Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

If they can uninstall your game data, what's to stop them removing your save data from the cloud?

Extreme yes, unlikely too (wild conjecture!), but its a possibility, and I'd like it cleared up.

Have the specs been revealed? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Is this new?

Update: Microsoft has suggested that rumours regarding online authentication are correct. An Xbox spokesperson said on Tuesday:

"Xbox One does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407929/always-online-requirement-is-optional-for-xbox-one-devs/

Have the specs been revealed? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

This is all I can find: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-playstation-4-specs-compared/

Not really because we know about the used games thing, so it's easy to put two and two together...

There has to be authorization of some sort.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

I can't help but wonder if EA created their own console, it would probably be exactly like this.

I think I should mention that Don Matrick was an EA exec before he became the head guy at Xbox.

I should know 'cause I remember seeing him at Microsoft's 2005 E3 Presser.

How things easily change in eight years... =/

Alright, I didn't watch the full conference and I only know about the 15 game deal. What else do I need to know.

All your save data is saved on the cloud. Not on the console itself.

Wouldn't that mean you'd need an internet connection to even save your game? Jesus.

Wouldn't that mean you'd need an internet connection to even save your game? Jesus.

Jesus Microsoft.

I do like its design tho.

Leaked screen for CoD: Ghosts:

18LTjdY.jpg

Doggone it, you guys keep making me run out of likes.

Edited by -Knuckles The Echidna-
  • Thumbs Up 1

2r20g7t.jpg

Is Microsoft honestly trying their hardest to sink their gaming franchise? Or are they trying to pull an 8th gen Wii effect? All this news is terrible and this is the cherry on top of the shit cake.

We all know Microsoft is plotting to take down the dedicated gaming industry to make it so people will have to buy Windows to play games

I have to admit tho the design is pretty groovy.

Edited by Username Taken ~ U. Waffle
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't remember any Wii U controversy (besides people thinking the name is dumb which it is)

Then again I can barely remember how the industry reacted when it was revealed.

VCR is trending on Twitter because of this shit.

I can't..

Jesus this is hilarious

The Wired article that confirmed the used game fees was given to them directly from Microsoft. If there is any confusion over this, it is probably from whoever runs the Microsoft support twitter.

Conflicting reports everywhere at the moment.This is worse than the confusion over the fucking Wii U.
Wii U was confusing when I saw it initially. Someone needs to make an official statement over this mess.

I don't remember any Wii U controversy (besides people thinking the name is dumb which it is)

Then again I can barely remember how the industry reacted when it was revealed.

The whole drama about whether Wii U was a new console or a controller.

Like, people legitimately had to ask that question. They still do.

So... don't know what really to say about it.

Most have already said what I'm going to say, so I'll just say it anyway.

The console looks hideous and huge. I'm hoping that more games are revealed on it otherwise we've got a major flop on our hands. Everything revealed / found out after the conference is, if I'm allowed use of this word, moronic. PS4 or Wii U for me at E3.

I think both EA and Microsoft are going to be the laughing stock of this year's E3 unless they majorly pick it up.

As for why EA snubbed the WiiU, I think we can see why.

The whole drama about whether Wii U was a new console or a controller.

Like, people legitimately had to ask that question. They still do.

Oh yeah, that really was a big lack of communication on Nintendo's part.

But this is equal parts lack of communication and downright confusing, there's no "yes" or "no answer to any of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zavvi has pre-orders open... and... a price.

£399

(Christ... those launch games... we sure this isn't EA's new console?)