Awoo.

J-Stars Victory Versus

dabbido

There's a rumour that is quite believable right now, that the 21st V-Jump scan contains:

-Killua (Playable)
-Hiei (Playable)
-Ace (Support)
-Momotaro (Playable)
-Heihachi (Support)

If it is true, then I wouldn't know... I'm all in for Killua and Momotaro, but even then 3 would be even more reps from the existing franchises : / so that would kinda suck. Also that would bring the total up to 52 wich would mean only 4 characters left :C  We'll see in due time.

Oh man oh man I hope Killua is playable >< 

Oh man oh man I hope Killua is playable >< 

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-35-Partial.jpg

Partial image (Killua, Momotaro and Heihachi cut from image) 

So we can pretty much conclude that the rumour is true. Oh well... less characters to go, but these additions.... well.. they're all pretty good actually! I'll definitely have Killua as one of my main characters, and I'm excited to see Momotaro <3 The only thing that saddens me is that we probably won't see Black Cat, Shaman King, Death Note and some other important characters represented. Maybe in the future as dlc.

The absence of Dark Yugi is kind of a downer. He could make such an interesting character! He could be this game's Pokémon Trainer. Or he could just play like he did in the DS games. Either one would be fine.

I'll definetly main Hiei if it has a decent fight style, but overall, i don't like some of these additions: i mean, i like Ace, but for One Piece getting 4 playable characters it's a little unfair if you ask me.

Unless the final reveal will be 4th characters for Dragon Ball, Naruto and Bleach, but i hope is not the case.

I'll definetly main Hiei if it has a decent fight style, but overall, i don't like some of these additions: i mean, i like Ace, but for One Piece getting 4 playable characters it's a little unfair if you ask me.

Unless the final reveal will be 4th characters for Dragon Ball, Naruto and Bleach, but i hope is not the case.

Its the most popular series in Jump by far, that isn't surprising.

Yeah it's somewhat understandable, but still in my opinion DBZ, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto should've stayed with 3 reps.

It's funny cause I love one piece and Ace, yet I'm somehow frustrated by his inclusion, cause it could mean the rest of the characters will be once again from the series we already have. (Although I wouldn't be too sad with a playable Toshiro, but that's just me being biased :P )

Still... with it's disappointments, it has a very solid roster! Almost perfect I'd say. The only that's missing to me is:

Playable Train Heartnet, Yoh, Yugi, Kazuki and Support Captain Tsubasa, Sena, Hanamichi, Ryoma.

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-36.jpg

Now it's officialy confirmed, Killua, Hiei, Momotaro and Ace is playable while Heihachi is support, oh well... given these are possibly our last characters, might as well have Ace as playable.

Oh look, Hiei. The one main character from Yuyu Hakusho I don't give a shot about. I'd have chosen Kurama or Kuwabara but, eh. C'est la vie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh look, Hiei. The one main character from Yuyu Hakusho I don't give a shot about. I'd have chosen Kurama or Kuwabara but, eh. C'est la vie.

Its heroes and rivals only mang, sadly Kuwabara and Kurama qualify for neither....damn it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed there, although not all follow the hero- rival thing. Luffy and Boa for example, sure  she was an enemy at first, but never rival and now it's more of a crush thing. Then we got Ichigo and Rukia, in wich case they're not rivals, Rukia is not an antagonist either.

Not that it helps, but yeah... the only good thing about this scan is Killua and Momotaro (+ Heihachi) but... you know, since it involves many of our favorite characters we can get severely disappointed in some character selections (No Zoro, really?)  but in the end I'm quite happy with the roster, bunch of good characters and series.

PV 6 is out!!! It shows all the latest characters in action, plus story mode details and more!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZPQmGwiK6o#t=20

Some important notes:

Ultimate Moves:

-Killua: Thunderbolt/Narukami

-Ace: Dai Enkai Entei

-Hiei: Dragon of the Darkness Flame

-Arale: Earth Splitter

-Luckyman: Lucky Beam

-Bobobo: No idea, he has  a bunch of moves can't bother enough to search for it. Not to mention by seeing one video of his moves, youtube changed style / layout  and now I can't change it back ;w;

Cards:

-Apparently you can mix character chards to make new ones if they have affinity I guess? Some include Don Patch and Reborn, Tsuna and Nube, plus some others.

Shinpachi ?

-On Gintoki's video "I'm Shimura Kenpachi" is heard although he isn't there, is it possible he appears as part of one of Gin's moves ?

