 4