Awoo.

Sony @ Gamescom 2013 "Remember, Remember, 2 Weeks in November..."

Badnik Mechanic

Edit:

Livestream link: http://www.ustream.tv/new/search?q=gamescm#/PlayStation

GameTrailers live stream link: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamescom/live

MCV just posted details of Sony's Gamescom conference.

When: August 20th 2013.

Time:

6PM UK

7pm Central European Time.

10am Pacific/1pm Eastern (United states of Americaland)

Live Stream: Almost certainly... just... no links right now.

Rumored things:

Demons Souls 2

Vita Price cut.

Vita games.

Little Big Planet 3.

PS4 release date

*looks around...*

Party thread?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-gamescom-press-conference-confirmed/0119240

What I'm expecting out of Gamescom is:

• Price drop for both the PS3 and Vita, with the former costing 200$ with 320 GB and the later with a 8 GB memory card costing $180 respectively.
  • Bundles for the PS3 with Last of Us, GTA V, GT 6, and AC IV with 500 GB for 250 $
  • Bundles for the Vita with Killzone, Tearaway, Walking Dead, GOW HD, and PS+ with 16 GB memory cards for 250$
  • Announcing cross-buy support with new announced LBP 3, Sly 5, Puppeteer, Rain, and KH 1.5 remix
  • Memory Card discounts (8 GB's for 15$, 16 GB for 30$, 32 GB for 50$ and 64 GB for 75$) and bundles (like the ones Europe has been getting)
  • New games for Vita including Uncharted Golden Abyss II, AC Rising Phinox, GTA V Stories, Ghost Recon, Injustice GOY Edition, Gravity Rush II, FF Type 0 HD, and many localizations from Japan like God Eater 2 and more ports of HD collections/PSN games
  • Announce a "Classics" line up for the PS4 that has ports of Classic PS3 games with 60 FPS and 1080p resolution starting with the Uncharted Trilogy, The Last of Us, GT6, Puppeteer, and GOW Assentation all coming at the PS4 launch
  • Announce SSM's and Guerrillas games new IP's for the PS4 with both coming next year
  • Tease Naughty Dog's PS4 game at the end of the show

I know that expecting ALL of this is kinda stupid, but if any of these things happen I will be happy :)

Expecting release dates, one or two new "big" first party games, some PSN titles and maybe a couple announcements from European third parties.

Demons Souls 2

That'd be a TGS reveal.

New games for Vita including Uncharted Golden Abyss II, AC Rising Phinox, GTA V Stories, Ghost Recon, Injustice GOY Edition, Gravity Rush II, FF Type 0 HD, and many localizations from Japan like God Eater 2 and more ports of HD collections/PSN games

You forgot the new Megaman.

Announce SSM's and Guerrillas games new IP's for the PS4 with both coming next year

Tease Naughty Dog's PS4 game at the end of the show

SSM/ND would be VGA reveal material. New Guerrilla / MM IPs are viable tho.

I'd be all over a PS4 release of Puppeteer, btw.

• Thumbs Up 1

My wife got an all expenses paid trip from EA to go to Gamescom.. playing Sims all day and making several blogs about it has paid off :P

Expecting release dates, one or two new "big" first party games, some PSN titles and maybe a couple announcements from European third parties.

That'd be a TGS reveal.

You forgot the new Megaman.

SSM/ND would be VGA reveal material. New Guerrilla / MM IPs are viable tho.

I'd be all over a PS4 release of Puppeteer, btw.

What do you mean 'new Megaman'? If any company would resurrect the series it would be Nintendo due to his appearance in Smash Brothers. It would be great to see a resurrected Megaman Legends 3 on Vita though :)

He said "You forgot the new Mega Man" because there's no way in hell any of that shit is actually happening.

• Thumbs Up 8

He said "You forgot the new Mega Man" because there's no way in hell any of that shit is actually happening.

I was just making possible predictions for Gamescom.  Besides, it would be very smart of Sony to bring some of there big PS3 games across the PS4 launch and the Vita.  Price drops for both the PS3 and PSV are bound (and expected) to happen along with a steep discount on Vita memory cards and possibly introducing a 64 GB version with a year of PS+ would be a good value at 80 dollars.

I do think there will be a lot of support for the Vita due to Sony themselves stating Gamescom being a Vita show and the matter of them REALLY needed to do something about the Vitas struggling sales, so them going all out there for the system would be very smart.  Not to mention a lot of Vita support thus far has come from SCEE (Killzone and Tearaway are coming from studios there alongside all of the indie games they have pushed for the Vita), so a convention on there home turf would be a great place to announce upcoming games.

320GB PS3 @ $200 seems farfetched.

Hoggy posted in the Nintendo thread a tweet that included a PS3 12GB model for $200. Now THAT sounds reasonable.

Not really.

That's even less space than the launch models of PS3. Why 12GB? I have a $20 SD card that holds more than that.

Also, Vita won't get any price cuts and the new games will also be on PS3/PS4. Calling it now.

Edited by Solkia

Not really.