Gallery Mode with animations (yayz)

Also you can cross-save between PS3 and Vita!

So I guess its updatin' time. We got even more character gameplay videos, today they uploaded a 3rd batch (Seiya, Arale and Momotaro)

Heres the 2nd batch and the latest:

Bobobo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC4klB4A898 

Luckyman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrB4at1TPg

Gon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-noy45EvXY 

Korosensei:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtDOWaFklw 

Momotaro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZezvWgyxn2o 

Arale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ly2-GkH9tc 

Seiya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLwU6M_-oes 

So that's a lot!! some interesting movesets there! Also on the Arale moveset video we have our first look (I think) at the off-limits borders, the stages are so huge they need em. Seems they don't look like others with weird transparent walls, rather it mixes quite well with the arena.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this game now. I've barely scratched the surface but it's already pretty fun! Koro sensei is super fast and it's awesome as hell.

I'm gonna try the campaign after I get a better feel for the game. I'll post my proper full impressions later but you're free to ask questions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesomeness!! please do!  I do have some questions *ehem*

for example:

-Do characters have more moves than those shown in the video? for example: Goku has shown a basic combo, kamehameha, saiyan transformation, a flying sequence barrage attack, and instant transmission when in saiyan mode. is that all there is? or they all got some extra moves?

-Could you somehow be able to tell us if characters have alt skins? cause weve seen Lala in normal uniform and on bikini, as well as Luffy with black pants, care to share some info on that?

that and your impressions of course.

Not everything the characters are capable of are shown in those videos and the videos don't really give you a good idea of all the best ways to use them or the different properties. All of the characters are super different and no one character is really the same at all. Some have double jumps, others don't, some have air dashes and/or flight.

The stamina gauge works pretty different for characters too. Some characters can only have one full bar of stamina while others can have up to two. Stamina charge rate varies between characters and characters like Goku and Vegeta transform when their second potential stamina bar gets charged to max. Transformations also change the properties of other moves naturally.

No alternate costumes as far as I know unfortunately. The reason you see Lala in a bikini is because she just does that during her support move for some reason. Luffy with black pants I'm not sure. I think that's his Gear Third transformation that turns his arms and legs black.

So far I've unlocked all of the support-only characters and most of the "battle" / playable characters. Most of the ones I haven't unlocked myself I've seen either in J-Adventure or online. The only characters available from the start are Luffy, Goku, Toriko, Naruto, Ichigo and Gintoki. The funny thing is that you start out with enough J Points to buy two other characters immediately without doing anything.

I actually really like the unlock system in this game. You can unlock anything in any order you want. The only limitation is J Points (which can be acquired in any mode in the game) and the fact that you need to "level up" in order to get the permission to unlock more characters. Leveling up doesn't take too long tho' and the amount of characters you can buy at one time is more than enough so that you don't feel that progress is slow.

I played 2v2 online with my best friend against random Japanese players for hours last night and it was hilarious. It lagged considerably but it was definitely doable. We actually won the vast majority of our matches because of our synergy and team composition. Ryoutsu is hilarious and I think he's pretty strong overall.

Not everything the characters are capable of are shown in those videos and the videos don't really give you a good idea of all the best ways to use them or the different properties. All of the characters are super different and no one character is really the same at all. Some have double jumps, others don't, some have air dashes and/or flight.

The stamina gauge works pretty different for characters too. Some characters can only have one full bar of stamina while others can have up to two. Stamina charge rate varies between characters and characters like Goku and Vegeta transform when their second potential stamina bar gets charged to max. Transformations also change the properties of other moves naturally.

No alternate costumes as far as I know unfortunately. The reason you see Lala in a bikini is because she just does that during her support move for some reason. Luffy with black pants I'm not sure. I think that's his Gear Third transformation that turns his arms and legs black.

So far I've unlocked all of the support-only characters and most of the "battle" / playable characters. Most of the ones I haven't unlocked myself I've seen either in J-Adventure or online. The only characters available from the start are Luffy, Goku, Toriko, Naruto, Ichigo and Gintoki. The funny thing is that you start out with enough J Points to buy two other characters immediately without doing anything.

I actually really like the unlock system in this game. You can unlock anything in any order you want. The only limitation is J Points (which can be acquired in any mode in the game) and the fact that you need to "level up" in order to get the permission to unlock more characters. Leveling up doesn't take too long tho' and the amount of characters you can buy at one time is more than enough so that you don't feel that progress is slow.

