Awoo.

Breath of Fire 6 announced. Carbo kills himself.

Carbo

I didn't ever expect a potential BoF6 to be on a platform I actually own or would buy it for, and I don't have much of a history with the series, so in a sense I don't really care about this announcement, but... it's still a bit depressing.  Especially when you consider the fact that it's probably going to be a name-only sequel without much to actually connect it to the rest of the series.  If that's true, then in a sense at least we can say that no potential was wasted upon this game.

I played the GBA ports of the first two games.  They were pretty fun classic RPGs.  A bit rough around the edges, and in need of a fresh translation, but solid in themselves.  I look at the remakes of Dragon Quest IV-VII and think... why not the same thing for BoF?  Or maybe a prequel, since the first three at least followed a continuing plotline?  I only play handheld titles so I have the most enormous bias towards the possibility of games being on handheld consoles, but I do think they're a great place for something in the classic RPG tradition rather than the AAA action tradition or the social cash-in tradition.  Oh well.

dunno if this is gonna stop the Carboat from heading towards the next Iceberg, but this is probably related

That's the most boring trailer I've seen in a good while.

That's the most boring trailer I've seen in a good while.

Pretty standard for eshop trailers, then again most people know what the game they're buying is all about with the virtual console service.

I... don't see what's wrong with an online touch RPG, or for it being on Smartphones/Tablets. I'm personally looking to try and make RPG's using HTML5 and Javascript, and that's the theory I've got that this might be. As long as its not a stupid social game, I'm a-OK with this idea. I don't think they'd go out and call it "Breath of Fire 6" if it wasn't an actual sixth installment to the series, honestly.

So yeah, I'm intrigued for now. Gonna keep an eye on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really Capcom.....I mean, REALLY!?huh.png

Dammit, I came here thinking that their was actually a new game affot, but for the blasted ios, that kinda broke my heart their

But I will get that artbook.