Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

Really glad Into the Nexus turned out great despite being a bit short; the PS2 Ratchets are by far my favorite games on the PS2 and the PS3 ones were just as good (or in the case of A Crack in Time, even better). Don't have the game yet, but with it getting glowing response and coming with a bounus game (never got Quest for Booty), its well worth the 30 bucks its asking for :).

Gameplay-wise this jis probably the best Ratchet and Clank game to date. Story honestly left a lot to be desired for me but was ultimately inoffensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha great I didn't even play the game yet

Thanks

(No but seriously don't forget to spoiler tag that shit next time)

• Thumbs Up 1

Beat this game the other day.  Man, it was fantastic while it lasted.  The weapons are awesome, the gameplay is incredibly refined, and everything about it just makes me want more.  It's one of the few times recently that I didn't want a game to end.

That's honestly my only problem with it, the length.  And even then it's not a big deal.  It was just so good that it left me wanting more, and that's a good sign.

Also this game has the best jetpack ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

It may have been short, but the 30 dollar price tag more than makes up for it. It's got loads of hours of gameplay and is a nice new adventure for our furry and robot duo.

Kind of felt bad for Vendra. It's like that one episode of Teen Titans all over again... except in this case, well, Mr. Eye is kind of a giant monster. I know they say don't judge a book by its cover but umm... I saw this one coming from a mile away. Overall though, Vendra made for an interesting foil to Ratchet, much like Alister was. It was surreal to see her be so "cold and empty" as Talwyn puts it and then you find her crying...

The ending with Cronk and Zephyr was an interesting touch. I suppose after a Crack in Time's reversed death they reasoned it wouldn't hurt to cheapen the concept of death further. tongue.png I just ponder who will replace them as comic relief.

Oh right, gameplay! Seemed solid enough. I learned to love the Prog Blades in their ability to take down bosses; they're an early-game RYNO with how well they turn enemies into swiss cheese.

I want to see where Ratchet goes from here. That ending makes it look like the next game could be VERY interesting... I'm optimistic this game was short so as to make sure the next game is a longer one. Now, we play the waiting game...