I played 2v2 online with my best friend against random Japanese players for hours last night and it was hilarious. It lagged considerably but it was definitely doable. We actually won the vast majority of our matches because of our synergy and team composition. Ryoutsu is hilarious and I think he's pretty strong overall.

Thanks a lot for that, I see. I thought so too.  Then my worries are pretty much gone, there's enough diversity on characters.

I heard something about when you start you can buy two, but then you can't buy more even if you have J Points, as if you can only buy some many at a given time.

Wait so Lala randomly changes between both? or does she have 2 different attacks/support moves ? Cause I've seen her cheer the character up on her school uniform and posing with the bikini.  However let me show you what I mean with black shorts Luffy:

luffyblackshorts_zps1a0fae9f.png

Unless it's a really weird reflection, that's clearly black to me :P his yellow sash also seems orange colored, but I guess I can let it pass as a "Gear 2nd" coloration effect.  But from blue to black is a bit drastic xD

Also if you somehow get Aizen, would you be so kind as to tell me his attacks? his screenshots only revealed Danku (the barrier) and via gameplay vids, I can see he slashes gracefully, has Kurohitsugi (black coffin) and his "ultimate" attack is his hogyoku. oh and rikujoukoro (the six rods of lightning that captures and renders the opponent unable to move, but is there anything else?  

I'm just a big BLEACH fan, and I saw all Ichigo has up his sleeve, but I'm wondering what else Aizen has.

I bet online is fun, also how much replayability value would you give this game? the main aspect is the fights, playing with friends and such, but theres story, card collection, online, victory road and some other stuff right? Is it enough to keep you coming back or is it something like "done all that, dont plan on touching it again" ?

Anyways your comments and info are appreciated, thanks! : )

The best part for me is that it seems they gave Killua his Godspeed Mode technique from what I've seen

At the start, yes, you can only buy two characters but they are any two characters you want which I think balances out the entire unlocking system. You get who you want when you want unlike Smash Bros.The amount of characters you can buy at one time actually increases as you level up from 2 to 5 to 10 so you'll unlock pretty much everyone you want insanely quickly.

Lala's assist move is her running out in her normal uniform and bumping into one of the other characters on the map. This prompts her to fall on her behind and then switch to her bikini outfit which emits a really large healing field that recovers both recoverable (light gray) HP and non-recoverable HP (dark gray).

That Luffy picture is weird. Strange angle that makes it look like his shorts are black but they aren't. There are no alternate costumes to speak of. I really wish that there were. At the very least there should be alternate color palettes because sometimes you or your partner can be confused in 2v2 when there's a mirror match or both teams are using the same assist. Everything uses the exact same model.

The main move that you didn't mention that Aizen has is this skill where he taps his sword on the ground which prompts a lot shattered glass to emit from around him that knocks the opponent away. His guard break move is a command grab where he teleports behinds the opponent and stabs them in the back causing them to crumple. You get a free combo off of it. Aizen's gameplay is mainly all about being super lame.

Call Danku to protect yourself, then throw Rikujoukoro. Did it hit? Kurohitsugi. Did it miss? Kurohitsugi anyway! It tracks to wherever the opponent you're locked on is. Some characters really struggle to get in on Aizen and the move where he taps his sword on the ground has invincibility and blows them back so you can set up your bullshit again.

He also can set up to four Danku out at a time on each side of him so if you give him too much time it becomes incredibly hard to damage him. He's pretty damn slow tho' so once you get in you'll probably wail on him for a good while before he gets away again. But yeah, pretty strong defensive character that requires strategy and lives off of others' mistakes. It suits him pretty well when you think about it.

Ichigo is super strong. My best friend plays him a lot now because he's a monster and he loves hitting people with Final Getsuga Tensho more than anything. You'd probably get a kick out of me saying that while we were playing more online matches last night we ran into an Aizen player while my buddy was playing Ichigo. The Aizen tried to sit behind his Danku but Ichigo wasn't having any of that and Final Getsuga Tensho'd him into oblivion. After the match he laughed and said "I recreated the anime!!"

You'll be happy to learn about replay value as well. Even tho' I've been playing the game for several hours each day I feel like I've barely done anything honestly. I'm still on Luffy's J Adventure and there are three more J Adventures I have to play through still. I'll admit that I've been doing a lot of the side quests before going on to the main bulk of the story but it's a lot there regardless.

