Awoo.

Project M Discussion Thread - 3.02 Patch and Launcher Released!

SilentDoom

As long as you're using Mewtwo's leimotif from The First Movie, now you have to make it his victory theme. Anything less is unacceptable. >=(

Edited by Blacklightning

I only played Melee once and that was like 5 years ago, so this would be all knew to me if it plays exactly like melee.

I'm pretty good in brawl My top characters were Kirby, Sonic, Luigi, Peach and bowser. buut after finding out that brawl takes no skill to win it makes me feel like I'm no good at all tongue.png I certainly want to try Melee out since everyone praise it so much.

Edited by jordine

Look who else is back

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/challenger-approaching-mewtwo-revealed

Mewtwo Strikes Back!  Trailer in the link.

Its like every advancement in hacking Wii games has been leading up to this moment. No reason to buy Smash Bros Wii U anymore.

Unless Sakurai decides to step it up.

Really though, I was more curious of how the P:M team would go about redesigning Mewtwo to make him viable while retaining his unique moves and movements, and I can't say I'm disappointed.

Edited by Rusty Spy

Its like every advancement in hacking Wii games has been leading up to this moment. No reason to buy Smash Bros Wii U anymore.   Unless Sakurai decides to step it up.
Honestly, I'm still more interested in SSB4 compared to this. I mean this is nice and all, but its just a really good mod. ssb4, is a fully new game with new characters. Plus apparently it plays similarly to melee. Ill take that over this any day.

Plus apparently it plays similarly to melee. Ill take that over this any day.

This statement makes no sense.  This plays more like Melee than Smash 4 ever will.  Not to mention the entire design philsophy behind Smash 4 is that it's a sort of middle ground between Brawl and Melee in terms of gameplay.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

I'm just saying I'll get something melee oriented either way. I'd just rather take the game with more new in it. I'm not saying PM by any means isn't good. I just still prefer 4 after seeing both games.

• 3 weeks later...

Turbo Tuesday's Finale.  The hype is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs6YXNiWZY

We also got some sexy looking renders:

536980_616801895039687_882553535_n.png

960057_616801571706386_1508888092_n.png

625580_616801995039677_1986404511_n.png

1460017_616801475039729_1453710765_n.png

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Alternate Costume renders!

625580_616801995039677_1986404511_n.png

536980_616801895039687_882553535_n.png

960057_616801571706386_1508888092_n.png

1460017_616801475039729_1453710765_n.png

Well holy shit.

I cannot wait for the day in the distant, distant, oh so distant future where PAL is finally supported. I'm going to play the hell out of this.

EDIT: haha, posted at the same time Do0m edited. Whoops.

Edited by Tracker

Gotta admit, this is doing a whole lot more for me than SSB4 is right now and I can't even play it (don't know how to get homebrew on the wii).

Gotta admit, this is doing a whole lot more for me than SSB4 is right now and I can't even play it (don't know how to get homebrew on the wii).

doesnt require homebrew, just an SD card and the level editor

I'm pretty much a noob at things like this, but if I've Homebrewed my PAL Wii can I play this or do you mean modifications to the hardware itself? All the work you guys have put into this looks incredible and I've always wanted to have a crack at it!

doesnt require homebrew, just an SD card and the level editor

Ah, okay. Now to get myself a copy of brawl.

I'm pretty much a noob at things like this, but if I've Homebrewed my PAL Wii can I play this or do you mean modifications to the hardware itself? All the work you guys have put into this looks incredible and I've always wanted to have a crack at it!

If you've Homebrewed your PAL Wii then yeah you can play.  However you'll need to play the NTSC version of the game so you need an .iso of the NTSC version on a 16GB or larger USB hard drive as well as USB Loader (Configurable USB Loader or USB Loader GX).

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

The project seems good, but it really friggin' annoys me how dismissive they're being of PAL. 

Quite so.

FINALLY hacked my Wii, so once I've got a 16GB Memory Stick, I should be set to play this. 

...feeling like a bit of a dick over the PAL ranting now. T'is a tad annoying, but hacking the Wii wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. Having to go out and buy more storage isn't fun though. My graphics teacher gave me a 1TB drive to try, but it didn't work. Bleh.

FINALLY hacked my Wii, so once I've got a 16GB Memory Stick, I should be set to play this. 

...feeling like a bit of a dick over the PAL ranting now. T'is a tad annoying, but hacking the Wii wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. Having to go out and buy more storage isn't fun though. My graphics teacher gave me a 1TB drive to try, but it didn't work. Bleh.

I've been using my 500GB HDD which has a partition on it for just Wii games. You have to format that partition to use it with the Wii through WBFS Manager if I recall correctly! Should fix it. :D

Nah, checked compatability on the wiki, doesn't look like it works. Likely because it's USB 3.0. I did try WBFS Manager though.

Edited by Tracker

I'm guessing since I'm going to be running PM through USB Loader I'll need the Homebrew Option ZIP of it? And I'm also guessing that I can't just add the Project M folder onto my HDD instead of an SD card?

Sorry if this is obvious. :P

Picked up a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB for £4.99 - hooray for Argos! Got Brawl's NTSC ISO on there, and it works, time to try and get Project M working too.

602875_692499000768295_1164135756_n.jpg

IT'S THE BEST DAY EVEEEEER

...though strangely after I took this the game froze on the title screen. Odd.

Edited by Tracker

Actually, I just tried it and it does. I only asked because I was at school.

.....................How do you get it to work on Wii-U?