Awoo.

Think Chao Gardens will come back?

Surge

I certainly hope we see them again! To me they're the best thing that's ever been added to the Sonic series, and now they've been taken away. =( I spent absolute hours in SA2's Chao garden. But yeah, like others in this topic said I reckon it's highly unlikely we'll see them again anytime soon as SEGA can't make the normal gameplay work right, let alone add a Chao garden, especially how they rush their games these days.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blacklightning

• Blue Blood

• BakingBluePotatoe

• SuperStingray

Perhaps a Chao Garden WiiWare game could be made to interact with other Sonic games on Nintendo hardware. New areas could open up in the Garden depending on what game is currently in the Wii. Having NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, for example, could open up a Nightopia-themed Garden where you could raise a Chao based on NiGHTS or Reala. Perhaps you could even breed a Chao with Nightopians from JoD and get some kind of wierd, or possibly awesome, hybrid. Maybe you could even transfer Chao into it from SADX/SA2B.
As much as I'm against the possibility of a standalone Chao Garden... this is actually a pretty neat idea. Making a universal Chao Garden that is compatible with all possible games and not just the one it comes with is probably the best thing you could do for a concept like this, and there's a fair bit of possibility to be had. To be honest though, this seems more plausible on the X360 or PS3 than on the Wii - for it to work, you'd have to either pre-install all possible options in advance of other games (reducing replayability, content and possibly even spoiling future games) or base it around DLC (and we know how bad the Wii is with that, don't we?).

Hellz yeah, I loved the Chao Gardens! The REAL ones, anyway - not Sonic Advance 3 and Chronicles and all the other sorry excuses for Chao Gardens where you can't actually raise the little things. I'd love if they threw in another SA2-style garden in the next big Sonic game. (Not at the expense of gameplay, of couse - they should focus on that first.) They could redesign them and make them more animated, and add a few more mini-games on top of races and karate. It'd also be cool if you could take them out in adventure fields/hub worlds just 'cause. They should redesign the gardens themselves, too, and make them more interesting, and...

Ahem, sorry. I used to be obsessed with Chaos Gardens when I first started playing Sonic; it's what got me into the games, admittedly. :)

Oh yes yes, I'd certainly love to have another garden! (Not like I had any chance to use it! :P) Complete with races, multiple gardens, Black Market, mini-games, kindergarten... and the music could even stay the same, it's so brillant! \(^o^)/<3

And the dancing halffish in the Black Market has to return!

And there should be an avalability to see Chao in Space 3 in the next game!

And there should be some new chao eggs!

And there should be an option to take one chao out to follow you during stages!

And there should be an option to kill Omochao!

And there should be various options on how to kill Omochao!

And they should be made up by an incredibly creative mad serial killer!

Or any Japanese person!

^⌐^ I'd personally choose the option "Cut off limbs with a saw then crush the head and throw into a metal recycle bin" >w<

Edited by midori

And there should be an option to kill Omochao!

And there should be various options on how to kill Omochao!

And they should be made up by an incredibly creative mad serial killer!

Or any Japanese person!

You made me lol XD

I too would love to see the Chao gardens return. When I had finished all of SA/SA2 I spent my time fussing over my chaos. If you didn't like the game the chao gardens more than made up for it and unlocking the different gardens was fun too. I really wish they would make a comeback not only because they were fun but back in the late 90s the internetz was still new but now, with so many online opportunities they could take the Chao world online. That would be fun.

Edited by CreamyBagel