I haven't touched Victory Road at all since I got the game a few days ago. Not to mention the customization you get with the hundreds of cards you collect to make different decks. There's a ton of stuff here and doing it all will definitely keep you occupied even if you don't play a single match online.

There's also smaller things I really like about the game like being able to save and playback match replays. There's also a BGM Edit mode that allows you to replace any and every default song in the game with music saved on your PS3's hard drive which is crazy. I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I ever thought I would. It's a must play and/or must buy if you enjoy the Jump series represented.

Words.

So I assume you have the game? I haven't been following this game at all so I have like 3 questions if that's alright. Does this game come with English subtitles? Kind of need them to understand anything. And is it hinted for a US release?

Also I can't really tell from those Japanese scans, but apparently the B-tier Lala is in the game as an assist or something. Is Rito, the best character of his series, featured in the game?

I'm sorry if I seem ignorant, but trudging through 10 pages of this topic to find info seems not fun.

Dude, this needs to get localized ASAP. Or it's time to take some Japanese language lessons. I used to play japanese games in my PS2, but knowing the games of today, I bet it's not as simple as it was back then, where the only trouble I had was getting used with the circle button being the one that worked as select/confirm (in menus) instead of X tongue.png

So I assume you have the game? I haven't been following this game at all so I have like 3 questions if that's alright. Does this game come with English subtitles? Kind of need them to understand anything. And is it hinted for a US release?

Also I can't really tell from those Japanese scans, but apparently the B-tier Lala is in the game as an assist or something. Is Rito, the best character of his series, featured in the game?

I've had the game since Friday afternoon. It came out Tuesday night. The game is 100% Japanese and there are no English subtitles to speak of. It's not that hard to get through the menus and stuff after a bit of trial and error even if you don't understand anything. It's also pretty safe to say that there probably will not be a localized version of the game. A lot of these manga and anime series have no localized version and are generally unknown to western audiences. It's also a ton to translate so even if it did get localized it'd be a long time waiting.

Lala is a support character, yes. I'm pretty sure Rito appears in J Adventure. Countless main and side characters from the series represented are shown in J Adventure.

Dude, this needs to get localized ASAP. Or it's time to take some Japanese language lessons. I used to play japanese games in my PS2, but knowing the games of today, I bet it's not as simple as it was back then, where the only trouble I had was getting used with the circle button being the one that worked as select/confirm (in menus) instead of X tongue.png

If you really wanna play the game now I suggest you save up and go for it. As I said before, with a little bit of messing around you can get around the menus like you would any game in English. The story you probably won't understand a lick of but you won't really get lost playing J Adventure because it's so straightforward. And you know what's funny? I went into this game under the assumption that Circle would be confirmation and X would be cancel but it's actually the other way around like a western game.

Keep the questions coming. I finally unlocked all the characters last night so if you want more details on them I should be able to tell you a good amount.

Dude, this needs to get localized ASAP.

As i said multiple times, good luck with that: the licensing problems with all the franchises rapresented would be astronomycal to say the least, and it's Bamco we're talking about. It's better if you import it now.

As i said multiple times, good luck with that: the licensing problems with all the franchises rapresented would be astronomycal to say the least, and it's Bamco we're talking about. It's better if you import it now.

Could always be a surprise. Really the only series I don't see namco giving much love to over here is gundam (got I want extreme vs so much) and besides that they have been doing somewhat of a decent jobs in getting games over here so who knows what could really happen with this. But yeah its still pretty unlikely just due to how many licences would be need for a game like this.

Really the only series I don't see namco giving much love to over here is gundam (god I want extreme vs so much)

Super Robot Taisen and part of the Tales of series disagree with this, but i digress.

Heh thanks for answering all those tedious questions, I see... while he seems to be those types of enemies youll rage quit with, I might have some fun with him. And yeah Ichigo is a beast too! very fast, long and medium ranged attacks. A very balanced moveset I'd say.

Another lil question! can you explain those monster battles in Story mode? there's the Great stamp from HxH, Salamander Sphinx from Toriko and even a Sea King from One Piece!!! but are those.... fight-able? or its just an overworld thing? like you face em and you just instantly kill them? cause I doubt they have in-game models for you to fight ala Monster Hunter, so I'm wondering.

Also what do you think of the stages? wich ones your favorite? any special tidbits about em? (speaking of wich Soul Society apparently suddenly gets some pillars of light, are those actually referencing this last arc?

Where the quincies invade via pillars of light

or is it just random?