Awoo.

SSMB Tabletop NiGHTS "Roll for Snark"

FourCartridge

roll20_logo.jpg

https://app.roll20.net/home/

Roll20 is a virtual tabletop browser application that lets people run Tabletop RPGs over the internet. I have been using it for some time and have figured to let everyone here at SSMB have a go at it. Might as well do something no?

If you are unfamiliar with what a Tabletop RPG is, imagine games like Planescape Torment, Elder Scrolls, or the old school Final Fantasy titles (I - IV) adapted to a pen & paper format. It allows for something to have the freedom of a forum RP but with the direction of a Console RPG without sacrificing much on either front. Plus, it's great social fun.

I am planning to run a Sonic themed(of course =p) RP here. Different people use different systems depending on what is needed. I will be using Cortex Plus Smallville, "hacked" to fit the Blue Blur's universe. The general RP is grouped into sessions; I am planning to do Fridays at 4-7PM EST, though I will adjust based on when you guys can make it. If I get enough interest, the first session will be November 9th, looping every week until we reach the conclusion.

No downloads or browser add-on are required so all you need is yourself, and unlike forum RPs, the person who runs it can just wing it in case of some unexpected event; the show must go on after all. New players may join mid campaign, or if you cannot continue, you may drop out. No experience is also no biggie; I am here to answer any questions. While you may need an account at Roll20, you will also need a link to the campaign itself. I will provide that via PM to anyone who wants in. This topic can be also used as discussion for what goes on in the campaign itself.

So... Who here wants in?

Current Players:

Super Soniko

DocAzure

KaBlamJamDan

MegaMonster54

FireGerk's Night

RosaRosaRosalina

Nepenthe

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 2

It sounds.. Interesting to say the least, I'm curious so mark me up for it if this gets enough interest.

• Thumbs Up 2

It sounds.. Interesting to say the least, I'm curious so mark me up for it if this gets enough interest.

The number of people that tables go for range a lot, from as many as a dozen to as few as 3. There will be enough, I'm pretty sure of that. =P

Ah ok, still you said it was going to be Sonic themed, but it's a "NiGHT's table?" so... Are we talking a generalization of SEGA and not just the Sonic verse?

Also it's Soniko with a "K" not a "C" :P just a fyi wink.png

Ah ok, still you said it was going to be Sonic themed, but it's a "NiGHT's table?" so... Are we talking a generalization of SEGA and not just the Sonic verse?

Also it's Soniko with a "K" not a "C" tongue.png just a fyi wink.png

That was just for dramatic flair... But aren't they set in the same universe anyway? It depends on how players take/want it.

Oh, and fixed. My bad.

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think they are, I mean sure there's cameo's for each series that cross over into their games, but they are completely different verses apart, arguably NiGHTS could just be part of a dream in a Sonic World, but eh completely different kettle of fish.

Still it would be cool since it'd give more choice to people joining if it was just a SEGA generalization, as long as the plot is strong and really gives a reason for other franchises to be there and not deviate into a clusterfuck of small groups doing their own "thing".

That's what most RP's fall into.

I don't think they are, I mean sure there's cameo's for each series that cross over into their games, but they are completely different verses apart, arguably NiGHTS could just be part of a dream in a Sonic World, but eh completely different kettle of fish.

Still it would be cool since it'd give more choice to people joining if it was just a SEGA generalization, as long as the plot is strong and really gives a reason for other franchises to be there and not deviate into a clusterfuck of small groups doing their own "thing".

That's what most RP's fall into.

...If a SEGA themed RPG would be more interesting it's something I'm giving thought into.

As for not being a clusterfuck, the first session is entirely devoted into giving the characters and world coherence and fleshing it out so we are not totally winging it and there is something to go on; as someone who does RL versions of this prep time is needed(for me as the GM).

And if that fails, there's the old adage "Never split the Party". =P

Sounds like it could be good fun. Sign me up, I'll look into this.

Edited by DocAzure
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would time zones be a problem?

No. My works schedule is rather flexible and I've put it in the weekend for exactly that reason. What times were you thinking?

It's just cause I'm from the UK, and I think you're -5 hours behind? Just in case that was a problem.

So, it would be 9PM to 12AM here in the UK? I don't see any issues. Might be up for it!

9 to 12 is really late over there. Are you sure you don't want me to set it back an hour or so?

No no! Don't worry about fitting it round me, haha! I'm totally cool with the time. I was just making double sure it was okay.

So, is this like that Dungeons & Dragons thing, online?

Yes and no. It's like Dungeons & Dragons in that it's a tabletop RPG, but Corte Plus is a totally different system which focuses on actual roleplaying (XD), so the similarities end there. 

Edited by FourCartridge

Huh.

This could be fun.

Put me down.  All of you will fall before me.

Added. =)

Sounds pretty cool.

I made little mistake. I meant is it like this. It looks mighty similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rRVRC9fGU

It depends on campaign to campaign. This time, I am going with a Sonic themed one, though Soniko has suggested that we do a general SEGA themed campaign, so unless we go Golden Axe, that is the closest we'll get.

Edited by FourCartridge

I would join this but I have a placement test on Saturday...

What time are you planning to start this?

4PM EST, and the session will end at 7. 

I would be in, but this is almost certainly going to be on US time, and that makes it very difficult.

Edit: Well, actually 9pm - 12am is feasible, so sign me up if there's space please. :)

Edited by FireGerk's Night
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would be in, but this is almost certainly going to be on US time, and that makes it very difficult.

Edit: Well, actually 9pm - 12am is feasible, so sign me up if there's space please. smile.png

Added. =P

You know what, count me in, I have a feeling I may end up going for Sketch turner or Vectorman XD.... or Nack perhaps

• Thumbs Up 1

Say fourcartidge, I have a good reason for all the sega worlds overlapping, Blame Sketch Turner! say he had a bunch of the game comics he had on his desk, and then a strange energy force sucked him in and mixed them all together! thought I would throw this in here

• Thumbs Up 1

Say fourcartidge, I have a good reason for all the sega worlds overlapping, Blame Sketch Turner! say he had a bunch of the game comics he had on his desk, and then a strange energy force sucked him in and mixed them all together! thought I would throw this in here

That's a neat idea. =)

I wold save what else you have though for the first session. You will get your chance to help create the universe the campaign will take place in.