That's even less space than the launch models of PS3. Why 12GB? I have a $20 SD card that holds more than that.

Also, Vita won't get any price cuts and the new games will also be on PS3/PS4. Calling it now.

12GB to compete with the Xbox 360.

Sure it's not feasible for you, but it's feasible for consumers that want a cheap system. I'm not sure how Sony cutting corners and lowering the price sounds unlikely. It's also like the Wii U Basic system. There are people out there that do want the cheapest model and are not all into digital frenzy. What else can Sony cut? You can't cut down on hardware parts. You CAN cut down a hard drive to make it cost dirt cheap.

Hell, the Xbox 360 has a unit that only holds 4GB and is $199.99. Sony has NO equivalent.

12GB to compete with the Xbox 360.

Sure it's not feasible for you, but it's feasible for consumers that want a cheap system. I'm not sure how Sony cutting corners and lowering the price sounds unlikely. It's also like the Wii U Basic system. There are people out there that do want the cheapest model and are not all into digital frenzy. What else can Sony cut? You can't cut down on hardware parts. You CAN cut down a hard drive to make it cost dirt cheap.

Hell, the Xbox 360 has a unit that only holds 4GB and is $199.99. Sony has NO equivalent.

The issue is games that require installs, which is the case for a lot of PS3 games due to its BlueRay Drive not spinning nearly as fast as the 360's disk drive; you don't have to install games at all on 360 (with a small number of exceptions like the upcoming GTA V requiring a 8GB install). A 12 GB PS3 isn't good at all for that reason, but with the systems ability to have your own hard drive replaced is a okay deal, but with this system being the budget system, families how get this system would have to struggle to manage systems if they are uninformed about this feature.

For the very late adopter who wants to check out dat Last of Us everybody's raving about or the upcoming GT6 it's a nice option, and because you can just swap in a generic laptop HDD, space is ultimately irrelevant. I concur they should make that upgrading thing a bit more prominent - it's covered in the manual but who reads those anymore.

Also yeah the Megaman thing was jokes. Ninja Theory is too busy right now to handle the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they come out with a $200 PS2, I'll buy it regardless of the hard drive space since I can just throw the hard drive from my dead 60G in there.

Edited by Chooch

Probably a lot easier to replace them in the newer models too. It wasn't too bad for my original fat PS3, but it was annoying than it should have been.

I'd be surprised if we hear much at all about the Vita besides more indid presence and a bundle. Other than that I'm expecting 1-3 PS4 reveals and morr emphasis on fall PS3 releases.

If they come out with a $200 PS2, I'll buy it regardless of the hard drive space since I can just throw the hard drive from my dead 60G in there.

A $200 PS2? Man, that's expensive.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item637976/Join-us-at-gamescom-2013/?WT.mc_id=pdcticker

In addition to this, that Sony indiser over at Gaf had this to say...

Release date is being announced next week. It was held because Japan was still being confirmed and they couldn't announce it confidently as early as June. Not to mention various other issues. It has little to do with MS. The release is very soon so MS wouldn't really be able to react regardless, but no specific date could be announced in confidence either a couple months ago.

The livestream at GamesCom will be tomorrow right? I'm looking forward to it! Especially dat release date, it's about time they announce it.

Nice to see that Sony actually cares to do a proper livestream unlike a certain other cowardly developer.

• Thumbs Up 2

With Gamescom tomorrow, what to you expect to be announced for PS3, PS4, and Vita?

For PS3, I guess they will show off more of Puppeteer, Ratchet Into the Nexus, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, GT 6 and some new cross-buy stuff between PS3/PS4/Vita like LBP 3, a new Sly Cooper (as Sly 4 did well and a sequel was hinted in its secret ending) and Ratchet Into the Nexus (with the port being made by BluePoint to prevent the port being shoddy like FFA was), along with announcing the 12 GB PS3 publicly.

For PS4, I expect more information on The Order, Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer along with a public demo for Infamous Second Son. As for new games, SSM's New IP has to be announced along with the potential announcement of Guerrilla's new IP with both coming summer next year. I expect at least one 3rd party exclusive as well (ether a PS4 Ratchet that ties into the upcoming film, From Software developing Demons Souls 2, or some exclusive from Ubisoft) and some kind of PS Classics line up announced which brings PS3 tittles like Last of Us and GOW: Assention running at 1080p and 60 FPS coming with the launch.

For Vita, I feel that it will have the biggest presence there as in addition to Sony Bends secret project (most likely a Golden Abyss sequel or Syphon Filter), there is most likely a lot more tittles coming like COD Ghosts, Borderlands 2 GOFY, Injustice GOTY, a new AC tittle, and some big Sony studio (ether SSM's GOW team or Naughty Dog's Last of Us Team) making a huge game for the Vita. A perminte price drop at 200$, cheaper memory cards (with a 64 GB one coming), and live demonstration of Remote Play running on Vita with PS4 are all givens at this point.

Of couse, none of that could happen, but there's a lot that could happen tomorrow, so its cool to guess what happens there smile.png

Edited by RK64