Awoo.

What Was Your First Sonic Game?

Super Sonic 7

Sonic 1 on the Mark 3 SEGA Genesis. The funny thing is I'm only 14 cool.png

Edited by The Revolutionary Cafe

It was Sonic Heroes on PS2. I finished it once, then i came back to play it again and it would always freeze at the level before the boss.tongue.png

Sonic 06 i got it when i got my ps3 in 2006

I feel bad for you, mang. 

It was 2003, I can remmeber it was my 6th birthday. Mom and Dad presented me with a GBA and Sonic Advance. It was the first game I had ever owned and the first I'd ever beaten. I thought at that time it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... until I got to the Special Stages.

And I spent 8 long years trying to beat those brutal Special Stages and get all of the Chaos Emeralds till I did.

And did you enjoy it?

Mine was Sonic Advance 2. A long Nintendo fan, I picked this up for my GBA because it was cheap, and I loved it. A few years later, I played the Genesis classics and have been hooked ever since.

My first game was also Sonic Advance 2, and I have to say I knew then and there I was meant to LOVE the Sonic Saga. I have to say the GameBoy was a great toy for its time.

I actually received the Sonic Compilation that came bundled with many Sega Mega Drives in 1995. It had Sonic 1, 2 and Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I'd say that Sonic 2 was my first game anyway. Such a classic. 

My family only had Nintendo consoles when I was little, but around the end of '99/beginning of '00 (I was 8 years old at the time), I played the Sonic Adventure demo at Toysrus; I loved it. I already knew who Sonic was because I watched the cartoons, but I never played a Sonic game until then (from what I remember).

Then, in 2002, I got my first legit Sonic game(s?). My mind is a little foggy, but it was either Sonic Advance or Adventure 2: Battle. They came out so close together, so I forgot. Advance came out first though, so I'll go with that. :P

My first Sonic game would have to be Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on Genesis. That is the game I remember most playing on my friends's Genesis and I didn't own one ever since I pretty much stayed with Nintendo but I have to say it was an awesome and still is to this day. I buy the collections when they pop up from to time like for example Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube. 

When I was a young boy my father bought me and my sister a Sega Megadrive which included a few games including Sonic 1 and 2. 

Sonic the Hedgehog was my first Sonic game but I still maintain that my favourite of them all was Sonic 2

Sonic the Hedgehog was my first Sonic game but I still maintain that my favourite of them all was Sonic 2

Yeah, it's a gem.

Sonic 3(& Knuckles) on the computer. I also apparently used to play Sonic 2 at the dentist but I don't really remember that.

The first Sonic game I played was Sonic Adventure 2, but the first game I actually bought was Sonic Rush :P

My first Sonic game was the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive that was on a multicart. In case people want to know, it was the Mega 6 multicart that was bundled on some of the last Mega Drive II models that were released in around 1996/1997 and the game that it had apart from Sonic 1 [yes, they did call it Sonic 1] were Sega Soccer (aka World Cup Italia 90), Columns, Super Monaco GP, Revenge of Shinobi and Streets of Rage.

Sonic 3(& Knuckles) on the computer. I also apparently used to play Sonic 2 at the dentist but I don't really remember that.

I don't know what kind of dentist you went to, but if you can somehow play Sonic 2 at said dentist, then you officially have/had the most awesome dentist ever!  Over here, it's just a waiting room where you sit and read magazines about home decorating or something.

Unless you meant on Game Gear or other portable device, then... yeah, nevermind.

Edited by Akito

I don't know what kind of dentist you went to, but if you can somehow play Sonic 2 at said dentist, then you officially have/had the most awesome dentist ever! Over here, it's just a waiting room where you sit and read magazines about home decorating or something.

Unless you meant on Game Gear or other portable device, then... yeah, nevermind.

Reminds me of a children's hairdressers my partner used to go to, you could watch a movie or play a videogame (think it might have been PS1 or. 2) while having your hair done, it's closed now I think, it was called hairy monsters ( to the best of my recollection)

For me, the first game, if I remember right was Sonic 2 long ago at some other person's house on their genesis. I actually did enjoy it and watching others play it as well. The big problem was I could never get a hold of a genesis or sega consoles. We always had nintendo consoles, so I grew up primarily with nintendo consoles and games over the sega games. It took until many many years later that dad brought home one home from a pawnshop that he got cheap and brought a copy of Sonic 2 with it for me to play before i owned it myself.

I think the first I owned though was likely Sonic Adventure 1 though, since I finally was able to get a Dreamcast and start playing sonic games in that age. I still loved the games for the longest time, but it was many years later, around 05 before I became much more hardcore and had to play more and more of them. So from there, you can see now that everything just went from then on to me being who I am now. =)

Mine as Sonic Advance. Damn the game is hard. Still can't complete it to this day. :/ knuckles is the best in the game hands down.

Sonic Advance 2.

It is funny because I asked for Sonic Adventure 2, but my father bought me Advancetongue.png  I didn´t mind. I enjoyed (and still) enjoy Sonic Advance 2

Edited by Ristar

The answer to this question has been lost to time. I've had both Sonic 1 & 2 on the Genesis for as far back as I can remember. I played Sonic 2 a heck of a lot more though, so even if it wasn't truly my first it would be the one I was most accustomed to while growing up.

My first was Sonic 1 "built in" to the master system 2 back in 1991. Sonic 2 on that was also great!!

Ah, Happy days.

Upgraded to the Mega Drive in 1992, (sonic 1 and 2 had a right "beating" then!! ) and the Mega CD in 1994...So I managed to experience Sonic CD in its original European format....and for that reason its still my favorite (if not first) game.

Edited by castell-neath

I've noticed alot of people have said Sonic 2 like I have, but many other options as well. I'm surprised this topic doesn't have a poll attached to it to see a comparison as well of who started with what.