Awoo.

Your thoughts and theories about the Tails Doll

SnipSnap

Post them right here if you have something to say about the Tails Doll besides "It's fake" or "It was actually trying to kill me".

Stories about your so-called "encounter" with the Tails Doll is not allowed, the topic is not made for these.

Tails Doll is a pretty dumb character and I don't really mourn his loss, nor his creepypasta legacy.

It's just a dumb, out-of-place meme.

It stopped be funny/scary/whatever after maybe the first time.

Edited by Carl Brutananadilewski

No clue how he became popular in the first place. Bland robotic clone of Tails, just as an unlockable in Sonic R. I really couldn't care less about him and the creepypasta half of him is just 12 year olds trying to be angsty and 'spooky'.

TL;DR, Tails Doll is as scary as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdSemAMzdY

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 3

Tails Doll is that slow-ass joke character from that meh racing game that makes light fun of the notion that, since Tails is supposed to be the "cute" character as compared to Sonic and Knuckles, he doesn't get a badass robot version of himself. Otherwise... meh.

It is an extra added to a game and I really do wish people would drop the whole mythology behind it... It's not funny, it's never been funny and it never will be funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even Iizuka found it bullshit. There are technically hundreds of Tails Dolls, and any of them could be given the levitation device thing. 

I find the Tails Doll to be a pretty bland character, only made famous by a lame creepypasta which serves as a rather pathetic excuse to make him more interesting or intimidating. 

The Tails Doll is neither funny nor creepy. He's just bland as hell.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

The Tails Doll doesn't really have a purpose now aside from some cheap laughs. I enjoy the gag, but we really shouldn't be taking it seriously.

Like, if there was a Tails game where he was facing an army of Tails Doll, that'd be funny, and a nice bit of fanservice. If Tails Doll was actually a demonic entity with the ability to eat your soul... no.

• Thumbs Up 5

I never knew how many people hated the Tails Doll because I thought it was neat how he became the demon doll. I mean look at the thing! It is scary looking demon doll. I guessing the ones who hate the Tails Doll or find him bland might get visit from him later on. But don't worry he won't take your soul and instead will start crying at you! "Why you not like me for?" I would like the Tails Doll to return to a Sonic video game maybe as boss character!

• Thumbs Up 1

A bland, out of date creepypasta that scared me when I was eight. Then I grew up and realized what a load of bull it was: a slow as hell character put into a crappy racing game.

• Thumbs Up 6

it's a fucking DOLL

how is this scary

because OMG DONT U KNO ITS POSSESSED MY COUSINS FRIEND'S LOVER SAW IT ONE NIGHT WHILE WATCHING JERSEY SHORE!!!!11111

but seriously, I don't even know why people find this scary at all, when really...I think Tails Doll is sorta adorable.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only thing I can praise the Tails Doll for is still being remembered by the fans to this day. I can kind of get it when people still talk about Bark or Bean since they're in the comics to this day, but the Tails Doll is just stupid. Why people still remember him today is something I'll never understand.

I thought it was scary when I was 11, but I've matured alot since then. The character is sluggish, and uninspired. The creepypasta featuring it is absolutely awful.

I really doesn't matter to me anymore. It isn't scary unless you make it scary. Believe me, people can make it look scary in the right conditions, drawings, or flash settings. Yet, that myth of it is going to get your soul is just silly. If it were some myth that it is going to get the characters in the game, then yes, that would likely be better and more understandable. This innocent doll is going to creep up on some innocent sonic fur and take and eat their soul into its body. It is a silent, innocent looking murderer and many may not even know it is coming.

So, if worked right, it could have been better definately.

I always wondered why there was never a Metal Tails despite many variations of a Metal Sonic throughout the series and at least 2 variations of Metal Knuckles. When I played Sonic R, that curiosity was put to rest.

I'll be honest, I didn't understand why? Why a doll?

I think the Creepypasta thing is stupid, along with the Sonic.EXE one :/ Then again, most, if not all Creepypastas aren't creepy and are generally just shit.

But I don't see any real theory behind this other than stretching to fill out a racing roster for a wee gem of a game. I would never play as him though. Would I ever like to see him again? Not really, unless it was like an Easter egg, for example - an out of comission Tails Doll sitting among destroid E-series robots in an Eggman Base level?

I always wondered why there was never a Metal Tails despite many variations of a Metal Sonic throughout the series and at least 2 variations of Metal Knuckles. When I played Sonic R, that curiosity was put to rest.

I'll be honest, I didn't understand why? Why a doll?

I think the Creepypasta thing is stupid, along with the Sonic.EXE one :/ Then again, most, if not all Creepypastas aren't creepy and are generally just shit.

But I don't see any real theory behind this other than stretching to fill out a racing roster for a wee gem of a game. I would never play as him though. Would I ever like to see him again? Not really, unless it was like an Easter egg, for example - an out of comission Tails Doll sitting among destroid E-series robots in an Eggman Base level?

Why a doll? I am going to go out on a limb and say because of "Tails' cute factor". They didn't want to make the cute & cuddly fox a hard hard & menacing robot.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, there are two ways I can interpret this.

The more simplistic and basic thought I have: a slow as hell filler character that just looked weird. A bad attempt to make a new take on the whole "Metal Sonic" thing. Knuckles has a badass metal version of himself. Why not Tails?

"Nope, huurr. Let's just give him a doll with a red diamond on its head." I don't hate it, per se, but when I see it I pull a Komodin. As for it's creepypasta status, I never really understood it. It creeped me out when I first saw it, but again, meh. Now why couldn't we shoot that as Gamma instead?

A deeper thought into it: just goes to show how many fucks Eggman gave about Tails. Again, you give Sonic and Knuckles some deadly and badass dopplegangers.....and Tails gets a slapped together doll. It barely looks like it could function, let alone put up a fight with him! Eggman must have thought Tails provided no challenge.

And then Sonic Adventure happened.

Why does that Metal Tails need an intake? That design confuses me. I like the helicopter part, though. That's pretty neat.

As for Tails Doll? I certainly believe it was put in as filler as well, but to try to make sense of it, because Tails is cute and doesn't come off as "bad ass", and because Tails really isn't much of a threat at all in my opinion. He's like that nerd standing up to a beefy bully at school. It's not going to end well without some sort of equal footing somewhere.