Awoo.

Brad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbaa4l6d4lY

A clip of AoT's english dub from FUnimation. It's an elite subscriber exclusive thing going on, I was only able to snag the audio, I'll see if i can get the other stuff as it comes out through the week. And the Anime will be released in America on June 3, 2014.

Omni-directional Mobility Gear? I prefer 3D-Manoeuvre Gear tongue.png

The dub sounds great...then again I expected as much from Funimation.

Sounds pretty good so far! Don't mind them changing the name to Omni directional mobility gear, in fact I think it sounds cool. Gotta get used to saying that now instead of 3D Manoeuvre Gear.

What I'm most looking forward to though is hearing the main character's voices, but we'll probably have to wait till Anime Boston which is in a few more weeks! D:

Omni-directional Mobility Gear? I prefer 3D-Manoeuvre Gear tongue.png

The dub sounds great...then again I expected as much from Funimation.

Sounds pretty good so far! Don't mind them changing the name to Omni directional mobility gear, in fact I think it sounds cool. Gotta get used to saying that now instead of 3D Manoeuvre Gear.

What I'm most looking forward to though is hearing the main character's voices, but we'll probably have to wait till Anime Boston which is in a few more weeks! D:

Actually, Funimation put their sub version on Netflix on January and that's where they first showed that they changed the 3D maneuvering device to Omni directional mobility gear.

They also changed the names of the Survey Corps to the Scouting Regiment, characters name like Jean to John etc etc. The changes remained throughout the first episodes but later they changed to their original names, even the 3D Maneuvering Gear.

Though I guess for the dub they decided to change it again. Here's some more details.

The voice actors will be announced throughout the week but this is the cast that has been announced thus far.

Keith - Patrick Seitz
Moses - Jeff Johnson
Erwin - J. Michael Tatum
Marco - Austin Tindle
Carla - Jessica Cavanagh
Grisha - Chris Hury
Hannes - David Wald

Yeah even now, I think the magna's art is a bit... ew. Though it can certainly make creepy looking faces and poses which is perfect for this series. Armin made a horrifying face in the latest chapter jfc

fcxAkT5.png

Is it bad that I though that he was a titan in this picture.

For the collectors such as myself, here's something you might want.

aot_ce_blog.jpg

"The Collector's Edition will retail for US$128.98 and include 104 minutes of on-disc extras, a 3D lenticular art card, 24-page "Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 1" booklet, four military emblem pins (Military Police Regiment, Scout Regiment, Garrison Regiment, and Cadet Corps), a replica of Eren's key necklace, and a sword necklace "featuring the Titan flesh paring blades." The Limited Edition will retail for US$89.98 and contain the on-disc extras, the 3D lenticular art card, and the booklet. All versions will ship on June 3."

Retail at $128, if it goes to rightstuf.com you could probably knock off about $40 and get it for around $80-90.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the collectors such as myself, here's something you might want.

aot_ce_blog.jpg

"The Collector's Edition will retail for US$128.98 and include 104 minutes of on-disc extras, a 3D lenticular art card, 24-page "Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 1" booklet, four military emblem pins (Military Police Regiment, Scout Regiment, Garrison Regiment, and Cadet Corps), a replica of Eren's key necklace, and a sword necklace "featuring the Titan flesh paring blades." The Limited Edition will retail for US$89.98 and contain the on-disc extras, the 3D lenticular art card, and the booklet. All versions will ship on June 3."

Retail at $128, if it goes to rightstuf.com you could probably knock off about $40 and get it for around $80-90.

As awesome as that Collectors Edition looks, I just can't justify spending that much on 13 episodes, even with all those goodies.

I'll have to settle for the Limited or Standard Edition's instead.

I didn't see what the standard edition will be priced in that description, so I probably should say it's $37.49. Funi is aiming for the really casual crowd here.

I didn't see what the standard edition will be priced in that description, so I probably should say it's $37.49. Funi is aiming for the really casual crowd here.

On Rightstuf.com, the part 1 standard edition is $29, limited edition is $53.

And new cast announcement.

Jean - Mike McFarland

Sasha - Ashly Burch

Conny - Clifford Chapin

Anka - Jamie Marchi

Hanna - Tia Ballard

Gustav - Keith Kubal

Christa - Bryn Apprill

Ymir - Elizabeth Maxwell

On Rightstuf.com, the part 1 standard edition is $29, limited edition is $53.

That's what I read on my article. Rightstuff is probably doing what they normally do and lowering the price. Good fellows.

13 episodes. So they dubbed just the first half of the series? That's....eh.

No they didn't they have all of it, they licensed it a while ago for home video release, and broadcast. Funimation always releases shows in parts unless its a save edition.

I like the voices for Jean, Connie and Sasha (even though it was just her laughing XD) but I really want to know what Eren, Mikasa and Armin sound like! I read somewhere that they'll reveal the main characters' voices this Friday. Gah, I wanna know now!

I'm both extremely excited and nervous to hear what the main trio sound like. Though seeing cast lists doesn't really do much for me, I think I'll need to see the whole thing in motion to properly judge the quality of the casting

Never really cared much for dubs. Funimation has been doing a lot better lately though (Neon Genesis trinity for example). I watched the entire first season subbed and loved it so idk I prob won't watch it unless my brother seriously waits til it drops on Netflix in English to watch it (eugh). 

What I want to know is when we're gonna get more AoT. April like last year? 

What I want to know is when we're gonna get more AoT. April like last year?

A rumour suggests that Season 2 will be in production at the end of the year. So we shouldn't see anything new until next year.

So we have more cast announcements made.

Levi - Matthew Mercer

Petra - Caitlin Glass

Hange - Jessica Calvello

Daz - Brad Venable

Bertholdt - David Matranga

Franz - James Chandler

Rico - Morgan Garrett

Pyxis - R Bruce Elliott

Nack - Will Short 

I have nothing else to say... oh wait, video footage of the dub, silly me, here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3zqC3iUBQ

• Thumbs Up 2

I just saw this series recently and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to see it sooner. The animation was gorgeous and I liked the story too. I will say though some of those Titans looked disturbing. I will say one thing though, the first Japanese opening is very catchy.

I see they've changed how the Titans sound, which is a little jarring despite it being such a minor change, honestly. 

They butchered Levi's dialogue and his voice is way too deep. Hange I'm mixed. She definitely sounds eccentric enough but I wish it wasn't so high-pitched. Her dialogue is also pretty "meh." Petra is pretty different from the original but I like it.

Sorry for double post but new dub preview, this time with Mikasa http://bertl-bear-the-titan.tumblr.com/post/79462254340/attack-on-titan-i-can-do-it-hey-hey-hey-guys

Her voice in this is honestly pretty offputting, but I think I'll give it the benefit of the doubt considering what's happening in this particular scene.

Those supporting characters were hilariously bad, though.

Compared to the other voice actors in that scene, Mikasa kinda steals the show.

She's not bad, she has the passion in her voice and even kind of sounded upset during that little speech.

But yeah, those supporting characters...just are they even looking at their character's expressions?