Awoo.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Thread: Ty 1-3 All Being Re-Released on Steam

Tani Coyote

The Kickstarter campaign is over. Bad news: We didn't make it to $150,000 (the final amount raised is $132,242). It looks like the Xbox One fans will have to wait a little longer.

But there's still hope. If you backed the campaign at all (even if it's only $1), you can also get add-ons, the price of which will be added to the Kickstarter total.

• 2 months later...

Another update - thanks to additional purchases from backers, enough money's been gathered to release the game on Xbox One. All three consoles will have a release next year.

• 3 months later...

Ty releases this month on the 31st on Switch. Here's the trailer!

• 2 months later...

An update on things - the PS4 version is nearing completion - the updates state the dev team are working on getting the last of the levels up to 60fps, and have been making further improvements, including a new Infrarang effect to make it easier to find hidden crates: 

The final pieces are the trophy implementation, as well as leaderboards. We don't know much as of yet about it, but they've confirmed that completing the game in Hardcore mode will not be required for the platinum trophy. The game is also beginning QA testing in two weeks.

• 1 month later...

Got my PS4 code last night. I've only played the first level, as I don't want to get too much into the game until I finish Ghost of Tsushima, but I still really liked what I played. I was worried it wouldn't hold up for me, but it does, so I'm happy 😊

• 3 months later...

Oh, I guess I didn't come back here lol Well, I did finish and platinum the game and I still loved the game!

But the reason I'm posting is that they just sent out their last Kickstarter Update, and they've confirmed a Ty 2 HD Remaster Kickstarter for next year:

What's Next?

2765859411be4a0c8a8299d7126ed43f_origina

We've heard you. We've been listening and answering your questions about bringing TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue to consoles, too.

It's already been remastered in HD on the Steam platform (for PC). Textures, effects, user interface updates, etc.

We've already started looking into the coding work to bring TY2HD to consoles. Yesterday, Steve broadcast his time reviewing TY2, looking for more art to improve.

TY2HD was made with version 2 of our Merkury engine. We learned much bringing TY1HD across, but we have to start back at square one and figure out what we can update and improve.

Nothing is happening on the console front this year. So, we'll let you know early next year about another Kickstarter or news on a TY2HD release, or *shrug* anything else that might come up.

Ta for a great 2020!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2031740950/ty-console/posts/3001036?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users

I've never played the sequels, so I'm excited and hope it succeeds.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

A bit late, but a Kickstarter for the console versions of TY 2 has kicked off. It's already funded, but it'll do Krome good if you throw more cash their way.

I'm happy to see that they only need $75,000 for all three ports this time. PS4/Xbone being stretch goals last time was silly.

I'd completely forgotten the first game was finally released on PS4 about five months ago. Hadn't played it since the PS2 release, so I thought I'd download and plat it for good measure :)

Plays good. Pretty much as I remember from PS2.

Never played Ty 2 & 3, so will definitely pick up the second game when it gets ported to PS4.